Brendan Piakura consolidated thread

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Their was a wealthy organisation of people called the "thoroughbreds" that use to be behind the scenes looking after things at the Donkey's. Not sure if there still around or long gone.
In September 2019 i got some info from an ex staff member who worked at their leagues club. The Thorougbreds were well and truly alive at that point.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
In September 2019 i got some info from an ex staff member who worked at their leagues club. The Thorougbreds were well and truly alive at that point.
They must have found new blood, cause the original ones have long since pulled their money.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Huge W we did not sign this bloke. Just another one of those potential signings. Has he even played first grade yet? Ponies are paying him 1.2 mil for 4 years to sit in reserves and get injuries.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Huge W we did not sign this bloke. Just another one of those potential signings. Has he even played first grade yet? Ponies are paying him 1.2 mil for 4 years to sit in reserves and get injuries.
He was suspended to start the year. You have to pay on potential to sign/keep these types of players.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He was suspended to start the year. You have to pay on potential to sign/keep these types of players.
Eh, i watched the north devils cup games alot last year during the finals and he didn’t do much at all. Still glad we didn’t pay that amount of coin.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Eh, i watched the north devils cup games alot last year during the finals and he didn’t do much at all. Still glad we didn’t pay that amount of coin.
I've only seen his highlight package and a couple small stints off the bench in the NRL. I'm looking forward to see how he goes but they don't always turn out how we think they will.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We made the Broncs pay overs, even based on his big potential, but it's way to early to write him off. It's more a reflection of dumb cap management by the Broncs than on the player that he's not playing firsts. TBH, I'd rather risk a couple of hundred G's on a young player with huge potential than Allen or Flanagan. Thankfully we now have Gus so those errors for us will be much rarer.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We made the Broncs pay overs, even based on his big potential, but it's way to early to write him off. It's more a reflection of dumb cap management by the Broncs than on the player that he's not playing firsts. TBH, I'd rather risk a couple of hundred G's on a young player with huge potential than Allen or Flanagan. Thankfully we now have Gus so those errors for us will be much rarer.
Imagine keeping pikachu and loosing Reece Walsh and Sam walker :p

Only compounding the issue. Anyways even if this guy turns into a dud I’m sure there will be another superstar in the wings coming through soon.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to know how we got young Hayward away from the Roosters if his going to be a superstar

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I want to know how we got young Hayward away from the Roosters if his going to be a superstar
He’s from the area anyway I’m pretty sure. His brother played for st George, the one Reynolds played for.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine keeping pikachu and loosing Reece Walsh and Sam walker :p

Only compounding the issue. Anyways even if this guy turns into a dud I’m sure there will be another superstar in the wings coming through soon.
I agree and unfortunately I don't have to Imagine. Throwing Ennis and Cook away to keep Lichaa (the beginning of the end) is forever trapped in my head.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Sam Walker the touch footballer ? He's rubbish.
Yeah if we get our finger out and get BBO into the 7 soon he can almost be an option for QLD instead of walker if he goes really well

Imagine having burton and BBO both origin halfs its possible cant believe some people cant see it

Obviously its a big IF but its possible BBO is making a name for himself now if he takes on 7 full time and goes well you bet Thurston will add him to the sqaud and he will grow more, even if its just back up for this year to dick cherry

Glad gus is here gus knows what to do and is more close to slater and Thurston than ever at ch9 all he has to do is say it to them to pick him

I think the next best young halfs qld have atm would be only sexton ?

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think everyone will agree even if Piamura turns out to be a gun…that $1.2mill spared MUST ALL GOTO BURTON. We have to upgrade him and keep him 10000%