Official Braidon burns takes the final roster spot

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burns will be better for us than Montoya was (for e.g.) and Burns is going to be a back up not a starter. I really think Burns is good depth and from how I've seen him perform at the Rabbits I think I'd feel comfortable with him slotting in due to injury or someone else's form.
A voice of reason as opposed to the captain angry ants on here(not many but enough)able back up definitely that is not a risk at all, injury history is though but hopefully he is on the right side of that now, must have medical clearances..

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes a depth player, wont be required to play all season but we cant sign a team full of superstars, Im not saying I rate him because ive not watched alot of him. Its a similar signing to King, both had bad injury problems and getting a chance to redeem their career with us, be nice to have depth players who are really motivated to break into the squad. If it doesnt work out, they ll probs be gone after a year, nothing lost

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great club man and a decent player at minimum wage, what’s the issue here ?

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How fucking weird next year will be. Quality across the park (apart from 7 & 9) and depth.
I was a massive LOTR reader growing up and was so pumped that it was coming to the big screen.
In the back of my mind I was sooooo hoping I didn't get hit by a bus before it came out.
Same for our next season.
Anyhooo...back to my bowl. :-)

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I will call it right now and say burns will give us more value than Naden..I think Naden was a bit of a panic buy or just to piss the Panthers off. He is not that great, so I'm not holding my breath. If he works out and improves, i will be so happy for him and the team. But we do need another semi first grade experienced centre/ winger that can put pressure on him to perform as well as slot in if needed to cover injuries..As mentioned, Burns is an upgrade on pretty much most of the backs we've had the last few seasons, except for the Moz twins.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wtf sort of reason is that? He's a better middle than edge, always has been.
I agree , but we have no edges . So Jackson and tpj would have to play there if you ask me .
Waddell / Stimson / doorey not good enough .
Rfm is injured and won’t be back early on and Hetherington is not a back rower even though he had 1 good game there .

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some off you guys crying like they are wasted spots . Please Burns is a lot better than the centre’s we’ve had previously as back up . I’d have him in my starting lineup as I rate the kid . Tough boy with winning mentality .
That max king is nothing more than a rotational player and we really lack depth in that department .
We have no edges at the club , atleast then we can use either tpj/ Jackson / Hetherington there .

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Only reason why I shift Jackson to the edge , is systematically can help us defensively out their edge . No need to be a world beater out their . Neither k Bromwich or f kaufusi are great in offence . Just hole runners who put alot of pressure on the opposite half .

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His a decent player watched him a bit should be a good back up u need those type of players in a side injuries are inevitable.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When fit this guy is good owned him in supercoach when he was a tear a while back so was watching him closely, He just kept getting unlucky with injuries.

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Now official.

SIGNINGS
BREAKING
Braidon Burns signs with the Bulldogs for the next two seasons
Authorbulldogs.com.auTimestampTue 5 Oct 2021, 10:55 AM
Share on social media
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have continued to add strength and depth to their backline for next season, with the signing of exciting Souths winger Braidon Burns on a two year deal.
The 25 year-old, who originally hails from Dubbo, has spent his whole career with Souths, having made his debut in 2017, and was an excellent finisher during his five seasons there, scoring 10 tries in his 40 appearances.

After recovering from a knee injury sustained last year, Burns returned to play eight matches for the Rabbitohs during this season's campaign.
The winger will complement the Bulldogs' other backline signings of Matt Burton, Josh Addo-Carr, Matt Dufty and Brent Naden.
Bulldogs Chief Executive Aaron Warburton was delighted that Burns had decided to come to the Bulldogs:
"There is a genuine feeling here at the Bulldogs that we are putting together a very exciting squad for next season and beyond.
Adding depth in all positions is something that we have worked hard to achieve, and to be able to sign someone of Braidon's ability and strikepower is a major boost for our backline.
Braidon is a hard worker who wants the chance to succeed, and we are delighted that he has chosen to come to Belmore at a time when he is moving into the best stage of his career."

Last edited:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t get it. We had meany who is capable of depth on wing and fb. Why not keep meany instead of signing burns. Just my 5cents

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t get it. We had meany who is capable of depth on wing and fb. Why not keep meany instead of signing burns. Just my 5cents
Meaney had never been in a successful system with coaches like Michael Macguire and Wayne Bennett (like Burns has). Its a clear strategy of ours getting guys who either have exceptional ability or come from a top system on the fringe.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meaneys a cat, and was signed under the Lynne/Pay Pay 35% too much and blame Des for cap troubles strategy.
Dogs offered minimum to renew, Melb caught wind and offered the same.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm head hunted Meany and made him an offer, it was in an article about their recruitment strategy and they had him earmarked. Pretty sure we also made an offer but he smartly chose to go to Melbourne and improve his game.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing against Burns but this signing confuses me slightly, the way I see it we have plenty of centres and wingers. There is potentially 8 with JAC, Allen, Averillo, Cotric, TKatoa, Naden, Okunbor, and Schoupp, then add Burns that makes 9. Schoupp's shoulder shouldn't stop him from playing at the start of the season. Maybe Averillo is being viewed as a 5/8 and Allen as the back up fullback, but still that's 7 players for 4 positions. There is always the possibility that we are losing someone, that could be a reason.

Regardless, there's is going to be plenty of competition for centre and wing spots, hardly a bad thing.

Always a Bulldog