Brendan Piakura consolidated thread

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If broncos keep Brendan then surely we go all out for Jordan riki
They can’t keep tp jnr, riki, haas, Flegler, carrigan, and Brendan on big cash
Agree id love to have Jordan Riki.
Actually got Riki in my Fantasy team after watching his efforts in the All Star game. Hopefully a break out year for the kid.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Actually got Riki in my Fantasy team after watching his efforts in the All Star game. Hopefully a break out year for the kid.
Same. Though back to back spoons be nice too see for the ponies lol. Wont complain if manly take it either.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Welcome to QLD where we getting Bronco's shoved down our throats incessantly. Can't wait for a new team to be announced in Brisbane. A lot of Bronco's fans hate the idea. I'm going to welcome the competition in this market.
Gotta make extra sure they're not the poor cousins tho...like what happened in the past with the 2nd Brisbane team...although, to counter that, back in those days Broncs had a superstar team.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just not against the bulldogs lol
Either one of the two would be a real asset

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gotta make extra sure they're not the poor cousins tho...like what happened in the past with the 2nd Brisbane team...although, to counter that, back in those days Broncs had a superstar team.
you talking about the crushers?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just not against the bulldogs lol
Either one of the two would be a real asset

Topine and Doorey look likely and Elliot looks like a 10 yr player bar the sacking prospect.. 1 more kid would be good.

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Crazy!! ..recycled story from 2+ weeks ago...Brendan could have walked from Brisbane to Belmore in that time and using our Hyperbaric Chamber

I think they already know the he's extended with the ponies but setting us up for future clickbait headlines 'rejected the Bulldogs for Broncos'

I hope I'm wrong because the young man plays beyond his years and is a solid future talent that would look better in a lineup of blue & white.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this thread died was the rumour utter bullshit or what??

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Embattled Brisbane are under siege with boom forward Brendan Piakura the latest young gun considering quitting the Broncos and following whizkid Reece Walsh out of Red Hill.

News Corp can reveal the Bulldogs have upped the ante in the tug-of-war for Piakura, tabling a deal that threatens to blow Brisbane out of the water — just as the Warriors did with their successful $1 million raid on Walsh.

The off-contract Australian Schoolboys star is on the verge of finalising his future and if the decisive factor is about money, Piakura will join the Bulldogs next season.

The Broncos are desperate to retain the damaging back-rower but simply cannot compete in a bidding war with the Bulldogs, who believe they are front-runners to steal Piakura amid interest from the Titans.

The Titans have also tabled an offer for the Gold Coast product but Canterbury’s deal is the most attractive.

Brendan Piakura is the latest young gun considering quitting the Broncos. Picture: Robb Cox/NRL Photos

Brendan Piakura is the latest young gun considering quitting the Broncos. Picture: Robb Cox/NRL Photos

The Broncos are reeling from the Warriors’ ambush on Walsh and they can ill-afford to lose another budding NRL star from their Elite Player Development program.

Within hours of the Warriors trumpeting the signing of fullback sensation Walsh on a three-year deal worth as much as $450,000 a season, the Broncos held urgent talks with Piakura’s management to thrash out an extension.

The rangy Piakura has represented the Queensland under-18s and former Brisbane skipper Corey Parker says it would be a crippling blow if the explosive back-rower defected to Belmore.

“I’ve watched Brendan for some time and he is outstanding,” said 347-game Broncos legend Parker.

Palm Beach Currumbin rugby league player Brendan Piakura. Picture: Jerad Williams

Palm Beach Currumbin rugby league player Brendan Piakura. Picture: Jerad Williams

Piakura wears head-gear and is a devastating back-row package on the left edge.

The hulking Brisbane rookie is not only mobile for a 100kg-plus forward but runs superb lines and has the same defensive aggression that propelled former Bronco Jaydn Su’A into the Queensland Origin team last season.

Parker said Piakura had the talent and desire to graduate from Queensland’s junior representative teams to the senior Maroons in the Origin arena.

“Brendan has all the skills,” he said.

“Piakura is a different style of back-rower to David Fifita (ex-Bronco who defected to the Titans this season) ... he is a damaging ball-runner but I also like the fact he has mongrel in defence.

“He is a quietly-spoken sort of kid but he has a great attitude, I’m not surprised clubs are lining up to sign him.”

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow I didn't know he was aggressive in defence. We desperately need someone like that

If we land him our left edge could consist of Burton, Piakura, Staggs and JAC...yes please. That would have to be one of the most lethal left edges in the comp.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So are they saying David fafitia isn’t aggressive in defense?

And this kid is both aggressive in attack and defense?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So are they saying David fafitia isn’t aggressive in defense?

And this kid is both aggressive in attack and defense?
It looks like Piakura likes running out of the line and putting shots on.