Social Media Brandon Smith

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the pressure is now on cam smith, sign again with storm, and they face losing brandon smith or harry grant
or leave the storm, either retire or sign elsewhere
cam smith loves having all the power

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
the pressure is now on cam smith, sign again with storm, and they face losing brandon smith or harry grant
or leave the storm, either retire or sign elsewhere
cam smith loves having all the power
I dont see how it matters if cam retires as even if he does storm will want grant at 9

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine 15 years ago and we were competing for a signature with the tigers and the titans........... we need to be back on top again
Sad isn't it. Looks like were going to be competing with them all year for the good players.

The advantage we have is Baz who is a better tactical coach than McGuire and Hollbrook. Elliot mentioned that Baz had dissected his game and convinced him he could help improve his game. Baz would be MUCH better at this than Holbrook and McGuire - espeically for the spine players.

The Tigers aren't that appealing to me as a club so I don't consider them real competition when it comes to Smith or Staines

The Titans are more serious because of the coach, Fifita and the Queensland lifestyle. If they sign C. Smith then its almost guaranteed we'll get B.Smith

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Imagine 15 years ago and we were competing for a signature with the tigers and the titans........... we need to be back on top again

15 years ago the Tiger's won the premiership and Titans were not in it LOL...

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HECTIC CHEESE ON THE BULLDOGS’ RADAR

THE Bulldogs have been linked to almost every player on the open market but the smart money says the club’s hit list under incoming coach Trent Barrett will be taking a long-term view point rather than a short-term quick fix.

Three players definitely on the Bulldogs radar are Penrith pair Matt Burton and Jack Hetherington and Kiwi Test hooker Brandon Smith.

All three are delicate scenarios given two are Penrith players where Barrett is currently working as an assistant coach and the other is a Kiwi Test hooker who is signed at the Melbourne Storm until the end of 2022.

The Bulldogs had identified Burton and Hetherington as targets long before Barrett signed at Belmore.

Smith is monitoring the Storm situation in terms of what happens around Cameron Smith and Harry Grant.
Source James Hooper foxsports

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
HECTIC CHEESE ON THE BULLDOGS’ RADAR

THE Bulldogs have been linked to almost every player on the open market but the smart money says the club’s hit list under incoming coach Trent Barrett will be taking a long-term view point rather than a short-term quick fix.

Three players definitely on the Bulldogs radar are Penrith pair Matt Burton and Jack Hetherington and Kiwi Test hooker Brandon Smith.

All three are delicate scenarios given two are Penrith players where Barrett is currently working as an assistant coach and the other is a Kiwi Test hooker who is signed at the Melbourne Storm until the end of 2022.

The Bulldogs had identified Burton and Hetherington as targets long before Barrett signed at Belmore.

Smith is monitoring the Storm situation in terms of what happens around Cameron Smith and Harry Grant.
Source James Hooper foxsports
His mail is normally accurate

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck no to Hetherington. We don't need him anyway. I'd rather play Ogden and Renouf than Hetherington. Especially after that shocking tackle on Taupau. The guy is a penalty/suspension machine and just a dumb footballer. We have enough of those already.

If we somehow signed Burton and Smith it would be a massive coup for the club and set us up for years. I won't get my hopes up as Hooper is the source but hopefully there's some truth to it.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
So pre game just said that his manager has told the Storm if he’s not hooker next year he wants out. Nothing we didn’t already know but first public admission. Won’t be at the Storm then so get it done Dogs.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching Brandon Smith play Hooker tonight and at various times during this season. I am not convinced he is a natural Hooker . His service from dummy half isn’t that great. Sure he is an upgrade on what we have and I rate him as a player but I feel he offers way more at number 13.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Watching Brandon Smith play Hooker tonight and at various times during this season. I am not convinced he is a natural Hooker . His service from dummy half isn’t that great. Sure he is an upgrade on what we have and I rate him as a player but I feel he offers way more at number 13.
A few wayward passes tonight for sure.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently Smith has told Storm, if Cameron plays on he’s out. He’s happy to stay and fight it out with Grant for the hooker role.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Apparently Smith has told Storm, if Cameron plays on he’s out. He’s happy to stay and fight it out with Grant for the hooker role.
I don't like his chances as hooker up against Harry's crisp dh passing and guile.

Brandon seemed a bit rusty with his passes. A few were wayward, or pedestrian, similar to what we have now and didn't draw defenders.

Be good to see a bit more from him as a dummy half for us, cos we don't have a big pack like Storm at least.

Prefer Harry but.... BSmith would def be an improvement for us. Probably no chance with either but you don't ask: you don't get :grinning:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That doesnt make any sense. So he's happy being the 2nd string hooker (behind Grant) but not 3rd (behind Grant and C.Smith)

I thought I read somewhere that if he wasn't the 9 next year he would be requesting a release. That makes much more sense because regardless of what happens to Cam Smith, Grant will be the 9 next year

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Getting close to 300 posts about a contracted player now. The wishful thinking gets a bit tiresome. I wouldn't mind if we managed to get him. But if he doesn't have good reason to leave the Storm, they're likely to hold onto him and the critics of the board are just likely to use this as ammo to spew hatred against the club for not getting a player that's out of reach.