Brendan Piakura consolidated thread

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Should never of re-signed idiot or Jackson and god knows why we have Stimson and waddel on board when we have doorey and topine on deck???
Idiot has scored a try in each of the last 2 games. He has competitive mongrel and if he keeps that intensity up this year I’ll be happy. Waddy is a baz favourite. What can I say?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about calling him by his surname fuck ya's it's Elliott and he is going along just fine for us.

Like the idea and about time some more hopefully not just bullshit speculation has surfaced about this guy..I agree sign him up but also don't think 250k a yr will do it or come close...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Idiot has scored a try in each of the last 2 games. He has competitive mongrel and if he keeps that intensity up this year I’ll be happy. Waddy is a baz favourite. What can I say?
I don't like Elliott but he's hands down our best forward right now..can actually run a line, break tackles and pop an offload.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't like Elliott but he's hands down our best forward right now..can actually run a line, break tackles and pop an offload.
I'm not a fan either, but credit where credit is due.. he is our best atm..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I doubt they would all be starting next season anyway.
Agree, more of a long term look. I am starting to worry about when we are going to use Topine and Doorey though. Way better than some of the shit we have in our pack atm

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope we sign both this kid and Ryan Matterson, get some weight back on RFM and push him to prop. This is a better option until we can get someone like James Fisher-Harris hopefully in 2023.

There aren't any decent props off contract until 2023 and we'll have another 800K to spend in 2023 when DWZ is off contract on top of the millions freed up by shedding players at the end of this season.

Yes I read recently that DWZ is on 800K next year FAAAARK !!! Thought we weren't doing backended deals any longer.

For those who don't like Matterson saying he is just money hungry, I read an article earlier today saying he was hoping to extend at the Eels but they haven't made him an offer to extend beyond next year. He only has an option for next year in his favour at the moment and he wants something longer term apparently. Eels have a system in place where they won't extend him yet it said.

We need all the strike power we can get and Matterson would add some size to our pack - which we need also.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope we sign both this kid and Ryan Matterson, get some weight back on RFM and push him to prop. This is a better option until we can get someone like James Fisher-Harris hopefully in 2023.

There aren't any decent props off contract until 2023 and we'll have another 800K to spend in 2023 when DWZ is off contract on top of the millions freed up by shedding players at the end of this season.

Yes I read recently that DWZ is on 800K next year FAAAARK !!! Thought we weren't doing backended deals any longer.

For those who don't like Matterson saying he is just money hungry, I read an article earlier today saying he was hoping to extend at ther Eels but they haven't made him an offer to extend beyond next year. He only has an option for next year in his favour at the moment and he wants something longer term apparently. Eels have a system in place where they won't extend him yet it said.

We need all the strike power we can get.
Yeah got told similar things by a family member of Matterson. Eels are being stubborn as he wants a longer term deal. We have made an offer to him but he's trying to extend with eels before he looks elsewhere

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about calling him by his surname fuck ya's it's Elliott and he is going along just fine for us.

Like the idea and about time some more hopefully not just bullshit speculation has surfaced about this guy..I agree sign him up but also don't think 250k a yr will do it or come close...
Damn straight.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Should never of re-signed idiot or Jackson and god knows why we have Stimson and waddel on board when we have doorey and topine on deck???
We needed some experience while those guys (Doorey etc) come through. End of this yeah likely Napa, Britt, C. Smith go, possibly Ogden if he doesn’t get it together. Jacko maybe could’ve been 2 years not 3.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What’s the fuss with this Brendan Piakura?
Can’t find any highlights on him. Is there any? Please post.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watched the 2019 PBC v Marsden.
I think he took two hit ups and made 2 tackles in the whole game. What am I missing?

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is a wonderful story and my Kuki bros have also noted this Cook Island prodigy would be a great leader of new polynesians coming up to lead their home lands.. Hoping smart investors can tap into building these 2nd tier nations to being competitive long term. Tonga and Samoa's rise along with Fiji would be a great reason to have Bi annual tours. Raise local heroes and imports to build untapped potential..
Let's go Dogs sign the young fella.
Tap into cook island talent..