Brendan Piakura consolidated thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont undrtetand what thats got tio do with me but shes hot though, id choke hert.
She outlandishly claims she is black when she obviously is not. Now change black to leb, and her to you, you get the picture. Simples!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep him and Flanno can buck the trend. And I still have hope for Thompson. Burton and JAC absolute no brainers.

I agree Bird was a shit signing. My comment was tongue in cheek about us being careful when criticising others. Anyone who took it literally ain’t real bright
Yeah we are building slowly. And what Barrett and new admin are trying to build, we haven’t had for a long time in terms of recruitment and retention. Unfortunately we still have a little bit of pain to go.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah we are building slowly. And what Barrett and new admin are trying to build, we haven’t had for a long time in terms of recruitment and retention. Unfortunately we still have a little bit of pain to go.
Yep we do.

I am still struggling to remember our last really good signing. And I mean value for money. Ummmmmm

I am going with James Graham in 2012.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep we do.

I am still struggling to remember our last really good signing. And I mean value for money. Ummmmmm

I am going with James Graham in 2012.
Yeah I would agree I’d have to say Booper also. Sammy Perret wasn’t too bad value for money also.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I would agree I’d have to say Booper also. Sammy Perret wasn’t too bad value for money also.
When we picked up Sam Perrett and Kristian Inu mid-season, it was a game changer. Probably the best mid-season signings in NRL history. Both guys very talented and in their primes. We needed strike backs too at that time so it was impeccable timing.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
When we picked up Sam Perrett and Kristian Inu mid-season, it was a game changer. Probably the best mid-season signings in NRL history. Both guys very talented and in their primes. We needed strike backs too at that time so it was impeccable timing.
I still think Rocket Rod Silva is the best mid season signing ever. 1995 doesn't happen without that move.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Exactly need to get shit going let these other spuds we have off contract know we ain’t fucking around and you will be replaced if u don’t perform
I think they already know and are playing accordingly.

Not one of them, as yet, are playing well.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
Good to see Broncos throwing all this money at outside backs and forwards - it's a waste. Their issues at present is their spine. They will need to spend big on a half and hooker if they expect to have any success over the next half a decade. It's clear that Croft and Milford are not the answer and I do not think they can afford to spend time bringing up a young half with all these established players around him that want to win now.

Anyway not our problem.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see Broncos throwing all this money at outside backs and forwards - it's a waste. Their issues at present is their spine. They will need to spend big on a half and hooker if they expect to have any success over the next half a decade. It's clear that Croft and Milford are not the answer and I do not think they can afford to spend time bringing up a young half with all these established players around him that want to win now.

Anyway not our problem.
Can't remember who said it, but I read somewhere there's a theory the Donks demise started just after Melbourne's cap cheating penalty got handed down. Before this, players would get all myriad of 3rd party deals, top players getting $100k's extra (not all of it exactly kosher), hence fitting more than their fair share under their cap. But then Brisbane managment got spooked by the shitstorm handed to Melbourne and tightened right up on it, meaning the top players couldn't get the earnings they wanted.

Don't know how true it all is, but its an interesting theory. Certainly more than the Dib n Des crapfest the Dogs have been through.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Anyway not our problem.
They should sign Adam Reynolds and partner him with Dearden.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Can't remember who said it, but I read somewhere there's a theory the Donks demise started just after Melbourne's cap cheating penalty got handed down. Before this, players would get all myriad of 3rd party deals, top players getting $100k's extra (not all of it exactly kosher), hence fitting more than their fair share under their cap. But then Brisbane managment got spooked by the shitstorm handed to Melbourne and tightened right up on it, meaning the top players couldn't get the earnings they wanted.

Don't know how true it all is, but its an interesting theory. Certainly more than the Dib n Des crapfest the Dogs have been through.
Their was a wealthy organisation of people called the "thoroughbreds" that use to be behind the scenes looking after things at the Donkey's. Not sure if there still around or long gone.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inu, should have played in the grand final.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully for a suitable price we still get this kid, could be a ripper.