Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree dietz and jmk are not the future and they should say there goodbyes at end of season.
Next year we start fresh with a new spine, I can’t handle more of the same dished up
It’s becoming a bit like Groundhog Day.I can see JMK and Katoa in the 17 in round 14.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Smith wants to take the easy road, and not join a battling club with a chance he may regress.
Maybe he should back himself and make a name for himself and come to the dogs where he will own it.
Jmk has a crisp passing game and tackles all day, I have rarely seen him miss a tackle.
Dietz has a good running game, but needs time and some confidence.
We would be better off with someone like hodgson, if cheese chooses easy street.
Adds experience, mongrel and leadership.
If the storm are playing hardball and want someone like thommo or avo, we'll I would tell them to stick it, and keep your salty cheese

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Smith wants to take the easy road, and not join a battling club with a chance he may regress.
Maybe he should back himself and make a name for himself and come to the dogs where he will own it.
Jmk has a crisp passing game and tackles all day, I have rarely seen him miss a tackle.
We would be better off with someone like hodgson, if cheese chooses easy street.
If the storm are playing hardball and want someone like thommo or avo, we'll I would tell them to stick it, and keep your salty cheese
JMK is a good defender and has decent speed but I just feel that he lacks the instinct required to be a top hooker. For example, sensing when there is an overlap and going that way, isolating defenders, identifying a tired/ lazy marker and then running etc

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Cheese is getting a new boat delivered sometime soon to help his decision to stay in Melb?

Surely you take the coin on offer in a team with job security knowing your mate in JAC will also be there?

I mean he can sign on for 800k per season for 3-4yrs guaranteed now, or risk waiting for the magical unicorn Brisbane team to offer him similar only if he gets through this season and some of next injury free... if he gets an ACL or Achilles injury between drinks, the new Brisbane team will be offering sweet FA...

Bulldogs deal makes a lot more sense, it’s his ticket to certainty and the team will also be far more competitive then it is this year.

Last edited:

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In reality with the way the game is being played ATM you need a hooker who is a genuine hooker not a lock that want to play hooker. Same as a genuine fullback and not a winger that wants to play fullback.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine needs to run the ball more .
Totally need a running 6,7 and 9.
Dogs of bore

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
STORM

Smith confirmed to stay at Storm and Bellamy expected to remain coach

Author
Todd Balym

Fri 28 May 2021, 05:01 PM

Brandon Smith has shut the door on any potential early release from Melbourne next year declaring he will be a Storm player and expects Craig Bellamy to be coaching the club in 2022.

While Smith had been linked with a move to Canterbury, Gold Coast or even Brisbane next season as he battles with Queensland hooker Harry Grant for the Storm No.9 jersey permanently, the 24-year-old Kiwi Test star said he was committed to seeing out the final year of his deal in Melbourne and he would not seek an early release.

The Storm had put a hefty price on Smith’s early exit, wanting any potential suitors to supply Melbourne with a rep player of similar value to allow him to leave next season.

But Smith is fully content playing another year “sharing” the job with good mate Grant.

“I will be at the Melbourne Storm next year 100 per cent,” Smith said.

“I can’t leave that contract and I’ve spoken to Frank (football boss Frank Ponissi) about it and my contract is solid for next year.

“I will be here next year so that’s my future.

“If [any club is] going to make an enquiry it’s for 2023.”

Bellamy has remained coy about his future plans, but Smith said he was confident the master coach would go another season in charge of the Storm.

“Yeah I think he will be [Storm coach next year], I don’t know if he will be but I think he will be,” Smith said.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn’t think he’d be coming .. oh well SJ it is .!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
STORM

Smith confirmed to stay at Storm and Bellamy expected to remain coach

Author
Todd Balym

Fri 28 May 2021, 05:01 PM

Brandon Smith has shut the door on any potential early release from Melbourne next year declaring he will be a Storm player and expects Craig Bellamy to be coaching the club in 2022.

While Smith had been linked with a move to Canterbury, Gold Coast or even Brisbane next season as he battles with Queensland hooker Harry Grant for the Storm No.9 jersey permanently, the 24-year-old Kiwi Test star said he was committed to seeing out the final year of his deal in Melbourne and he would not seek an early release.

The Storm had put a hefty price on Smith’s early exit, wanting any potential suitors to supply Melbourne with a rep player of similar value to allow him to leave next season.

But Smith is fully content playing another year “sharing” the job with good mate Grant.

“I will be at the Melbourne Storm next year 100 per cent,” Smith said.

“I can’t leave that contract and I’ve spoken to Frank (football boss Frank Ponissi) about it and my contract is solid for next year.

“I will be here next year so that’s my future.

“If [any club is] going to make an enquiry it’s for 2023.”

Bellamy has remained coy about his future plans, but Smith said he was confident the master coach would go another season in charge of the Storm.

“Yeah I think he will be [Storm coach next year], I don’t know if he will be but I think he will be,” Smith said.
That's a week old bro

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would say true to TB’s word, he’s not going to be spending money on just anyone, since the B Smith ship appears to have sailed, perhaps TB will focus on other areas of the team, specifically bigger mobile bodies or a FB or experienced partner to help out Burton and wait until the next contract window opens for a hooker.

I like what Topine brings at nine, his passes off the ground are crisp and improving weekly, he has the desire to compete and make a career bringing a great deal of energy with him.

future is bright despite what people have said on TK.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would say true to TB’s word, he’s not going to be spending money on just anyone, since the B Smith ship appears to have sailed, perhaps TB will focus on other areas of the team, specifically bigger mobile bodies or a FB or experienced partner to help out Burton and wait until the next contract window opens for a hooker.

I like what Topine brings at nine, his passes off the ground are crisp and improving weekly, he has the desire to compete and make a career bringing a great deal of energy with him.

future is bright despite what people have said on TK.
I love what Topine has to offer & he loves the Bulldogs BUT if he plays hooker he will be nicknamed Krillich. Why? Krillich was a hooker for Manly in the 70s & 80s & he was called pie chucker for his service.