Braith Anasta king-hit in bar scuffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
ON THE surface it seems a classic NRL bad news story - the footballer, the night out and the drunken punch.

Sydney Roosters five-eighth Braith Anasta is today nursing seven stitches above his lip after an altercation in a well-known Eastern Suburbs pub.
But, in this case, the football star is the innocent victim of a coward's thuggery.
Last night Anasta said he was "king hit" but refused to retaliate for fear of losing his $300,000-a-year contract.
The Roosters skipper was celebrating a cousin's birthday on Saturday night at Double Bay's Golden Sheaf when a drunken patron started to "annoy" the former NSW and Australia five-eighth.
Moments later Anasta - out for the rest of this season with an ankle injury - rushed from the establishment with a bloodied face after being belted.

Anasta said he was forced to walk away or face disciplinary action, and possible contract termination, from the Roosters.
"I've got nothing to hide," Anasta said.
"We are rugby league players so you can't fight back. I was king hit but if I react I end up in the newspapers.
"I could lose my job over it. That is the sad part. That is something players have to put up with. That's life - but it's wrong.
"I was having a few quiet drinks with my cousins and I sat down because my leg is still recovering and it was playing up. I had a drink in my hand and this bloke kept coming over and annoying me.
"He was being a bit rude and I asked him to leave me alone. He came back and I again asked him to leave me alone.
"Before I knew it I had a right hook in my gob. It split me. I was out of there in two seconds and into a taxi.
"I didn't want any dramas. I don't know the bloke and wouldn't recognise him if he stood in front of me."

Anasta rang Roosters boss Steve Noyce on Sunday to report the drama. Noyce then passed on the information to NRL chief executive David Gallop.
"He was hit by a patron unprovoked. It is unfortunate. Braith then left the establishment," Mr Noyce said.

"It is disappointing when a good kid like Braith can't go out with his family."

Telegraph

Benji Bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thats not good you just can't king hit someone, Braith is smart what he done!!!

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
some people are just jealous scum bags.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Typical Double Bay scum - Should burn the suburb down !

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Full credit to Braith for not retaliating

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
i hate the roosters but feel sorry for him.

people know if they hit a nrl player and they fight back that there careers will go through the mud and pathetic people like this take advantage of that which just goes to show how sad some people are.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually feel bad for him I don't condone incidents like what happened to him poor bloke

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
****ing idiots, if i were braith i would have most likely retaliated. As if any normal person wouldnt, onyl cuz he is a footy player doesnt mean he isnt allowed. Footy players cop heaps of crap thats unwarranted. They cant even celebrated a family members bday in peace anymore

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
The Football-Gods will take care of everything.

A junkie will break into his own house, while he's asleep one night - He'll wake up. Tackle and Pound the dood into unconsciousness, thus providing the perfect opportunity for some Karmic Comeback !

News reports will say :
"He's suffered a king hit from Fa'alongo, and from a drunk patron in Double Bay while injured, but it seems Braith Anasta has finally had a chance to exact some revenge of his own on an unsuspecting theif. Police and ambulance were called to a Coogee address recently where upon a 25yo male was found bloodied and incoherent after suffring injuries in the struggle. Charges have not been laid on Anatsa, however Police have charge the offender with "break and enter" and will appear before Local Court this week."

WestieDog

Zambuck
Reaction score
I actually think he left the Dogs to escape the poor culture that existed with Mason et al - and they followed him to Bondi!!

I don't think he's a bad bloke, and he's shown uncommon good sense in not retaliating.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why are we NOT hearing about charges ????
There must have been witnesses to this incident, surely somebody knows the idiot who hit him or Anastas cousins saw what happened and could report it to the police.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dumb pr1ck should of had a go, you cant let that happen to yourself.

D

DoggyStylz

Off field incident - Anasta should should come under intense scrutiny, NRL needs to stay consistant, if your gonna crucify one team then to do it to all

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing lower than king hitting someone. Good on Braith for being the bigger man and walking away.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Good on you Braith.

You won't see him praised for these actions though in the paper as much. This article should be stickied to the DT for a week. They only want to talk about it for weeks in the paper if they actually fight back :sleepy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's what you get for going to the biggest w@nk bar in town, the Sheaf. He got what he deserved!

No, of course this is pathetic and when players can't go anywhere without some insecure pr1ck wanting to do something like this to make a name for themselves or whatever then it is obviously very unfortunate.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Well Anasta was injured and couldnt do much about fighting back... the bloke should have had more goes at him

Status
Not open for further replies.