Rumour Brandon smith done deal

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have they agreed though I thought players weren’t allowed to negotiate till November ?

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The problem is the Storm wanting something out of it. Even if we offer Brandon Smith 900k+ the Storm have said they're not releasing him without benefiting from it.
I definitely agree with you. No incentive for Storm to release him otherwise if we want him for 2022.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His manager would be trying to squeze the best possible for him either at our club or some other.
That's what I'm worried about. His price goes up every week. The sooner we re-sign him, the better..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Storm got Meaney (we didn't bid for him...same as how we got Cotric from Raiders) :grinning:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He talks alot of shit. Sleepy dog was put his account on the line with the TPJ news, so well see what happens this time
Sleepy Dog doesn’t come on here too often, when he does, it’s not to post porky pies…

I feel like both Harry and Cheese don’t want to play second fiddle to each other and Cheese can earn a couple of hundred thousand more at another club. He’s made his sacrifices behind Cameron Smith and he’s not going to be making more behind Harry Grant.

In Sleepy Dog we trust, though understand sh!t can happen but I think the club is very serious on its targets and Gus normally nails them.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh nooo now you're just going to get Bulldogs09 started all over again.
Smith mentioned in every reply! :tearsofjoy:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love to get Cheese..but...not if it means loosing BBO.

Smart skillful, running, fearless halfbacks are much harder to find than hookers.

Burton will totally dominate our plays at 5/8 next year and if we have a good running, kicking 7 with him, the need for a running hooker not as critical.

A good decision making dh fits in better with Burton.

IF we can only get one, I'd rather BBO at 7 than Cheese at 9.
I'm with you here.
TBH I'd rather wait one more year and get him at whatever his value is then than to bring him here next year and trade him for BBO, Schoupp etc.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Utility half has some issue against Brandon. Every post about him he bags him. He’s like the Opposite of me where I’d let him blow me if it got him signed [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I fucking hope this is true and agree with tbe others that said he’s exactly the missing piece.

Gun 9 easily the form
9 this year and that’s outstanding. If we can land him he is the exact piece we need and his prime to come.

Would give burton a dominate hand and hopefully bbo can cement himself with burton to lock 3 of our spines long term. Maybe dufty kicks on?

Also our pack with Brandon Pangai and Vaughan goes from pathetic to fucking impressive.

As others said with storm now at 700k I think it will take a mil. Though Gus being here gives me hope he won’t rest till we land Him.

We miss him we are not getting anyone near his caliber. API is going to be getting old. The other 9s aren’t close to Brandon and there’s no chance grant leaves to us (maybe Brisbane)

Please be true. Be the only way the spoon won’t hurt so bad lol
Drop your strides Big fulla..

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just checked in with some of my sources.

They say we have offered a tonne more money that Storm has, however the chances are very slim.

I understand his position, at the best team with the best coach.
I think the only way to get him is if he accepts the more $$$, with an eye for long term success.

That, and Gus