Brett Finch checks into rehab for health issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Forum of haters. So again forum Brett Finch has some problems. Dont we all. While it is everyones right not to like someone, I cant see how it is constructive to say ..."I never liked the bloke anyway, or he wasnt a good player, or hes a Dogs hater or hes a hopeless commentator. Just think...YOU guys personalise it. He has checked into a clinic with a mental health problem. NOTHING ELSE IN HIS PAST IS RELEVENT.

So what does anything he has done or said in the past have anything to do with him checking into a clinic. Im not on a high horse...Im merely pointing out that lots of other people in the media and in football did and still do think highly of Finchie. Sure people are entitled to their own opinion but behind a cloak of anonymity you guys like to persecute people. Why? and what makes you so god damm good? To me...to kick a man when hes down is the lowest form of bastardry. I wish nobody ill. Dare I say it....Im sick to my stomach (lol) at the hatred dished out on this forum towards people YOU DONT KNOW. Its downright UnAustralian. How would you like someone coming to your workplace and dishing up spirilous garbage about how poorly you perform your daily tasks. If you cant say something nice about someone YOU DONT KNOW dont say anything at all. Or let he who is perfect cast the first stone in the direction of Brett Finch.
ok i reckon im perfect, so thats why i threw the stone at the finch

N

Natboy

You lot disgust me. As a former player myself, I knew of him and he is and was always very highly respected as a competitor and a loyal friend.

For all you dead beats who say he has no idea or that he doesnt like our club - you have absolutely no idea and have no idea of the friends he has At Many Levels in our club.

Hes always been very generous with his time to his mates and friends and is a loyal and sincere bloke.

Hes recently become very taken by a lovely lady and I hope he can fight his deamons and get back to normal soon. His laughter and sense of humour is infectious and hes always good fun to be around. Which is no doubt more than I could say for you sorry lot of numbnuts.

I for one, LOVE HIS COMMENTARY - he was a skillful player, he knows the game and was a great competitor.

Get well soon Finchie - The Dogs TRUE FAITHFUL love you.
I am disgusted that we are forced to watch and listen to someone without any talent. He is dead set annoying and was the biggest sook on the field and now completely biased off the field.
I hope he gets over his depression but maybe there is a reason why he was single until he was in his 30's...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Forum of haters. So again forum Brett Finch has some problems. Dont we all. While it is everyones right not to like someone, I cant see how it is constructive to say ..."I never liked the bloke anyway, or he wasnt a good player, or hes a Dogs hater or hes a hopeless commentator. Just think...YOU guys personalise it. He has checked into a clinic with a mental health problem. NOTHING ELSE IN HIS PAST IS RELEVENT.

So what does anything he has done or said in the past have anything to do with him checking into a clinic. Im not on a high horse...Im merely pointing out that lots of other people in the media and in football did and still do think highly of Finchie. Sure people are entitled to their own opinion but behind a cloak of anonymity you guys like to persecute people. Why? and what makes you so god damm good? To me...to kick a man when hes down is the lowest form of bastardry. I wish nobody ill. Dare I say it....Im sick to my stomach (lol) at the hatred dished out on this forum towards people YOU DONT KNOW. Its downright UnAustralian. How would you like someone coming to your workplace and dishing up spirilous garbage about how poorly you perform your daily tasks. If you cant say something nice about someone YOU DONT KNOW dont say anything at all. Or let he who is perfect cast the first stone in the direction of Brett Finch.
I'm pretty sure we're getting trolled here.

But if you are serious with your comments then perhaps you need to follow Finch and seek help. If you were really a former player I've got no idea how you'd deal with commentators bagging you or fans screaming at you.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

at what point does the thread direct that we must comment only on Brett Finch going into rehab, is it not open to all opinions on past and present, or did i just miss that bit?
and im not sure what australia you live in but the one i do is one where it is open slather to bag ur mates, colleagues, strangers lightheartedly and no one takes offence as that is who we are?
if i worried about everything some no one had said about me i would probably have committed suicide by now.
on finchie checking into rehab im sure there is no better place for him to be to handle whatever it is he is going through and hope it all turns out for him, but im sure he isnt on the kennel reading what a bunch of people he doesnt know are saying about him, but if you want to turn it into a battlefield of the righteous by all means.

Like I said always entertaining hearing your opinion that we as a whole are always grotesque and wrong :grinning:

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't like the bloke he dosent like our club but hopes he get better
the 04 GRAND FINAL where we runied fittlers fairytale send off and crushed finch's dream would still be bitter, freddy is biased and so is finchy as much as I love them I can still admit they hate our club..

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

FMD you are an arrogant twat, aren't you? If you take your own balls out of your mouth you'd see what people mean. People are being honest. Despite their dislike for him, they wish him best at a time like this. How do you not understand that? Are you that self involved?

Who has said they don't wish him well because they don't/didn't rate him at his occupation. Please quote ANYONE who has said that. Take your time...

I love how you decide what's unaustralian and what a true Bulldogs supporter can say or think.

Kick a man when he's down? Who did that? You wish nobody ill? Who here did?

It's a good thing you're not Ron Jeremy otherwise you'd have one sore jaw/throat....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He is another bulldogs_fan, he won't answer you and avoid you now.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
health issues? is that the nice way of saying he's a coke head?

can't half tell with his teeth

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never too scared to front up and answer criticism. I never said I was a regular first grader. I said I was a former player. I never said I was a friend of Brett Finch, I said I knew of him. The Australia I grew up in was all about slagging off your mates, putting them down, paying out on them when they f**ed up this is true. As Ive got older and dare I say MATURED I think this is a grotesque aspect of the life I had as a youth in Australia. With the recognition of mental health as a disorder we can discuss now, rather than have it brushed under the carpet, Id hope that we recognise the damage we can potentially do to our mates.

