News Bouncing back: How ex-Napa can regain bruising best

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Napa would have performed alot better under a real coach that placed emphasis on strength and conditioning and had a vision/plan. Trying to squeeze big minutes out of him seemed wrong but I suppose we didnt have cattle.
Now that we have what appears to be a coach with a clue, he hasnt been able to train at full capacity. After years of being underdone, I feel he will have little impact this year.
I hope for his and our sake he finds something. He is part of the team. Would like him to have a big year regardless of whether he is with us after this year or not.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I reallly think trent will get ogden/renouf killing it this year and wouldn’t be surprised if he plays stimson as a prop
Baz already said Stimson will be playing prop and he looked to be playing there during the opposed session. Looks like he will be in the 17 come round 1 and potentially even starting alongside Hetherington.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to see how he goes under Baz before I pass judgement.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There was a reason the roosters were so keen to get rid of him, would rank as one of worst signings ever along for Foran

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa was never a top tier player and was nothing more than an average bench warmer in his last 2 years at the Roosters. Bigpapigate and our coaching staff stuffed any chance of him lifting over the last couple of years, even if he had it in him to lift. The new energy in the club and playing for a contract may see him lift a bit, but I'm not expecting much different. Just too slow and cumbersome and no real aggression anymore.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
If Nap could increase his leg speed and leg drive he might be useful. For a big guy he hits the line like a pillow.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For the sake of the team, I'm hoping everyone can be at their best this year - meeting or exceeding expectations. Or, underperformers improving on past efforts. Regardless if a player is locked in for a while, or possibly parting ways. Regardless, if they are a fan favourite, or on someone's list of pet hates. Whether they are looking for a new contract here, or somewhere else. It's in everyone's best interests that everyone has the best year possible. With a step up in coaching, guidance, fitness and having an injection of new talent, I'm hopeful of seeing some tremendous effort and an improved performance from the team and from individuals.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was a panic signing on the highest order from an inexperienced board and coach they were happy to lay the boot into previous admins for making mistakes. I honestly don’t think there would be much of a difference with what happened on field if Napa was there or not. Napa had been dropped to the bench at the Roosters and we still shelled out $600k for him. How could it have really been much worse?
Yeah and he’s on $800K for the last two years of his contract. Dean Pay wanted him I believe.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will have a better season in 2021 seeing he will be of contract. It's amazing how many players improve in the final year of their contract. As for stats, I swear they use different metrics to measure these metres. Do they now count sideways metres too? Looking at stats going back to 2000, there are far more metres gained now & yet in the old games, they went from one end of the field to the other.
The ball is in play for a lot more time in games these days, so naturally there has been an increase in metres gained. The game is also a lot faster.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
What a cop out. I know it's the stupid journalists comment but the excuse that maybe he went soft because he went from the premiers to the cellar dwellers FMD. The **** is soft as marshmellow and doesn't deserve a dogs jersey. He was bought to help lift the team and instead the team carried him. NO respect for the bloke at all, fuk him off yesterday!