News Bouncing back: How ex-Napa can regain bruising best

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa hasn’t been the hard hitting enforcer he was in defence, since the nrl outlawed the shoulder charger. He was voted the hardest hitter in the game by his opponents a few years in a row in player polls.And now, especially with the rule changes and way the game has sped up he will be lucky to get a game

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Napa OUT

All of these contract year performances are a joke, not buying it after duds like Lichaa pulled the wool over the clubs eyes. It's time to get ruthless and go for the premiership.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has toned it right down after those head clashes. A bit like how Klemmer lost his mongrel once his misses got him by the balls.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Needs to find an offload. Watch Barrett bring that to his game. I recall being disappointed some years with Willy Masons inability to break the line. Having enforcers like Thompson and Hetherington and ball players like Waddell around and a change of coach coupled with it being a contract year, I expect him to punch out more impact in attack this season as he pushes for a contract with us (albeit unlikely) and other teams. I predict him to make Qld Origin squad or at least be in the mix. I refuse to bag our players. My role as a supporter is to support.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The ball is in play for a lot more time in games these days, so naturally there has been an increase in metres gained. The game is also a lot faster.
I would say less. How long does it take to form a scrum these days? 20 years ago 15 seconds max, now its 30 seconds only because they had to put a time limit on it. Oh & the hit-ups are about the same so.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would say less. How long does it take to form a scrum these days? 20 years ago 15 seconds max, now its 30 seconds only because they had to put a time limit on it. Oh & the hit-ups are about the same so.
Statistically the ball is in play for more minutes these days. This is because the clock is always stopped. So its just my assumption that this would lead to more metres being made accross a game.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha. You wouldn't think so but even the most unwanted players always seem to find another suitor somehow. Especially when it would cost a club nothing to take him.
Usually those players actually have talent!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman for all we bag him isn't soft and does the hard work. His issue is our dumb gameplan of passing it to him on the 4th or 5th every set! Many clubs can do much worse than sign Tolman as a defensive prop.
He had a massive work rate and played big minutes that someone has to now do. He also ran a lot of decoy runs that went largely unrecognised.If he could have left the ball alone when we were attacking,he could have continued being an asset for us

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had a massive work rate and played big minutes that someone has to now do. He also ran a lot of decoy runs that went largely unrecognised.If he could have left the ball alone when we were attacking,he could have continued being an asset for us
Agree. A good coach would know how to use Tolman...unfortunately we had duds like Pay trying to coach!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree. A good coach would know how to use Tolman...unfortunately we had duds like Pay trying to coach!
I wouldn’t blame Pay too much, he was a rookie coach with a drastically under strength squad,who was doing his best to fix someone else’s fuck up. The dud was hassler, he is one who decimated our club

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t blame Pay too much, he was a rookie coach with a drastically under strength squad,who was doing his best to fix someone else’s fuck up. The dud was hassler, he is one who decimated our club
To a degree sure, both were pretty bad. Hasler was ahuge issue though, but Pay couldn't coach.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fkn useful as tits on a bull. Hated the signing then, still hating the signing now. Fkn Garfield.

I would actually rate She-Rex higher for a 10 min off the bench performance.

Last edited:

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol Garfield. I like it. Yeah I couldnt believe the knee jerk reaction of losing klemmer and having to find a replacement asap. We didnt even play hardball with Newcastle at the time either. So happy 14 players are off contract at the end of 2021. Its about time we moved on a shit load of poor buys from previous ineptness.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol Garfield. I like it. Yeah I couldnt believe the knee jerk reaction of losing klemmer and having to find a replacement asap. We didnt even play hardball with Newcastle at the time either. So happy 14 players are off contract at the end of 2021. Its about time we moved on a shit load of poor buys from previous ineptness.
I can't take credit for "Garfield", forgot who came up with it on here.

He was "good" because the roosters made him look good and was a dirty player. No superstars around him and cleaned his game up and he is another She-Rex.