Brandon Smith/Harry Grant

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let me see, do I trust your opinion or DWZ's and Stimson's .................. let me think for minute ................. nah, I'll go with their opinion, but thanks for posting.

Go Dogs
you get sand in your vagina the moment anyone mentions how hopeless the board or coach are, whats wrong is the truth hurting

oh and go dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
you get sand in your vagina the moment anyone mentions how hopeless the board or coach are, whats wrong is the truth hurting
No sand in any private parts, thanks. The truth is some just don't want to face up to the truth, so much easier to just blame "The Coach" or "The Board", when most don't even know who is on the Board. The fact is our roster is horrid this year, should be better next year, there are already promising signs, and should be a cracker in 2021. Provided we don't fark it up by making stupid rash decisions with no sound factual basis.

oh and go dogs
For Sure

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1 from 3. We have the most salary cap space out of any club, the 'war chest', going into 2021 and we'll overpay on 1-2 marquee signings. There is no loyalty in the game anymore, I'm confident in saying 99% of players will come for the money, but yes, we have to overpay. If we offer Tom 1.4m the Sea Eagles would have to up his current deal, 900k, to around 1.2m to keep him IMO. It's very simple and we can do this for any player in the game coming off contract. Also do you really think going into 2021 Pay will be our coach? All signs pointing to no.
Yeah but the problem is you are pitching contracts NOW, for the future.

So the following situation occurs:

Player Manager: *to Club Board* So we are certainly interested in talking about specifics and dollar values.
Player: I like the club, I really do, however who will be my head coach if I sign up?
Player Manager: Yes we would like to know the clubs future plans for the coach.
Player: Because if I have the choice of Bellamy, Seibold, Bennett, Robinson... or Pay.... there's no way I'm signing with you guys.
Club Board: *staring blankly out the window as a tear appears in the corner of their eye, their lips quivering* "D..d....don't you want to take part in bringing the madness?.. We don't know what we are doing now, let alone 2020 or 2021".
Player Manager: *concerned look at Player as if they both know their next move*
Player: Well it's been swell looking at the place, but we have a lot to think about on our trip back home.
Player Manager: *as they drive out the driveway* Is this mob serious? Forget them, and I'll tell all fellow player managers about that.

Club Board: *looking glum* ... WHyYYYYYYYYyyyyyYYYyYYyYYy won't anyone sign with us?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but the problem is you are pitching contracts NOW, for the future.
So the following situation occurs:
Player Manager: *to Club Board* So we are certainly interested in talking about specifics and dollar values.
Player: I like the club, I really do, however who will be my head coach if I sign up?
Player Manager: Yes we would like to know the clubs future plans for the coach.
Player: Because if I have the choice of Bellamy, Seibold, Bennett, Robinson... or Pay.... there's no way I'm signing with you guys.
Club Board: *staring blankly out the window as a tear appears in the corner of their eye, their lips quivering* "D..d....don't you want to take part in bringing the madness?.. We don't know what we are doing now, let alone 2020 or 2021".
Player Manager: *concerned look at Player as if they both know their next move*
Player: Well it's been swell looking at the place, but we have a lot to think about on our trip back home.
Player Manager: *as they drive out the driveway* Is this mob serious? Forget them, and I'll tell all fellow player managers about that.

Club Board: *looking glum* ... WHyYYYYYYYYyyyyyYYYyYYyYYy won't anyone sign with us?
What's the alternative;
Bulldogs; Well ....... we don't actually know who the coach will be in 2021. For last year we originally had Hasler on contract but we paid him out. For this year and next year we had Pay on contract, but we paid him out too. We currently have (pick a name) but he's just a fill in because we can't get a decent coach for 2020 due to our current salary cap situation. So we will just move him on at the end of 2020. That will clear the decks for 2021 and although we don't know who it is be assured that we will get a good coach, we just don't know who it will be. Please sign here .......

Manager to Player: If these clowns flick coaches like that imagine what they will do to you as just a player.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back ended contracts are no longer signed off by the NRL.

