News Bought the wrong players’: Embarrassing vision shows Bulldogs ‘cutting corners’

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Does your boss get sacked for you doing a shit job (thats if you have a job). If they have been shown you how to do the job and you turn up and get paid in full but you want to be praised every morning and needed your ego stroked(maybe not you because your stroke yourself) for motivation to do your job. Do you think your boss needs to be sacked or sack your weak ass for taking the piss because you have a contract and know you get paid either way.
Player.
I FEELS you.
But,
Yes we get rid of them but who can we get in exchange?
Only option is hard ninjas from England

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch this clip to see how a great player competes on every play. Terry Lamb is taken down after passing the ball in his own half. Play proceeds further upfield at break neck speed and a final pass is required from Stevie Mortimer to complete the try. Have a guess who turns up on his shoulder having leapt to his feet and busted a lung to make sure he was there for the try under the posts.

I love how Rabs says, “that’s the real Canterbury”. As for Baa, he is one of the best support players the game has seen, so a hard benchmark for anyone to meet. That said it would be nice to see just a modicum of desire in the current lot. I think there are glimmers, oike the way Avo and Wilson combined with Waddell, but it’s mainly in defence where most of the team take a rest. We usually score enough to win a game. Look at last weekend. 24 points should be plenty to win a game, but obviously not when you concede like we have this season.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Almost as embarrassing as when Braith said condescendingly, “I already said that Buzz.”

They expected Burton to chase, after he kicked and the defender cuddled him? Spose he could have shrugged him off but the other players to the right are more to blame. They had nothing but motivation stopping them from chasing through.
It's embarrassing if we watch 360 degrees of BS
Performed by a bunch of weak backstabbing ...... !

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They get away with what they are allowed to get away with.

Obviously the assistant hasn't got the respect or fear needed by a real coach.
I think there is more to this than we hear through the press.

It's plain to see there is a disconnection between the players and coach.

I'm only speculating but I'd say it's on the path of the style of play that cc is trying to install rather than the workload. You hearing anything from within the walls? Players just looked so much happier under Potter

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So over this pathetic club and anyone who runs it. At one stage there was light at the end of the tunnel… all the bs videos at the end of pre season and so called unity bull crap! Pathetic and embarrassing…. Anyone involved in the club needs to be held responsible and dealt with… bloody shambles!!!

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's easy to say we bought the wrong players but! you have to spend your cap whether players want to come here or not or players you want are'nt available it would be great if we had a team of Pongas maybe we need to clone some old players

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So over this pathetic club and anyone who runs it. At one stage there was light at the end of the tunnel… all the bs videos at the end of pre season and so called unity bull crap! Pathetic and embarrassing…. Anyone involved in the club needs to be held responsible and dealt with… bloody shambles!!!
The light is still at the end of the tunnel, if you look closely it's actually brighter...
The club did it's best to present the best possible image for unity, is that wrong ?
We've been terrible for years, it was expected that players who did not perform would face the axe, Surprised ?
Patience is a virtue !

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s a few in here linked to the elections trying to destabilise - that part is really obvious, mix that in with a couple of DT journos on here with a Gould agenda = stupidity
I have been upset and voiced my concerns on here in regards to how we are traveling. Expressed my concerns with decisions made by Gus and Ciro.
But I dont want them gone. I want them to succeed. I dont feel the need to be derogatory towards them and constantly make them out to be shit *****. I dont for 1 minute think they arent trying to turn it around. I simply have a different opinion.

But to have an agenda, to be on here for no other reason than to as you say destabilse the club, how can anyone respect that. The other day he was carrying on saying to another member something like theyd probably let Gus fuck their misses infront of them. WTF.....

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been upset and voiced my concerns on here in regards to how we are traveling. Expressed my concerns with decisions made by Gus and Ciro.
But I dont want them gone. I want them to succeed. I dont feel the need to be derogatory towards them and constantly make them out to be shit *****. I dont for 1 minute think they arent trying to turn it around. I simply have a different opinion.

