Braith Anasta + Warratahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I just heard on Sky News that Braith Anasta has had talks with the Warratahs at a time they need another Five-Eight for next season although he has had a $300k offer put on the table from the Bulldogs with Souths and the Rorter$ wanting him too.

Max Power

Noad Supporter #2
Reaction score
Anastar wont be going anywhere.

The Dogs wont let him go.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed, i dont think theyd be st00pid eough to let 2 of ur best leave
MB

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Well if it is the case, my dad (rah-rah is his religion) is gonna love this!!!

Scruffy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You know as much as I want to see all our players to stay, I'd rather they leave if they don't want to be at the Bulldogs!

Money is important but really is not be all end all, we would never know what each player's reasons are but I want to see happy players who wants to play for this proud club of ours.

NRL stars are man made, there are always more sprouting up all the time. You lose one, you win one.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Im sick of Danny Wielder by all rights he should be barred from reporting on Rugby League,
He seriously has no clue what is going on and it's clearly obvious he doesnt give a **** about the game and is only out to make a name for his scrauny,nerdy,whimpy self

sorry I just saw the report on nein

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
This in today's SMH. It is cause for concern !

Anasta back on the agenda for Waratahs
May 2, 2005 - 7:54PM

The pursuit of Bulldogs five-eighth Braith Anasta appears squarely back on the Waratahs agenda after it was revealed the 23-year-old had formally approached the Australian Rugby Union about crossing codes.

Anasta's manager Greg Willett confirmed that he had contacted the ARU, via a letter, to express interest in his client playing rugby.

"He's always stated that he'd like to play rugby one day and I think if he's ever going to play rugby now is the time," Willett told Channel Nine.

Off contract at the end of the season, Anasta is well and truly in the Waratahs' crosshairs after regular NSW five-eighth Lachlan Mackay announced a fortnight ago he was joining new Super 14 club Perth.

The 23-year-old Anasta had previously been approached by the Waratahs but was under contract at the time.

"I haven't heard back from Canterbury for a while so at this stage it looks like I'm just going to hang out and see what happens," Anasta said.

"I don't know if they (the Waratahs) are interested or not but if they were I'd definitely consider that too.

"I've played quite a bit of rugby and still follow it and still watch the games."

Waratahs coach Ewen McKenzie, who will look to secure two five-eighths for his squad next season, said he was definitely keen on pursuing Anasta if he demonstrated a genuine interest in playing the 15-man game.

"That (letter) would suggest that perhaps he is fair dinkum at having a crack at rugby so obviously we'll wait and see if that is the case but the suggestions that are out there would indicate that he is serious," McKenzie said.

"He's 23 or something like that so he is certainly young enough to make the transition and I think from memory he played eight, nine, or ten years in schoolboy rugby union so I don't think the game is too unfamiliar to him."

Anasta said he had sat down with Willett at the start of the year with the pair recognising there would be distractions to come.

He is also expected to field interest from other rugby league teams such as South Sydney and the Roosters.

"In the next few weeks it's definitely going to become a bit harder for me to just focus on my football because I have a lot of tough decisions, but hopefully I can still do it," he said.

"I'll always lean towards staying at Canterbury because I am very happy there and I've been there for a long time, six years or so now, and it's become my club and I am hoping to stay there.

"I'll just sit back and see what happens."

ARU chief executive Gary Flowers said he was unaware of any specific approach by Anasta at this point but admitted it may have gone through the body's high performance unit.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Bulldogs84 said:
Im sick of Danny Wielder by all rights he should be barred from reporting on Rugby League,
He seriously has no clue what is going on and it's clearly obvious he doesnt give a **** about the game and is only out to make a name for his scrauny,nerdy,whimpy self

sorry I just saw the report on nein
Hey 84, I bet you dont have Foxtel?

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
Blues role to keep Anasta in league
By Brent Read and Margie McDonald
May 3, 2005

IN-FORM Bulldogs pivot Braith Anasta revealed a return to the NSW side could be enough to secure his future in rugby league as it emerged his manager had made an official approach to rugby union.

Anasta went public with his desire to reclaim a Blues jersey as he joined his City team-mates in camp for Friday night's game against Country in Lismore, on NSW's north coast.

"If I know the opportunity is there in league and I can see myself representing in the future and reaching the goals I'd love to in league, I couldn't really see myself moving anywhere," Anasta said.

"But if I can't see myself reaching those goals, there may be goals elsewhere."

Anasta's manager, Greg Willett, confirmed last night he had sent a letter to the NSWRU to express his client's interest in switching codes.

"They said you have to send a letter of intent to NSW rugby," Willett said. "I sent a letter to the boss there and said, 'what's your interest in Braith Anasta?'.

"It wasn't that he's going to rugby union. But I would be an idiot if I didn't find out what they're offering. He's got to make a decision soon. This letter is to find out what's on offer from rugby."

The Bulldogs have already made the talented playmaker an offer but Anasta has indicated he could test his worth on the open market after June 30.

Asked whether he had any clue as to where he would be playing next year, Anasta replied: "Not really, I have no idea. It's so hard. Canterbury came with the offer some time ago and me and my manager didn't accept it.

"I haven't heard back since and I haven't been able to talk to anyone else because of the June 30 thing, so I don't know who's interested and who's not.

"There's going to come a time when everything is going to be put out in front of me and I can make my decision."

mickey83

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
will we get the same deal newcastle got to keep Joey? Some how i can't see it happening. If Anasta is to leave i would like him to leave the nrl so we don't play him.

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
or he can go to souths where his talent will be wasted

**** if anasta goes to the waratahs I may actually watch a game of super 12 next year

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
im quietly confident anasta will stay at the doggies. ;)

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
R

ROCK ASOTASI

Anasta will sign for another 2 years.

J Lo will sign for another 2 years as well.

I know im new here but TRUST ME ;)

JSL

Doggies FTW
Reaction score
I am not sure..

If the right offer came and the offer of to play in the wallabies might secure his name...

Like they did with all the others..

I am more sure he won't go to another RL team.. but to union.. that always the biggest risk..

riomhach

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, I was much more confident before that dude left the 'tahs and has made braith more attractive.

Braith would be stupid not to check it all out, but I hope he stays!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.