Brett Kimmorley's wife has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In tragic news, former Knights, Storm, Sharks and Bulldogs player Brett Kimmorley has lost his wife to cancer today.

Sharnie Kimmorley was only 38, and there are reports that she had been fighting a long illness.

Sharnie was diagnosed with a brain tumour in June 2016.

Sharnie and Brett have four young children together.

RIP Mrs Kimmorley
My heartfelt condolences go out to Brett and his family.

This hits pretty close to home for me due to my husband's battle with cancer which by all indications to this point in time he has won. Constant monitoring from now on but at least I still have him. He is 44 this year, but to lose someone at 38 years of age is, well, it is just too young.

Such a damn cruel disease that seems to affect more and more as the years pass and robs families of those close to them in the worst way.

God bless them in this their time of sorrow and I trust that in time they will be able to move on with life in a satisfactory way.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just put something up on the social media accounts on behalf of all of us here.

38... nobody should ever die that young.

Conolences and thoughts are with Noddy, his kids, and their family.
just saw that

good job Mr. I and admin

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Condolences to the Kimmorley family. At 38 she was not only a young mother, but I'm sure her own parents still feel this is horribly young to lose their daughter.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Sad news. Thoughts and prayers with the family :(

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very sad. Rest in peace - Ia manuia lou malaga

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So sad..taken way too young..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A minute of silence before the game I hope then the boys can put in an effort displaying her fighting qualities

Rip

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Looked after her while she was in hospital & Brett never left her side!! So so sad to see someone taken so young especially when there is such love from so many people!!

RIP

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't imagine how he is feeling?
Stay strong BK, my condolences goes out to his family.

So sad, I really hope he keeps it together.
No one wants to see him do what that German goalkeeper did when he lost his child!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A MEASURE of the love and devotion Brett Kimmorley felt for his wife Sharnie was the day an NRL game in Wollongong was almost delayed because of her.

It was edging closer to kick-off and Bulldogs and Dragons players were pacing around in their respective dressing rooms getting ready to run out for a game back in 2009.

All except Kimmorley.

“He’d just got a message from Sharnie to say she and their girls couldn’t get into the car park at WIN Stadium because the bloke on the gate wouldn’t let them in,” a Bulldogs insider said.

“It was probably only two minutes to kick-off but Noddy’s (Kimmorley) response was to get a message relayed to the attendant telling him the game wasn’t going to start until he did.

“Right at that moment, Sharnie was probably the most powerful person at WIN Stadium.”

For Kimmorley, a former Kangaroos and NSW Blues Origin halfback who won a premiership and Clive Churchill medal with Melbourne Storm and played more than 300 top grade games with six different clubs, it has always been that way.

Family first, footy second.

But that has been shattered by Sharnie’s death from brain cancer at just 38 years of age.

The mother of four young daughters — Maddi, Mia, Ava and Ivy — passed away at home with family and friends by her side following an eight-month battle with the disease.

Initially believing she had fought it off after first being diagnosed in June last year, it is understood the cancer returned very aggressively several weeks ago.

“We are gutted,” close family friends Chris and Lynne Anderson said.

Anderson, who coached Kimmorley at Melbourne and Cronulla, described Sharnie’s death as “just the saddest thing ever”.

“They were just such a devoted family to each other and the kids. It was their whole life,” he said. “She was the family taxi. The girls did everything through school and after school and she just facilitated it all for them. She was a mother hen … amazing with the girls.

“But all the decisions Brett made in footy, they were family decisions.”

Lynne Anderson said Sharnie devoted herself to Kimmorley and the girls. “She was 100 per cent behind him and his career all the way,” she said. They were childhood sweethearts and rock solid with everything they did.

“She was so devoted to Brett and the girls and knew Brett was just the best dad and husband she could hope for.

“I spoke to her when she initially got the diagnosis and she said ‘I’m going to beat it. It’s not going to win’ and that was the attitude that summed them up. They refused to believe in the negative. They did everything they could to beat it.”

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg, whose family is extremely close to the Kimmorleys, said the rugby league community had taken the news of Sharnie’s death so hard because of the former half-back’s standing in the game.

“I’ve known Noddy for a long time now,” he said.

“My eldest daughter Lara has been babysitting the girls for a long period and my wife Lisa was close to Sharnie and he is one of those few people inside the game that is admired and loved by many.

“It is why this has resonated with a lot of people.

“Both he and Sharnie supported each other enormously and a lot of people knew Brett’s success on the field over a long period of time came in part because he had such a strong and resolute lady behind him.”

Greenberg said the rugby league community would be there for the family.

“The game has the ability to wrap its arms around Brett and his daughters and support them not just today or tomorrow but for a long period ahead,” he said.