Go Dogs
We all know these things bud. Its actually only heavy back ended deals to correct u.
We also know the nrl doesnt always follow the rules with alot of situations.
Im certain todd will help manly keep them boys there. Especially if it meant we got them.
Des is the master salary cap manager cause he knows how to cheat the cap better than anyone imo.
What else could of been the plan ?

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yez are being too diplomatic, people dont perform they get the fucking sack....simple.
If there worried about coming to our club and under performing and getting the fucking sack.
Then dont bother coming to canterbury cause we play a high standard week in, week out....
That should be the fucking standard and thats half the problem.
Put a fucking grub like micheal ennis and toovey in there is a far better option even if only for a year.
Simply as id rather 2 people like that helping anderson with the 2021 roster
Than fucking have pay do it......surely

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Joey Manu.

If we wanted a decent squad we couldnt afford someone of B Smith, Turbo and a gun Centre with another 1 mil Forward (Jake T). Just my Opinion. Of course id take Jake also but we could get Smith and Joey Manu for his price, then Turbo on top.

We would need to get lucky and offload Foran (which I think is playing a hell of alot better) and get Jake with his coin, but we just cant seem to get these deals.

Id be interested in seeing what Dylan Brown would be asking also just quietly.
If we had any chance of getting Tom it would be with his brother Jake as a package deal.
Maybe getting their younger brother in Manlys under 20s as well to entice.

But! We need to sign a good coach first and foremost before signing anyone to attract the players.
No one will come to the dogs if they dont know who the coach will be.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yez are being too diplomatic, people dont perform they get the fucking sack....simple.
If there worried about coming to our club and under performing and getting the fucking sack.
Then dont bother coming to canterbury cause we play a high standard week in, week out....
That should be the fucking standard and thats half the problem.
We can't "sack" players, both parties sign the contract and both must abide by the terms of the contract. For sure we can pay them and not play them, but that just wastes salary cap space.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What's the alternative;
Bulldogs; Well ....... we don't actually know who the coach will be in 2021. For last year we originally had Hasler on contract but we paid him out. For this year and next year we had Pay on contract, but we paid him out too. We currently have (pick a name) but he's just a fill in because we can't get a decent coach for 2020 due to our current salary cap situation. So we will just move him on at the end of 2020. That will clear the decks for 2021 and although we don't know who it is be assured that we will get a good coach, we just don't know who it will be. Please sign here .......

Manager to Player: If these clowns flick coaches like that imagine what they will do to you as just a player.

Go Dogs
You are missing the point.. by persisting with the current coach players know what they are in for. More spoonage from a coach who is absolutely clueless and on the nose with players. What player in their right mind would enter that situation??

Indecision will turn players away. Either say "yep we are sticking with Pay till 2021", or "No, we will be looking at another coach before then. We are currently looking at coaching options for 2020 and beyond".

By refusing to give an answer just pisses off player managers and players.

It WILL cost us signatures.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No sand in any private parts, thanks. The truth is some just don't want to face up to the truth, so much easier to just blame "The Coach" or "The Board", when most don't even know who is on the Board. The fact is our roster is horrid this year, should be better next year, there are already promising signs, and should be a cracker in 2021. Provided we don't fark it up by making stupid rash decisions with no sound factual basis.

For Sure
Why are you so ashamed to spell out; Vagina, Twat, Pussy, Meat Flap, Crumpet, Moose Knuckle, Pastrami Flaps, Flange, Muff, Clout, Snatch, Prison Purse??

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we went all in for Tom, Jake and Smith I think our squad would look something like this. The halves looks like the biggest issue so we'd have to move on Hopoate, Tolman and maybe Jackson (most people, especially on the kennel, want to do this anyways) to buy a Halfback to play alongside Foran and fill the rest of the positions with young players with potential. Townsend (smokey for origin btw) could be a solid option allowing Sharks to keep Flanagan (if he hasn't left already), but due to his age would be a short term option, 2-3 years, which I don't mind since there aren't many halfbacks on the market. The spine could be something like Tom, Foran, Townsend, Smith. We also need a goal kicker and Townsend ticks that box.