Its not clever or smart to put people down. Its not funny to laugh at others misfortune. GROW UP. Anybody that wants to continue to put their mates down go ahead. One day if your mate suicides because he couldnt stand being ridiculed, or the butt of everyones jokes any longer, for goodness sake dont feel sad that you chose to be an asshole to him, rather than someone kind and compassionate.

Its not about growing balls, or toughening up. Of course anyone who has been in the limelight has had to learn to handle criticism or they would never have survived. For every fan there are 10 that hate you. I know that, be they entertainers, sportspeople, or any other celebrity. My whole point was this: when someone is doing it tough for whatever reason, there is no need to say...."I never liked the prick anyway" ...or "he was hopeless as a player and more hopeless as a commentator"...because to say such things totally belittles any comment you might then make about....oh but I hope he gets better. There is a time and a place to air your dissatisfaction with a celebrity. It is not the time or place to do so in a topic that discusses a personal issue. Its not about being on a high horse. Its called goodwill to your fellow man. Its what living in a society is all about.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Never too scared to front up and answer criticism. I never said I was a regular first grader. I said I was a former player. I never said I was a friend of Brett Finch, I said I knew of him. The Australia I grew up in was all about slagging off your mates, putting them down, paying out on them when they f**ed up this is true. As Ive got older and dare I say MATURED I think this is a grotesque aspect of the life I had as a youth in Australia. With the recognition of mental health as a disorder we can discuss now, rather than have it brushed under the carpet, Id hope that we recognise the damage we can potentially do to our mates.

Its not clever or smart to put people down. Its not funny to laugh at others misfortune. GROW UP. Anybody that wants to continue to put their mates down go ahead. One day if your mate suicides because he couldnt stand being ridiculed, or the butt of everyones jokes any longer, for goodness sake dont feel sad that you chose to be an asshole to him, rather than someone kind and compassionate.

Its not about growing balls, or toughening up. Of course anyone who has been in the limelight has had to learn to handle criticism or they would never have survived. For every fan there are 10 that hate you. I know that, be they entertainers, sportspeople, or any other celebrity. My whole point was this: when someone is doing it tough for whatever reason, there is no need to say...."I never liked the prick anyway" ...or "he was hopeless as a player and more hopeless as a commentator"...because to say such things totally belittles any comment you might then make about....oh but I hope he gets better. There is a time and a place to air your dissatisfaction with a celebrity. It is not the time or place to do so in a topic that discusses a personal issue. Its not about being on a high horse. Its called goodwill to your fellow man. Its what living in a society is all about.
Brett Finch is a celebrity?

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well lets make this all personal eh. We are discussing a guy with depression and if anyone dares to speak up for him then that person is a cockhead, f**wit or worse. Ignore my post dingbats, read the f***ken article. Finchie was best man at A Minechellos wedding dingbats. Now is Minnie well regarded? Id like to think so. Perhaps you lot think otherwise.....after all he never pulled on a Bulldogs jersey did he, so hes against us just like Finchie is. Finchies commentary is tongue in cheek rocket scientists. Its designed to get a laugh because like it or not, if you like RL but your not a bulldogs supporter you hate the bulldogs - there is actually no in between. I wonder if that has anything to do with the small number of supporters who lose their cool at matches sometimes or the seige mentality promoted by some in the club or dare I say it....Coffs Harbour or salary cap rorting.

So if anyone wants to take offence against what I say in SUPPORT of Mr Finch please go have a talk to your dear mother if shes still alive. If your mother was anything like my late other she'd tell you....."If you cant say something nice about someone, dont say anything at all". I never called anyone in particular a crude or nasty name. I dont think Im better than anyone at all. Im disgusted at the ill feeling towards a fellow member of the football loving fraternity is all. Lots here though want to personalise it and call me nasty names. Because I happen to know him and members here dont, some people believe they have nonetheless a right to slag off against me and him, neither of whom you know personally? Right. Yes of course. This is what this forum is all about. Lets all put each other down and create 1 giant depressed group of people.

Depression is not something your born with either. It can be and it can just as easily be like a broken leg. It can creep up on you, it can be caused by any multitude of reasons. Mental health is not something to sneer at or second guess.

Lets get back to noticing what we like or dislike about out team eh. Lets leave personal attacks out of this. I am never personal. If someone is disgusted they are not getting personal unless they name names. Think about it.
Calm down Brett. How's rehab going?

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tell you guys something,
When he did the row challenge on the footy show, for a younger man not long retired, gee it real knocked him up, the guy was so out of breath he could nearly speak for the rest of the show, even fatty recovered quicker than finch,

I wonder if his ill health is related to drug use?

Just asking the question guys, I am not suggesting it's the case?
He did play for the roosters

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And so the reneging begins

man bear pig

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well theres no clue in his user profile about being a former first grader, BUT another user has made that claim before too...

Hmm actually I should check that they aren't one and the same!!
First grade oxygen theif thats bout it

man bear pig

Waterboy
Reaction score
Glen doggies if u was as smart n wise n all knowing as u try to make out u would stfu n not continue my god u r digging a deeper hole for ur self

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my mates are emotionally stable and GROWN UP to know not to go and commit suicide because of a joke. they all say im a great bloke blah blah blah but im sure there are many people out there who dnt like me also. but lets vote for roses and fairies all round. From now on we are not allowed to think bad of anyone and say anything derogatory ever, glendoggies may get the moral police out to throw plastic water bottles at us :D

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
also is it wrong to call people numbnuts and or deadbeats? what if someone goes and commits suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.