Social Media Brandon Smith

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That doesnt make any sense. So he's happy being the 2nd string hooker (behind Grant) but not 3rd (behind Grant and C.Smith)

I thought I read somewhere that if he wasn't the 9 next year he would be requesting a release. That makes much more sense because regardless of what happens to Cam Smith, Grant will be the 9 next year
He probably thinks hes got a good chance. Grant is miles ahead in my eyes

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That doesnt make any sense. So he's happy being the 2nd string hooker (behind Grant) but not 3rd (behind Grant and C.Smith)

I thought I read somewhere that if he wasn't the 9 next year he would be requesting a release. That makes much more sense because regardless of what happens to Cam Smith, Grant will be the 9 next year
I think maybe they have an agreement in place that he will be released if Cam smith plays on... getting a release if he retires may not have been agreed but could still be requested.

I think his service from DH would improve if he was playing DH regularly.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Must be willing to back his own ability to secure the nine. I’m not sure.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck no to Hetherington. We don't need him anyway. I'd rather play Ogden and Renouf than Hetherington. Especially after that shocking tackle on Taupau. The guy is a penalty/suspension machine and just a dumb footballer. We have enough of those already.
Anyone who is concerned about re-signing Foran because he is likely to miss games should be against signing Hetherington. The way he plays it's like his sole objective is to break the NRL record for longest suspension.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone who is concerned about re-signing Foran because he is likely to miss games should be against signing Hetherington. The way he plays it's like his sole objective is to break the NRL record for longest suspension.
He has the DWZ/Thompson effect, runs hard and fast but in reality adds very little value. We need to be aiming WAY higher with our signings...no more squad type signings.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Today on news.com.au

NRL 2020: Brandon Smith gives Melbourne Storm ultimatum over Cameron Smith future
A Melbourne Storm star has hit the club with an ultimatum, threatening to quit if a major Cameron Smith call doesn’t go his way.

James Matthey
@jamesmatthey

2 comments
AUGUST 21, 20207:56AM

Melbourne’s second-choice hooker Brandon Smith has reportedly told the Storm he will request a release if Cameron Smith plays on next year.
Cameron, 37, is yet to make a decision on his future beyond the end of this season and the Sydney Morning Herald reports Brandon will seek opportunities elsewhere if the veteran rolls around again.
Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
According to the publication, Brandon’s agent has written to the club explaining his client will leave despite being contracted until the end of 2022.
Brandon is the New Zealand Test hooker but has been stuck behind Cameron at the Storm, resigned to mainly coming off the bench or playing as a loose forward in the back row.
He has been the starting rake in recent weeks because Cameron has been out with injury and he’s not prepared to play second fiddle next year if the Storm skipper doesn’t want to retire or move clubs.
Most expected Cameron to have made a decision by now but he has yet to announce anything.
Making the situation even more complicated is Melbourne’s other gun hooker Harry Grant, on loan at the Wests Tigers in 2020, will return to Victoria next year. Even if Cameron goes, many pundits have predicted Grant could in fact be the club’s first-choice No. 9 after a run of stellar performances this year before recently being cut down by injury.
Brandon will reportedly back himself if he has to fight it out with Grant for the starting dummy-half role but won’t stick around if Cameron continues in Melbourne.

There’s speculation Cameron may finish his career with the Broncos in his home state of Queensland, while this week the Titans have also emerged as a shock player to potentially secure the former Queensland and Kangaroos captain’s signature.

There’s only room for one Smith in Melbourne.

There’s only room for one Smith in Melbourne.Source:AAP
But if he plays another season in Melbourne, then Brandon could find himself on the Bulldogs’ radar.
The Kiwi international is reportedly at the top of incoming Canterbury coach Trent Barrett’s wishlist, as the former NSW Origin star looks to inject some much-needed class into a roster that can’t match it with the rest of the competition.
“There’s some really strong mail out there that the Bulldogs and Trent Barrett are very interested in him (Brandon Smith), and why wouldn’t you be,” Daily Telegraph reporter Dean Ritchie said on the Big Sports Breakfast earlier this week.
“He’s a class dummy-half and hooker.
“I think if Cam Smith goes around next year, don’t be surprised if the Bulldogs have a nibble at Brandon Smith, whether it’s for 2021 or 2022, whenever that may be.
“I know Barrett is a huge fan. They (the Bulldogs) have got some issues at dummy-half. He would be the answer, so it’s a bit of a watch-this-space at the moment.
“But certainly Trent Barrett has got some ideas of where his roster should be and needs to be and he is going to go, I reckon, full bore in the next two to three months to really try and reinvigorate that roster over the next to years.
“And Brandon Smith, as I understand, is at the top of that recruitment list.”

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today on news.com.au

NRL 2020: Brandon Smith gives Melbourne Storm ultimatum over Cameron Smith future
A Melbourne Storm star has hit the club with an ultimatum, threatening to quit if a major Cameron Smith call doesn’t go his way.