1. T. Trbojevic 1.4M
2. Okunbor 200K
3. R. Smith 300K
4. Hopoate 400K
5. Watene-Zelezniak 500K
6. Lewis 200K
7. Foran 500K
8. Tolman 400K
9. B. Smith 700K
10. Napa 700K
11. Harawira-Naera 400K
12. Jackson 500K
13. J. Trbojevic 1.1M

14. Marshall-King 200k
15. Ogden 200K
16. Elliott 300K
17. Stimson 200K

1-17 8.3M salary cap
18-30 1.3M salary cap

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why are you so ashamed to spell out; Vagina, Twat, Pussy, Meat Flap, Crumpet, Moose Knuckle, Pastrami Flaps, Flange, Muff, Clout, Snatch, Prison Purse??
You left out camel toe ;)

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You are missing the point.. by persisting with the current coach players know what they are in for. More spoonage from a coach who is absolutely clueless and on the nose with players. What player in their right mind would enter that situation??
Indecision will turn players away. Either say "yep we are sticking with Pay till 2021", or "No, we will be looking at another coach before then. We are currently looking at coaching options for 2020 and beyond".
By refusing to give an answer just pisses off player managers and players.
It WILL cost us signatures.
Who "the current coach" is didn't piss off Stimson or DWZ, that's a fact, it actually happened, it didn't cost us signatures. Whereas you are simply guessing that it maybe just might piss off some unknown player at some undetermined time in the future. You're speculating, crystal ball gazing, whilst I am stating facts, I'm sorry if you can't see the obvious difference. Perhaps we can continue this discussion when you actually have some facts, something that has actually happened, to back up your assertions.

Go Dogs

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brandon Smith is a gun and will probably be the best hooker in the game in a couple of years time. Storm will build their team around him and Munster.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Who "the current coach" is didn't piss off Stimson or DWZ, that's a fact, it actually happened, it didn't cost us signatures. Whereas you are simply guessing that it maybe just might piss off some unknown player at some undetermined time in the future. You're speculating, crystal ball gazing, whilst I am stating facts, I'm sorry if you can't see the obvious difference. Perhaps we can continue this discussion when you actually have some facts, something that has actually happened, to back up your assertions.

Go Dogs
Give me a few days/weeks until a few players we are after fall through and then I might be able to elaborate more for you on how the siutation is costing us.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
If we went all in for Tom, Jake and Smith I think our squad would look something like this. The halves looks like the biggest issue so we'd have to move on Hopoate, Tolman and maybe Jackson (most people, especially on the kennel, want to do this anyways) to buy a Halfback to play alongside Foran and fill the rest of the positions with young players with potential. Townsend (smokey for origin btw) could be a solid option allowing Sharks to keep Flanagan (if he hasn't left already), but due to his age would be a short term option, 2-3 years, which I don't mind since there aren't many halfbacks on the market. The spine could be something like Tom, Foran, Townsend, Smith. We also need a goal kicker and Townsend ticks that box.

1. T. Trbojevic 1.4M
2. Okunbor 200K
3. R. Smith 300K
4. Hopoate 400K
5. Watene-Zelezniak 500K
6. Lewis 200K
7. Foran 500K
8. Tolman 400K
9. B. Smith 700K
10. Napa 700K
11. Harawira-Naera 400K
12. Jackson 500K
13. J. Trbojevic 1.1M

14. Marshall-King 200k
15. Ogden 200K
16. Elliott 300K
17. Stimson 200K

1-17 8.3M salary cap
18-30 1.3M salary cap
That's a solid squad considering our current side. Just needs another 2nd rower in lieu of Elliiot

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't "sack" players, both parties sign the contract and both must abide by the terms of the contract. For sure we can pay them and not play them, but that just wastes salary cap space.

Go Dogs
I didnt say anything about that....your a complete cock smoker
Ban this **** so the rest of us can have conversations which involve common sence.
Put this dope on a special thread for special people.