Opinion Brad Arthur

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Rumour is that the Saints are looking at him.
That could check out... Hunt back to QLD, Bulldogs sign Sullivan and Arthur can take his son to the Dragons and slot Jakob straight into halfback lol.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
unless he was sacked he wouldnt leave, he lives in the area, coaches in the local area, played for parra, cant see it unless he is pushed

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bloke looks absolutely lost for answers everytime his team throws up stinkers.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are the only Sydney club looking for a coach

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, but no thanks. I’ll be passed off if it’s anyone but Potter at this point.
Potter has done alright but lets see how we go to the end of the season, next 2 weeks vs Knights and Titans are big, dont want Potter fulltime personally but cant deny hes got us playing a good style atm

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Possibly Dragons or Titans, or even Knights.

One of those teams with a coach at risk.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t remember the last season where so many coaches were sacked/ their positions in question. It’s really just proof of the severe lack of talent in the league. Embarrassing really that there’s a new team next year
More a case of the world has gone through a lot of shit in last 2 years - in isolation - and everyone's patience is exhausted.

Everyone wants their team to be successful as they feel more invested in them. They also know that contracts are worth shit these days so even if you have 4 Tommy Turbo's and 3 latrell Mitchell's "locked in" for 4 years, you'd be lucky to see them playing for you next year....and so they can't wait for 2 or 3 years for a premiership.

If you dont have a 2 year plan to win a premiership you are in the firing line

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m hearing from pretty reliable person that Ciraldo is done. If that’s the case, then no, I’d rather Ciraldo. There’s a reason clubs want the bloke. I think he’ll be as effective as Fitzgibbon
The problem I have with Ciraldo is his age and the style of footy that's is known as our DNA.

This style of footy isn't based on skill or flamboyance or footy brains. It's based on effort, courage, stamina and will power to stick to a system even though it doesn't sell well on TV.

It is not easy at all to have a coach only afew years older than you to be telling you how to play this style. Ciraldo wasn't even known to be a tough player in his playing days. It's hard to see how he could inspire these kind of attributes into our playing group.

I'm not against changing our style. I encourage it, but it must be done successfully. Barrett already failed. I think Ciraldo will too.

If prefer Arthur (age factor and top 8 success) or Fitzgibbon who is younger but played tough and with courage.

I would personally prefer Ricky Stuart but I know it's a no hope