Brett Morris set to be named on the wing for NSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So they've come out and with the team that they apparently "know" Loz will pick and it has Brett Morris on the wing
They're also looking at bringing back Peter Wallace.

That'll fkn do me.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have problems spinning the ball out wide quickly anyway so shouldn't bother us too much.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't believe that Daley is even considering Brett Morris !
He's past his best at 30. If Daley continues to pick the deadwood, he'll be falling on his sword.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't believe that Daley is even considering Brett Morris !
He's past his best at 30. If Daley continues to pick the deadwood, he'll be falling on his sword.
Honestly who else is there?

Mansour- injured (would have been picked)
TTurbo- injured last round

Who else would you have picked?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Vaughan should be in the team for sure. As should McIness who's much better than Wallace.

Croker should come in with turbo out and put Dugan on the wing where he played well for Australia. It's a joke that they never pick Croker.

I'm sick of these rep teams never being picked on form. How does Shannon boyd make the Australian team?

And bmoz has been horrible this season. He'll probably do a good job but Croker should be picked. I feel sorry for guys like him who are deserving but never get considered.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Vaughan should be in the team for sure. As should McIness who's much better than Wallace.

Croker should come in with turbo out and put Dugan on the wing where he played well for Australia. It's a joke that they never pick Croker.

I'm sick of these rep teams never being picked on form. How does Shannon boyd make the Australian team?

And bmoz has been horrible this season. He'll probably do a good job but Croker should be picked. I feel sorry for guys like him who are deserving but never get considered.
BS big time. Bmoz has been one of our best most games.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
BS big time. Bmoz has been one of our best most games.
He's still a good player but he's had multiple games where he's made handling errors in attack or blunders which have led to tries.

He had a great game at fullback against souths but other than that he's had a down year by his standards and hasnt come close to justifying his price tag since he joined the club.

Plus being one of our best means nothing as our team has been ordinary and we average 4 first half points a game!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Origin has become a non event by the embarrassing efforts of NSW for past 10years..

Growing up in the 90s Origin was awesome.. now its just a money grabbing game

To be honest I'd say nsw losing so much has brought interest back into it.

I hate origin and want test matches to be the pinnacle of our game.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Morris twins must of got Daley's attention when they put on a defensive masterclass and shut down Leipana

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He's still a good player but he's had multiple games where he's made handling errors in attack or blunders which have led to tries.

He had a great game at fullback against souths but other than that he's had a down year by his standards and hasnt come close to justifying his price tag since he joined the club.

Plus being one of our best means nothing as our team has been ordinary and we average 4 first half points a game!
Most of the players have made errors that led to tries at some point. Klemmer let in one last week. Hes playing origin. Elliott let in 2 with fumbles, everyone still loves him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most of the players have made errors that led to tries at some point. Klemmer let in one last week. Hes playing origin. Elliott let in 2 with fumbles, everyone still loves him.
Like others have said, both Morris' have always done NSW proud and I'm sure he'll play well this time of picked.

I just am sick of rep sides being selected on reputation and not form. I empathise with guys who never get a look in year in year out because the same guys always get picked.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Like others have said, both Morris' have always done NSW proud and I'm sure he'll play well this time of picked.

I just am sick of rep sides being selected on reputation and not form. I empathise with guys who never get a look in year in year out because the same guys always get picked.
It's not reputation, its experience. The truth is that at the next level its not just about what you have done for your club. The blokes who have demonstrated they do the job well at origin level are the first ones picked. The problem is when they don't do the job at that level and get picked again that we have a problem Pearce is a classic example. Great club player but does nothing at Origin level and we keep picking him because no-one is playing better than him at club level. Huh??

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not reputation, its experience. The truth is that at the next level its not just about what you have done for your club. The blokes who have demonstrated they do the job well at origin level are the first ones picked. The problem is when they don't do the job at that level and get picked again that we have a problem Pearce is a classic example. Great club player but does nothing at Origin level and we keep picking him because no-one is playing better than him at club level. Huh??
I get that but they have to blood new guys eventually and change things up because it clearly isn't working with the old guard.

Pearce should never be picked for origin again. He's unfortunately a very good club player but for NSW he's proven many times he doesn't deserve another shot each year.

Especially when hodkinson and Reynolds were the combination that finally won the blues a series. Pearce would have played nearly thirty origins which is more than many greats and he still hasn't won a series. It's hilarious really.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of his reads in defence and under the high ball have been ordinary this year but his attack has been fine. He just gets so few opportunities because of our slow service out of dummy half and first receiver. He'll go great if picked given the quality of footballers that will be inside him. I'm happy for Montoya to get a few more games in FG too.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't want to see him in origin again even though he's been great at rep level and wouldn't let them down. I think he's copped an injury in the majority of origin games he played for the last season or two. If he must get injured I'd prefer it to be at club level.

I agree with everyone who has dissed Laurie Daley though. He was great as a player but in my opinion he's not a coaches asshole. I'm not sure he even had a game plan ever. For origin to get back to having a great following again they need to find someone that isn't just a seat filler coaching. I'd maybe try Sheens there over Daley. He relies on structure a lot but surely his experience puts him ahead of a guy that's got troubles stringing two sentences together.

Many of our series loses in the past ten. Years have come about for to dud calls from referees in my opinion. I recall a disallowed try where they said Hayne stepped into touch costing us a series which they admitted was another error the following day. I bang on with this point quite often, but the population of Queensland is only a portion of the NSW population and if that is representative of the people who have a sentimental bet on NSW to win, the gambling agencies will rake in the money if they can cost us another series through apparent poor calls. I may be just a conspiracy theorist, but when the NRL after being paid a rather significant amount of the gambling take as part of the sponsorship deal it throws plenty of doubt in my mind about whether the NRL cards enough about fans to ensure the game is trees strewn the middle. And honestly the last time I watched an origin game (actually switched off after ten minutes) they piggybacked Queensland, gave them free reign tri be thugs and caned the blues heavily with biased calls. I'm not sure if I'll even switch the game on this year. Is hard to watch it and not feel like we're going to have any chance to win because of referee bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.