Brendan Piakura consolidated thread

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Idiot has scored a try in each of the last 2 games. He has competitive mongrel and if he keeps that intensity up this year I’ll be happy. Waddy is a baz favourite. What can I say?
He’s scored 2 and let in 3
What’s your point
He’s shiet and always will be

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do people care if he's looking around?

Fuck. We're all on here whinging that Penrith won't let Burton leave early, but then complain that a player is ... looking to leave early?

Make sense much?
Agreed i don't care fair play to shop buyer's job to beware, my question is.. do we sign him ?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Matterson contract expires at the end of 2021. He has every right to field offers and find the best deal for him self. I don’t know why everyone is kicking into to the guy. The Eels are yet to put a offer to him beyond his current contract.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I remember seeing Malla post some news and it was right. Let’s hope he’s on the money with Piakura.

I’d rather him and big $ at staggs and a hooker than matterson (good player) just prefer someone like staggs to help us Fucking winn

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
L

Only 2 years.? I’m sure he has planned this to see what offers he gets when the queensland team comes into the comp in 2023
Better put him straight into first grade then...no point in saving him for Brissy No.2 team :grinning:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this kid up to the hype; or is it all bluster from a greedy agent? How many of these "superstars" in lower grades actually turn out to be what they promised when they hit the big time?

Happy to take him on, but not on big dollars.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is this kid up to the hype; or is it all bluster from a greedy agent? How many of these "superstars" in lower grades actually turn out to be what they promised when they hit the big time?

Happy to take him on, but not on big dollars.
The Bloke in a bar (or whateva his site is.. a Broncs fan) is just beside himself over him :grinning: he has a long highlights package 2019 but the video won't open on here.

He looks the goods and in the comments section a few say he has signed with us....probably guys from TK :grinning:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kid is only 18 not sure when he turns 19.Saw a figure of 250k a season for 2 years mentioned do not know if thats accurate.

Highlights look good, there from 2019 though.

Malla said he had signed then sailed off into the night one or two others said he had signed too, TBC at this stage

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You sure piakura is a forward?

Seems like he plays a centre role, reminds me abit of a mini suaalli type of player.

Dogs have billion forwards already waiting to play nrl, PIAKURA look like he hasnt got big mass on him

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he has signed why has the club not announced it yet?
1. Because they are finalising paperwork
2. Because we are playing Brisbane
3. Because we are still pushing for Burton and it could affect that
4. Because you sound like a little child with that statement

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do people care if he's looking around?

Fuck. We're all on here whinging that Penrith won't let Burton leave early, but then complain that a player is ... looking to leave early?

Make sense much?
Don't know he actually has a player option so he entitled to look around if he wants. Clubs are sometimes desperate these and agree to everything and then whinge.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure he broke it with the Roosters also.

Edit: maybe not.
He was bought from roosters legit, an started agitating for a Balmain release when he went beyond his 300 deal.
I spoke to him back in 2019 at Rydalmere f45 and told him to take the eels cash and he even said ‘you get it’ and we made dollar rain hand gestures to each other before the set started. He’s good. Him and niukara are the homies. Ryan was born in green acre so in my books that makes him Lebanese

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
L

Only 2 years.? I’m sure he has planned this to see what offers he gets when the queensland team comes into the comp in 2023
Burton's only signed for 2 years, 3rd a PO.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was bought from roosters legit, an started agitating for a Balmain release when he went beyond his 300 deal.
I spoke to him back in 2019 at Rydalmere f45 and told him to take the eels cash and he even said ‘you get it’ and we made dollar rain hand gestures to each other before the set started. He’s good. Him and niukara are the homies. Ryan was born in green acre so in my books that makes him Lebanese
lollll love it