“Brett knows that. He knows the game has its arms around to help as best we can.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/41728e33b54f5f3d2a3c0687eade7c61

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A MEASURE of the love and devotion Brett Kimmorley felt for his wife Sharnie was the day an NRL game in Wollongong was almost delayed because of her.

It was edging closer to kick-off and Bulldogs and Dragons players were pacing around in their respective dressing rooms getting ready to run out for a game back in 2009.

All except Kimmorley.

“He’d just got a message from Sharnie to say she and their girls couldn’t get into the car park at WIN Stadium because the bloke on the gate wouldn’t let them in,” a Bulldogs insider said.

“It was probably only two minutes to kick-off but Noddy’s (Kimmorley) response was to get a message relayed to the attendant telling him the game wasn’t going to start until he did.

“Right at that moment, Sharnie was probably the most powerful person at WIN Stadium.”

For Kimmorley, a former Kangaroos and NSW Blues Origin halfback who won a premiership and Clive Churchill medal with Melbourne Storm and played more than 300 top grade games with six different clubs, it has always been that way.

Family first, footy second.

But that has been shattered by Sharnie’s death from brain cancer at just 38 years of age.

The mother of four young daughters — Maddi, Mia, Ava and Ivy — passed away at home with family and friends by her side following an eight-month battle with the disease.

Initially believing she had fought it off after first being diagnosed in June last year, it is understood the cancer returned very aggressively several weeks ago.

“We are gutted,” close family friends Chris and Lynne Anderson said.

Anderson, who coached Kimmorley at Melbourne and Cronulla, described Sharnie’s death as “just the saddest thing ever”.

“They were just such a devoted family to each other and the kids. It was their whole life,” he said. “She was the family taxi. The girls did everything through school and after school and she just facilitated it all for them. She was a mother hen … amazing with the girls.

“But all the decisions Brett made in footy, they were family decisions.”

Lynne Anderson said Sharnie devoted herself to Kimmorley and the girls. “She was 100 per cent behind him and his career all the way,” she said. They were childhood sweethearts and rock solid with everything they did.

“She was so devoted to Brett and the girls and knew Brett was just the best dad and husband she could hope for.

“I spoke to her when she initially got the diagnosis and she said ‘I’m going to beat it. It’s not going to win’ and that was the attitude that summed them up. They refused to believe in the negative. They did everything they could to beat it.”

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg, whose family is extremely close to the Kimmorleys, said the rugby league community had taken the news of Sharnie’s death so hard because of the former half-back’s standing in the game.

“I’ve known Noddy for a long time now,” he said.

“My eldest daughter Lara has been babysitting the girls for a long period and my wife Lisa was close to Sharnie and he is one of those few people inside the game that is admired and loved by many.

“It is why this has resonated with a lot of people.

“Both he and Sharnie supported each other enormously and a lot of people knew Brett’s success on the field over a long period of time came in part because he had such a strong and resolute lady behind him.”

Greenberg said the rugby league community would be there for the family.

“The game has the ability to wrap its arms around Brett and his daughters and support them not just today or tomorrow but for a long period ahead,” he said.

“Brett knows that. He knows the game has its arms around to help as best we can.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/41728e33b54f5f3d2a3c0687eade7c61
Brett was one very lucky man and nothing will ever replace the life that he and Sharnie shared and their love which obviously ran very deep. Always admired him as a player and it is not hard to see that the reason he was so settled and applied on field was due to the support and love that he had off it.

Cancer is such a sinister and prevalent disease, and from experience over the last few months when someone close to you has/had the disease it is akin to that elephant in the room that won't go away. It is that niggling, digging thought in the back of your mind 24/7 and you just cannot completely compartmentalise it and lock it away. Everything else in your life is put aside to focus on the fight to beat the disease and reclaim a normal life for your loved one and those around you.

No matter which way you turn you hear stories from others who have been touched in some way by it. You just try to be really positive and look for what you hope will be a complete recovery with no reoccurrence, but believe me that thought is hard to shake - 'What if it comes back?" Brett seems like the type of guy who would have been positive and supportive but that does not lessen the hurt or anger he must have been feeling then and now.

It must have been an absolute joy when Sharnie looked much like she had beaten it down but despair when it returned with a vengeance. For Brett and his children that glimmer of hope that they would have their wife and mother back again, healthy and strong and for many years to come was dashed. Life can be joyful but also cruel.

Their married lives together were a joy and I sincerely hope that the time they had together during their battle was peppered with more good than bad; that in time Brett and the children can move on in a positive way and revel in the joy and happiness of the memories of lives well lived. Sharnie seems like the type who would have helped him be prepared for what was to come and her legacy will live on. God bless them all.

“When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.” Kahlil Gibran

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably the hardest thing a guy could go through, her pic spoke a thousand words, condolences to Brett, family and friends.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So sad. So very sad. RIP Sharnie :(

Status
Not open for further replies.