Brent Sherwin Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

How's everyone feeling?

Been looking online about this legend of the game and it dawn on me that compared to others of his stature there isnt much about him online. Thats probably because Brent has always been the kind to keep to himself.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could help me find more information about him and/or his playing days. Especially if anyone can help me find information of hia ute accident on the M4. I remember it happening but cant find any information on it.

Any help any all would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And here i was thinking it was an sos!

Shifty sherwin and his chip bomb regathers...

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps. Im numb and think I am in mild shock. Trying hard to stay away from tv media atm and allready dreaming of next season aswell as Bathurst 1000 ....the four nations.. cricket.. auckland 9s. Trial matches then season 2015 nrl kickoff.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not too sure if I follow... You want to find out more about Sherwin's playing days and a car accident he was supposedly in?

What exactly do you want to hear?

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The crash was a nothing incident.

There was a thread about it on here years ago. Remember it was a coming up after the news kind of story so started with speculation then had people talking about it.

Good luck with your searching. Definitely one of my favourite ever Dogs players. Still watch that highlights package a member on here made a couple of times a season.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
maybe sherwin can coach our halfs on how to kick a ball. Sherwin was a freak in his prime

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
My first memory of shifty is him playing wing in the 1998 reserve grade side (winning the title)...

From 2001-04 he was easily the best halfback in the Comp... However the channel 9 love fest of A Johns ensured he was never fully recognised and also he had a Dally M stolen from him because of judges constantly giving Johns points when he blatantly didn't deserve them!!

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real story for Sherwin is the role played by Anasta in ruining his career. And to think the dogs chose Anasta over Thurston. Those who made that decision should hang their heads in shame.

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He won worst import award one year when he was in England

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He played footy in helensburgh for a couple of seasons.
The locals reckon he tore it up.
He wouldn't train because his knees were fukt, but he'd turn up on the weekend, kick minimum 2 40/20s and stop every other kick in goal.
I work with a club official who reckons he's never seen anything like it.

BupaGraham

Waterboy
Reaction score
His highlights from 2002 would rival jarryd haynes in 2009. My favourite ever Dogs player

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
2002-2004 sherwin would be so far ahead from the current crop of half backs running around the NRL, but probably JT, DCE and Cronk would be above him rated above him

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002-2004 sherwin would be so far ahead from the current crop of half backs running around the NRL, but probably JT, DCE and Cronk would be above him rated above him
JT, DCE, Cronk > Sherwin.

sorry.

he would probably be number 4 though.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
That's what I said.

"probably JT, DCE and Cronk would be above him rated above him"

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Would take Sherwin over the current crop of halfbacks any day of the week. He put Johns on show many times.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Brilliant halfback in his day.

Grew up with him in the Panania/East Hills area in our younger days.

After his return from England i saw him now and then at Northies in Cronulla, he always makes time to sit and chat and have a beer and talk about his days at the dogs, always proudly showing off his premiership tatt.

In short, i will say, he was a champion player and an ever better bloke.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Brilliant halfback in his day.

Grew up with him in the Panania/East Hills area in our younger days.

After his return from England i saw him now and then at Northies in Cronulla, he always makes time to sit and chat and have a beer and talk about his days at the dogs, always proudly showing off his premiership tatt.

In short, i will say, he was a champion player and an ever better bloke.
Did you ask him if it was true that he punched Anasta out in 2005 pre-season after he slept with his missus?

Reaction score
To answer Raysie,

I'm after any information anybody has about his playing career. I know where to find all the stats etc.

I'm more interested in information on the accident. From the account I hesrd the Ute went up on two wheels. Hardly an nothing incident.

Shifty at his peak was better than all current NRL halfbacks with the two exceptions of JT & Cronk.

DCE is massively overrated. A good player but not near what they make him out to be.

To answer Ozil, that story is true and was a huge factor in Anasta's eventual release.

Gazza, JT was told to leave after a few bad incidents. His matured into an legend on and off the field though. Was a bit immature back in the day.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
To answer Raysie,

I'm after any information anybody has about his playing career. I know where to find all the stats etc.

I'm more interested in information on the accident. From the account I hesrd the Ute went up on two wheels. Hardly an nothing incident.

Shifty at his peak was better than all current NRL halfbacks with the two exceptions of JT & Cronk.

DCE is massively overrated. A good player but not near what they make him out to be.

To answer Ozil, that story is true and was a huge factor in Anasta's eventual release.

Gazza, JT was told to leave after a few bad incidents. His matured into an legend on and off the field though. Was a bit immature back in the day.
Do you work for an insurance company or something? Why are you joining this week and asking about a car accident of a former player? What's your motive?

Status
Not open for further replies.