James Matthey
@jamesmatthey

2 comments
AUGUST 21, 20207:56AM

Melbourne’s second-choice hooker Brandon Smith has reportedly told the Storm he will request a release if Cameron Smith plays on next year.
Cameron, 37, is yet to make a decision on his future beyond the end of this season and the Sydney Morning Heraldreports Brandon will seek opportunities elsewhere if the veteran rolls around again.
Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
According to the publication, Brandon’s agent has written to the club explaining his client will leave despite being contracted until the end of 2022.
Brandon is the New Zealand Test hooker but has been stuck behind Cameron at the Storm, resigned to mainly coming off the bench or playing as a loose forward in the back row.
He has been the starting rake in recent weeks because Cameron has been out with injury and he’s not prepared to play second fiddle next year if the Storm skipper doesn’t want to retire or move clubs.
Most expected Cameron to have made a decision by now but he has yet to announce anything.
Making the situation even more complicated is Melbourne’s other gun hooker Harry Grant, on loan at the Wests Tigers in 2020, will return to Victoria next year. Even if Cameron goes, many pundits have predicted Grant could in fact be the club’s first-choice No. 9 after a run of stellar performances this year before recently being cut down by injury.
Brandon will reportedly back himself if he has to fight it out with Grant for the starting dummy-half role but won’t stick around if Cameron continues in Melbourne.

There’s speculation Cameron may finish his career with the Broncos in his home state of Queensland, while this week the Titans have also emerged as a shock player to potentially secure the former Queensland and Kangaroos captain’s signature.

There’s only room for one Smith in Melbourne.

There’s only room for one Smith in Melbourne.Source:AAP
But if he plays another season in Melbourne, then Brandon could find himself on the Bulldogs’ radar.
The Kiwi international is reportedly at the top of incoming Canterbury coach Trent Barrett’s wishlist, as the former NSW Origin star looks to inject some much-needed class into a roster that can’t match it with the rest of the competition.
“There’s some really strong mail out there that the Bulldogs and Trent Barrett are very interested in him (Brandon Smith), and why wouldn’t you be,” Daily Telegraph reporter Dean Ritchie said on the Big Sports Breakfast earlier this week.
“He’s a class dummy-half and hooker.
“I think if Cam Smith goes around next year, don’t be surprised if the Bulldogs have a nibble at Brandon Smith, whether it’s for 2021 or 2022, whenever that may be.
“I know Barrett is a huge fan. They (the Bulldogs) have got some issues at dummy-half. He would be the answer, so it’s a bit of a watch-this-space at the moment.
“But certainly Trent Barrett has got some ideas of where his roster should be and needs to be and he is going to go, I reckon, full bore in the next two to three months to really try and reinvigorate that roster over the next to years.
“And Brandon Smith, as I understand, is at the top of that recruitment list.”

I like the kid's attitude but not his chances - there is no way in hell he will get the 9 jersey ahead of Grant. Hopefully his manager or someone else close to him sits him down and spells it out for him.

If the Storm lose Bellamy and Smith, surely they're not the powerhouse they once were. May as well come over to the Bulldogs son

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon c smith will go to broncos ,and storm will string b smith along and he will stay then h grant will get the starting gig

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cam Smith to retire. Things are about to get spicy. Grant back to Storm. Brandon Smith to ?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cam Smith to retire. Things are about to get spicy. Grant back to Storm. Brandon Smith to ?
Bellayache will just pretend no one is guaranteed 9 at this stage but guaranteed grant will get it

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If I was the Storm, with Welch most likely moving on, I'd be moving Finucane to prop and I'd try and keep Brandon Smith to play lock. It's just going to come down to whether Brandon HAS to play hooker or not, it's up to him I guess. Also we (as well as other clubs) can offer significantly more money.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If I was the Storm, with Welch most likely moving on, I'd be moving Finucane to prop and I'd try and keep Brandon Smith to play lock. It's just going to come down to whether Brandon HAS to play hooker or not, it's up to him I guess. Also we (as well as other clubs) can offer significantly more money.
Right now the cash is in being a hooker so he will want that.
There be opportunity in the backrow, easiest place fior a player to break into grade, but he beyond that

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Welch has re-signed with Storm. I believe B.Smith's future may very well be in the back row.
Grant will slide into 9.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Hope Welch stays with storm. We need a wrecking ball. Welch will be a Tolman for us, we need JFH or JWH.
We have big dogs in juniors they need some better training the farken ***** at our club are farked

Devontai S stands at napas height probably 109kg 112kg i reckon
Just a beast of a player

Daniel S his neck is gigantic
Mosese P bit young still the biggest

Couple others also forgot who

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
The only forwards we should welcome right now to this club if available would be

Taumalolo
Hass
NAS
Big J Mailata

The rest can fark off there all shit stick with our juniora

that's fkn it haha

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like Welch has re-signed with Storm. I believe B.Smith's future may very well be in the back row.
Grant will slide into 9.
Maybe... will be interesting to see if NZ keep picking him at 9 if he’s playing back row in club footy.