Boycott Rashays like they did us

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No not really. Notwithstanding my thoughts on halal, i was only kidding about the unblessed thing - i've never been there as i don't see any appeal (there aren't even any in my neighborhood). Plus the owner guy sounds like a right knob.
Just so you're aware if you've ever had chicken in Australia, it's halal. All the chickens suppliers in Australia such as Steggles, Inghams etc... are all Halal. They do this as a way to extending their business to the Muslim community here. The only way you would've had chicken here that's not halal is if it was imported (which is not very likely) or if it's home grown in someone's backyard.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'll never go to Rashays and have never bought anything from Bing Lee. Maybe that's being petty or blaming the wrong person but I don't give a fuck.
Bing Lee? WTF did they do?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I prefer Bing Lee over Harvey Norman ever since hearing the general public compared to pigs by the owner. He said "you don't feed your pigs strawberries". By that he was meaning that is pigs (general public) don't deserve good quality or prices. I have bought things from his stores since. But generally only when I can't find it anywhere else within 50km of my country town.
I have not bought anything at Harvey Norman for over 20 years. Gerry Harvey is a whinging scumbag, complained about Amazon purchases not paying 10% GST when his prices were 40% higher, he can fark off.

Always a Bulldog

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bing Lee? WTF did they do?
Dumped us sponsors in 2004 after Coffs. Not sure if they'd signed the deal or were about to, but they made a public song and dance about the club when they pulled out.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dumped us sponsors in 2004 after Coffs. Not sure if they'd signed the deal or were about to, but they made a public song and dance about the club when they pulled out.
LOLLLL FFS do you blame anyone wanting to distance themselves from us during the Coffs ordeal? If you owned a business you’d understand ..

Last edited:

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think almost every company would at that time and would also publicly distance themselves from us. If they didn't they would be seen by a media influenced public as "supporting rapists, and against woman" which in turn would then lead to them getting boycotted and their sales would drop dramatically and it'd be incredibly difficult to recover from that.

It's the way the Western world works, everything is essentially trial by media and you're guilty until proven innocent in almost every case.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitsubishi Electric were our major sponsors at the time. They didn't!
They were trying to take the heat off the situation... with Mitsubishi Electrics new ABC123 Twin Head Reverse Cycle Air Conditioner. State of the art allergy free filters and world class performance for when you need to stay cool under pressure.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mitsubishi Electric were our major sponsors at the time. They didn't!
That's also because the Australian market isn't the sole market for an international company like that tbh.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They were trying to take the heat off the situation... with Mitsubishi Electrics new ABC123 Twin Head Reverse Cycle Air Conditioner. State of the art allergy free filters and world class performance for when you need to stay cool under pressure.
Mitsubishi called, they said you're hired!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just so you're aware if you've ever had chicken in Australia, it's halal. All the chickens suppliers in Australia such as Steggles, Inghams etc... are all Halal. They do this as a way to extending their business to the Muslim community here. The only way you would've had chicken here that's not halal is if it was imported (which is not very likely) or if it's home grown in someone's backyard.
really? What’s the percentage of Muslims in this country?

seems like going out of the way hugely for a minority.
You learn something knew every day.

Wahesh

Reaction score
You're shitting me? I thought it was all about (at the time) the new reverse cycle Lifestyle range which was designed to be less obtrusive and integrate seamlessly with the room's interior, featuring a new matte finish. The Lifestyle Range of wall mounted reverse cycle air conditioning units are (were) Mitsubishi Electric's most efficient with some models reaching a 5 star energy rating. Other energy management features included human sensor control, economy mode and weekly timers.

This included capacity-cooling at 7.1 kW, heating capacity at 8 kW, inverter, remote control, and 5 year warranty.