But to have an agenda, to be on here for no other reason than to as you say destabilse the club, how can anyone respect that. The other day he was carrying on saying to another member something like theyd probably let Gus fuck their misses infront of them. WTF.....
I believe that they are doing what they believe is the best thing for the club - success for the club is success for them. Whilst the roster isnt strong and injuries have made things worse both CC and Gould will have hopefully learnt from their mistakes of this year - pre season culture, culture, culture, signing Reynolds, extending rfm, not signing middles early in season but signing slow outside backs EQW etc etc. All easy in hindsight

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mods need to start permanently banning certain individuals. It’s one thing to debate, have an opinion or even argue about a point of view but it’s another to have these constant negative demeaning posts about the club, administration or players

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Might be time to get outta ur house Billy cos enough numbers have already been rallied to topple the current mob if the election was next week
I hope this is not true. Would be an absolute disaster and would only set us back many years

Our current board and management team have enough experience, commercial and operational acumen and influence to make this club succeed. They are the best of the best in their respective positions.

Most importantly they bring stability and have the clubs interests at heart.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The light is still at the end of the tunnel, if you look closely it's actually brighter...
The club did it's best to present the best possible image for unity, is that wrong ?
We've been terrible for years, it was expected that players who did not perform would face the axe, Surprised ?
Patience is a virtue !
Not having a go at you but please save the optimism! The club presented the best possible image for them to start getting rid of those players within a few weeks of the season. What kind of confidence does that instil to the playing group? Talk it up, sign them to top 30 then just start releasing players and signing others who are the exact same if not worse. Do not go signing players like pele, Nu brown etc etc if your just gona get rid of them or not play them in firsts atall… that is all on the club, gus has a habit of signing fringe first grade players hoping they’ll come good. He had ample opportunity to sign forwards and a decent half last year but kept using the cap excuse. Now he has a shit tonne of money using the excuse no more players on the market.
There’s only so much patience fans can have. Gus was bought to bring success. That doesn’t mean we needed to make finals etc but we needs some sort of improvement which we clearly didn’t get. In fact we got worse with a better roster!
Our marquee players have declined to a point where they would struggle in nsw cup, our nsw cup went from first to not making finals within 6 weeks. I can keep going and going but enough is enough. How long can you use the rebuild excuse? To me it’s all utter garbage and bs and I personally think ciro and Gus have a lot to answer for.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not having a go at you but please save the optimism! The club presented the best possible image for them to start getting rid of those players within a few weeks of the season. What kind of confidence does that instil to the playing group? Talk it up, sign them to top 30 then just start releasing players and signing others who are the exact same if not worse. Do not go signing players like pele, Nu brown etc etc if your just gona get rid of them or not play them in firsts atall… that is all on the club, gus has a habit of signing fringe first grade players hoping they’ll come good. He had ample opportunity to sign forwards and a decent half last year but kept using the cap excuse. Now he has a shit tonne of money using the excuse no more players on the market.
There’s only so much patience fans can have. Gus was bought to bring success. That doesn’t mean we needed to make finals etc but we needs some sort of improvement which we clearly didn’t get. In fact we got worse with a better roster!
Our marquee players have declined to a point where they would struggle in nsw cup, our nsw cup went from first to not making finals within 6 weeks. I can keep going and going but enough is enough. How long can you use the rebuild excuse? To me it’s all utter garbage and bs and I personally think ciro and Gus have a lot to answer for.
You are right, it isn't good enough and we shouldn't be where we are. Gus has a habit of playing Russian roulette with fringe signings, he also previously signed players to long term deals only for them to be moved on when he departs the club. However, I think he's trying his hardest to put the proper systems into place and start the process in the correct way.

I think a lot of people underestimated just how awful the club had become during the past six or so years. I think the standards were so bad after the hasler era that the staff that were brought in the following year just weren't up to standard and the training implemented probably left a lot to be desired. Pattern repeating with the next coach etc.

Now ciraldo is trying to implement his own system by lifting the intensity and demanding more and the playing group arent up to it.

That's how I see it anyway

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Having named pretty much the same flops, looks like the damning footage last week wasn’t enough… we want to make a 10 part documentary

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patience is a virtue !
I hope ur getting paid for ur comedy routine on here.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They get away with what they are allowed to get away with
Yep agree....at some point a coach seeing that needs to take action.
Not having a shot at the Dogs cause it happens with us at Easts.

Again not Dogs but generally players imo coaches seem a bit weak and unlike the great Jack Gibson that doesn't earn you respect.