Brett Finch checks into rehab for health issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well the only reason I'm still here is because of support from my family and my (now wife). Helped me get out of a very dark place.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well lets make this all personal eh. We are discussing a guy with depression and if anyone dares to speak up for him then that person is a cockhead, f**wit or worse. Ignore my post dingbats, read the f***ken article. Finchie was best man at A Minechellos wedding dingbats. Now is Minnie well regarded? Id like to think so. Perhaps you lot think otherwise.....after all he never pulled on a Bulldogs jersey did he, so hes against us just like Finchie is. Finchies commentary is tongue in cheek rocket scientists. Its designed to get a laugh because like it or not, if you like RL but your not a bulldogs supporter you hate the bulldogs - there is actually no in between. I wonder if that has anything to do with the small number of supporters who lose their cool at matches sometimes or the seige mentality promoted by some in the club or dare I say it....Coffs Harbour or salary cap rorting.

So if anyone wants to take offence against what I say in SUPPORT of Mr Finch please go have a talk to your dear mother if shes still alive. If your mother was anything like my late other she'd tell you....."If you cant say something nice about someone, dont say anything at all". I never called anyone in particular a crude or nasty name. I dont think Im better than anyone at all. Im disgusted at the ill feeling towards a fellow member of the football loving fraternity is all. Lots here though want to personalise it and call me nasty names. Because I happen to know him and members here dont, some people believe they have nonetheless a right to slag off against me and him, neither of whom you know personally? Right. Yes of course. This is what this forum is all about. Lets all put each other down and create 1 giant depressed group of people.

Depression is not something your born with either. It can be and it can just as easily be like a broken leg. It can creep up on you, it can be caused by any multitude of reasons. Mental health is not something to sneer at or second guess.

Lets get back to noticing what we like or dislike about out team eh. Lets leave personal attacks out of this. I am never personal. If someone is disgusted they are not getting personal unless they name names. Think about it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Blah blah blah whatever you say Mrs Finch.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
too bad you didnt follow your mums advice when calling us dead beats tbh

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I want to know you being a former player is , do you know the former firstgrader chip and chase ?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well lets make this all personal eh. We are discussing a guy with depression and if anyone dares to speak up for him then that person is a cockhead, f**wit or worse. Ignore my post dingbats, read the f***ken article. Finchie was best man at A Minechellos wedding dingbats. Now is Minnie well regarded? Id like to think so. Perhaps you lot think otherwise.....after all he never pulled on a Bulldogs jersey did he, so hes against us just like Finchie is. Finchies commentary is tongue in cheek rocket scientists. Its designed to get a laugh because like it or not, if you like RL but your not a bulldogs supporter you hate the bulldogs - there is actually no in between. I wonder if that has anything to do with the small number of supporters who lose their cool at matches sometimes or the seige mentality promoted by some in the club or dare I say it....Coffs Harbour or salary cap rorting.

So if anyone wants to take offence against what I say in SUPPORT of Mr Finch please go have a talk to your dear mother if shes still alive. If your mother was anything like my late other she'd tell you....."If you cant say something nice about someone, dont say anything at all". I never called anyone in particular a crude or nasty name. I dont think Im better than anyone at all. Im disgusted at the ill feeling towards a fellow member of the football loving fraternity is all. Lots here though want to personalise it and call me nasty names. Because I happen to know him and members here dont, some people believe they have nonetheless a right to slag off against me and him, neither of whom you know personally? Right. Yes of course. This is what this forum is all about. Lets all put each other down and create 1 giant depressed group of people.

Depression is not something your born with either. It can be and it can just as easily be like a broken leg. It can creep up on you, it can be caused by any multitude of reasons. Mental health is not something to sneer at or second guess.

Lets get back to noticing what we like or dislike about out team eh. Lets leave personal attacks out of this. I am never personal. If someone is disgusted they are not getting personal unless they name names. Think about it.
You were the one who was nasty and attacked people on here ,not once did anyone on here attack brett for having depression ,in fact quite the opposite some wished him well if it was depression not brought on by other substances and in fact some have and have previously had depression themselves,some have expressed their dislike to him once again they are allowed to have their own views,i get sometimes on here people can get into silly arguments but i really think in this case you have been too sensitive and been quite rude and defensive to some comments here ,no one on the kennel wishes bad on people but having an opinion on someone is a right everyone has

Last edited by a moderator:

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go glendoggies argue with everyone again until you renege and agree with us all please. Last time was so funny.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assassin is part of the creation of the R U OK? thread... try and think

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
never been a fan of brett finch i reckon hes a tosser and i cannot stand him on tv or radio,

but on a serious note anyone who is admitted to hospital for help has a serious problem, be it alcohol or drugs or depression, its something we shouldnt make fun of.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
never been a fan of brett finch i reckon hes a tosser and i cannot stand him on tv or radio,

but on a serious note anyone who is admitted to hospital for help has a serious problem, be it alcohol or drugs or depression, its something we shouldnt make fun of.
Nobody made fun of his condition, we aren't animals bro.

Malla

Reaction score
If this is drug related, then no sympathy. Just wish him the best in his recovery.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sorry to everyone else but there is so much I can take, really sick of that arrogant c***, I don't care if he is 16 or 66 he still is a f***wit.
Lol no apology needed, just saying what everyone's thinking!!! Hope ur going alright to big fella!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nobody made fun of his condition, we aren't animals bro.
not saying you did mate, just some of the other comments on here wishing people harm, they may hate the bloke same as i do but no one should wish harm on anyone.
recently i got admitted to the nut ward in hospital because of a serious on going arm issue and i wasnt coping to well, met so many different people in there and was told so many horrific stories of peoples families and themselves whats going on in their lives, really open my eyes as to how serious depression is

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boys..Please play nice..

In a forum like this one it's bound to have different opinions on different subjects.. nothing wrong with stating your opinion, just don't make it personal.

Glendoggies - You made it personal by labelling everyone who had a different opinion to you as a numb nut or whatever.. You can't go around calling people names without expecting backlash...You could quite easily state that Finch is a great guy (according to you) without insulting everybody else that doesn't agree with you.

In my opinion... I wish him the best, I never liked the bloke as a player or commentator... and if this rehab is Drug related then I honestly don't give a flying duck about him...

Bulldogs_fan - you do know that you are on your last thin thread.. So keep your snide comments to yourself. be humble..

Boys, and girls.. please don't make me clean this sh1t again, and I am really not in the mood to infract anyone... Play nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He doesn't look like an alco. I am calling cocaine.

Status
Not open for further replies.