News Bought the wrong players’: Embarrassing vision shows Bulldogs ‘cutting corners’

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Potter let them play eyes up footy, it worked until it didn't.

CC appears to be soft AF.

I think Gus has to be the hard arse around FG next year.
@EXORCIST I used to think the same. Smiling, soft voice in the presser, "connection" talk, threatening and then never dropping anyone. But I reckon the opposite now. I love Dean Pay, but he came out of junior head coaching and I reckon he wasn't too hard on them, then tbaz was soft as all get out and you had a squad never used to true FG level hard work. Gus and CC come in and flog them, so they jump out of the gates early in the season and then fold badly through the year. Then all the talk comes out about training too hard.

I reckon some of the guys loathed by TK (some by me too) are the ones putting in at training. They suck on the field, but work hard. He can't drop them without rewarding the sooks who don't train hard. Invidious position to be in. I suspect if he and Gus go hard in the off season, we'll be a battle in '24 to avoid the spoon.

The one thing they both underestimated (IMHO) is that they could replace the deadwood in 23 - 24 with better players and the market has moved against us this year. There just isn't what they want to buy available anymore

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mods need to start permanently banning certain individuals. It’s one thing to debate, have an opinion or even argue about a point of view but it’s another to have these constant negative demeaning posts about the club, administration or players
Fans have the right to express their opinions in a respectable manner.
IMO a person that chooses demeaning behavior only exposes own weakness and ill educated character...
I know their controversial comment generates clicks for TK, but TK is a far better place without them !!!

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mods need to start permanently banning certain individuals. It’s one thing to debate, have an opinion or even argue about a point of view but it’s another to have these constant negative demeaning posts about the club, administration or players
softy

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Damning footage of a number of senior Bulldogs players “cutting corners” during their loss to Manly on Sunday has been slammed by a club great.

The vision shows five Bulldogs players failing to chase a kick that was put up by Matt Burton in the second half with the Sea Eagles making a line break of that play and scoring soon after as a result.

The play was raised by coach Cameron Ciraldo in his press conference, who didn’t make any excuses for those involved instead saying “it’s a decision they choose to make.”

“Every NRL game you play is a privilege to play. If I get any smell of it that someone isn’t up for the game, I’ll find someone who is,” Ciraldo said before referencing the play.

Bulldogs legend Braith Anasta was shocked at the vision, believing there are some players at the club who simply don’t want to be there.

He also called out some of the club’s senior players.

“Cameron Ciraldo is not happy with his players and he referred to this very incident. Matt Burton putting a kick up and there’s five players including Burton not chasing the kick whatsoever,” Anasta said on Fox League.

“He puts it up and you have (Reed) Mahoney, (Tevita) Pangai Junior, (Corey) Waddell they are all there but even the chase after it. This is the problem, watch this. He (Manly player) makes a break and then he gets around and Pangai is hardly moving, (Hayze) Perham gets there but should have been there sooner.

“The whole standards with the Bulldogs and what Ciraldo is trying to bring to this club, there’s players there just not doing the jersey any justice and players cutting corners and players that shouldn’t be there.”.”

Anasta’s comments come after it was reported up to eight Bulldogs players have been left with a bad taste in their mouth from Ciraldo’s coaching approach.

The main factor that has reportedly left several players disgruntled was regarding Ciraldo’s “workload demands”, including an apparent expectation players should be around training from 8am to 5:30pm.

Gorden Tallis says the reports of a players’ revolt against Ciraldo means the coach “isn’t training them hard enough.”

“The coaches have to get the power back. They all this GPS and all that and the game has gone soft mentally. If the coach trains them hard you hear them whispers that he’s training them too hard, well obviously he isn’t training them hard enough,” Tallis said.

“At some stage, for the game we need to coaches to get more power back and when a player starts whinging, I would love us to out that guy so the next club knows what they are going to get.”

The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield pointed to the Dogs’ defensive woes.

“They’ve got Kikau, they’ve got Burton, they’ve got Mahoney, they’ve got Luke Thompson, a Great Britain international. They’ve conceded 32 points a game this season, that’s two tries more than the Dean Pay days,” Rothfield said.

“Cameron Ciraldo is saying they’ve got blokes who don’t want to be there. Why is there an environment at that club where Pangai wants to turn his back on all that money?”

Anasta said he’s surprised at the level of work ethic at the club at the moment, believing it goes against what the Bulldogs have stood for in the past.

“There’s players there complaining how hard they train. Let me tell you, if you want to be a Bulldog, that’s the last thing you do when you enter that building because that’s what they are renowned for,” Anasta said.

“They have bought the wrong players and they’ve got to do something about it. You watch that and it’s embarrassing.”

Rothfield, who has long been a critic of Bulldogs General Manager of Football Phil Gould, says he deserves some blame for the on-field failures.

“He’s not turning up to games. He’s the GM of Football and is on $800,000 or $900,000 a year and is working for Channel 9 and not going to the games,” Rothfield said.

“I think Cameron Ciraldo is a first-year coach who needs every bit of help he can get. Every other general manager goes to a game.

“I agree with you Buzz. Frank Ponissi (Storm GM) sits on the sideline, Peter Parr (Knights GM) sits on the sideline,” Brent Read added.

View attachment 80431
What is really embarrassing is the fact the National Rubbish League has for almost 3 decades allowed you grubs from News Ltd about our club and other clubs that didn't tow your line...
Shame on you, you are a blight on the real game of rugby league !!!