News Bought the wrong players’: Embarrassing vision shows Bulldogs ‘cutting corners’

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So how will those duds fix our club?
Yes here's their chance to fully explain how changing the Board will translate to Gus and GMF position, CC and coach and the playing roster in this current marketplace.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way some people think we will still be in the middle of a rebuild changing the board every election and a new coach every season and a half for the next 50 years. The club will be as stable as the Kennel Klowns found on this site.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Might be time to get outta ur house Billy cos enough numbers have already been rallied to topple the current mob if the election was next week
I don’t believe it, but willing to wait and see.
members I know, say they won’t support anyone who doesn’t guarantee Gus will remain.
but I’ll admit, that’s only about a dozen people.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is the club going to be able to turn this around in one off-season? Buckle up, 2024 is going to be an absolute train wreck and the pressure from the media will be next level.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Might be time to get outta ur house Billy cos enough numbers have already been rallied to topple the current mob if the election was next week
Well it isn't next month. So useless info.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How is the club going to be able to turn this around in one off-season? Buckle up, 2024 is going to be an absolute train wreck.
Hate to admit it but yes it's hard to see it happening with all that much improvement for 2024. We'll at least have to wait to see if we get any more forwards. Gus and Ciro have said it's gonna get worse and that is manifesting itself now with the turmoil going on only the beginning it seems.

Rock and hard place but changing the Board, and/or Gus won't achieve a single thing except more delay on a rebuild and the only thing keeping Ciro in the frame is his 5 year deal and Gus' endorsement and that they both have the same vision for improvement...if that changes and Gus sees no improvement then their bond is broken I guess and CC will be on thin ice.

We're all just tragic onlookers hoping the club succeeds once again.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another buzz Gus article
Has nothing to do with the buzz gus fued this time. This article and footage that was shown is 100% correct and stating the obvious that our players are Fucken shit and shouldn’t be in the team. I don’t like buzz or Gus wish both of them would finish up their jobs and not be seen or heard of anymore. Like majority of the guys in our team

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to admit it but yes it's hard to see it happening with all that much improvement for 2024. We'll at least have to wait to see if we get any more forwards. Gus and Ciro have said it's gonna get worse and that is manifesting itself now with the turmoil going on only the beginning it seems.

Rock and hard place but changing the Board, and/or Gus won't achieve a single thing except more delay on a rebuild and the only thing keeping Ciro in the frame is his 5 year deal and Gus' endorsement and that they both have the same vision for improvement...if that changes and Gus sees no improvement then their bond is broken I guess and CC will be on thin ice.

The Gould/Ciraldo partnership is a fascinating one. Lets not forget Gould placed ALL his trust in an unproven NRL coach with club in the worst position in it's history to a 5 year deal. He had choice of several proven experienced coaches but thought better of that. I believe if Ciraldo fails (I really hope he doesn't) Gould will walk away also. This is an all the eggs in one basket moment for him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Gould/Ciraldo partnership is a fascinating one. Lets not forget Gould placed ALL his trust in an unproven NRL coach with club in the worst position in it's history. He had choice of several proven experienced coaches but thought better of that. I believe if Ciraldo fails (I really hope he doesn't) Gould will walk away also. This is an all the eggs in one basket moment for him.
Yeah probably. The other way to think of it is Gus knew what needed doing right from the start and needed a coach who would work together closely with him to follow his way of doing stuff.

I think CC too inexperienced to tackle this tough job but here we are regardless.. with Batman and Robin and just have to hope they know what they're doing.

"VIA TELEGRAPH SPORT
Brent Read

The Bulldogs were on the receiving end of another belting at the weekend but it was nothing like the carnage that is on the way in the off season.

The Bulldogs are ready to lay down a marker as they attempt to put the dark days behind them. The text message that did the rounds over the weekend – this journalist was among those who received it – suggested eight players wanted out.

Bulldogs insiders insist that isn’t right, although they acknowledge the figure might be closer to four.

Regardless, don’t expect anyone to stand in their way if they don’t want to help bring about change under coach Cameron Ciraldo.

Ciraldo won’t be altering his path to accommodate a handful of players who are averse to hard work. If they don’t like it, they will be offered an exit.

If they stay, they will be expected to knuckle down and put in the hours. If that means being at the Bulldogs all day, that’s what they will be asked to do.

There is an acknowledgment at Belmore that the culture needs to change and with that in mind, the club has asked all its recruits a series of questions.

How much do you love footy? Do you want to train hard? Can you handle long days? They are the core qualities that are non-negotiable if you are to be a Bulldogs player from here
on in.

Those who are coming to the club have responded in the right way. Those who will be offered the chance to leave have blinked when confronted by the hard questions.

If you aren’t willing to make sacrifices, you won’t be welcome at the Bulldogs any more. Too many players have taken liberties and it has been reflected in the way the side has played this season.

The Bulldogs have been lambasted at times for the turnover of players but the truth is, change is desperately needed. Their defence has been an abomination at times this season, culminating in their embarrassing loss to Manly at the weekend.

It was like shelling peas for the Sea Eagles. They barely got out of second gear and still put 40 on the Bulldogs. The effort wasn’t up to first grade standard.

The whingeing and whining have become toxic. The standards have slipped. The results have shown that the Bulldogs aren’t a happy camp. They have some rotten apples and if they aren’t weeded out, things won’t change.

Ciraldo has his work cut out. When he got to Canterbury he knew he had a challenge to turn the club around. It is far greater than he or anyone else expected.

The culture is toxic and winning has become an after-thought. The Bulldogs finish their season against the Titans on Sunday on the Gold Coast.

A win would give them eight for the season, one more than they had last year. On paper, it’s an improvement.

It’s only on paper, though."

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If it's only 4 players as the club is "reported" to have confirmed to Read judging by kicks, tackles, body language, effort...one surely has to be Burton?...or is he fed up as well with the players CC is apparently pissed off with?

We'll find out soon if this report is true and they have been surveyed by Gus/CC and given the option of leaving.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Looks like we have a decent coach, but he has princesses whining about having to do a little bit of work.
Do you think Burton and Mahoney whinged about having to do work at their previous clubs, which both made grand finals?

I think blaming the players is a cop out. The players are obviously demotivated and uninspired because the coach is a clueless halfwit. Just look at the way he chops and changes the lineup every week. Look at how enthusiastic our players were last year under Potter and compare it to the zombies we're seeing on the field this year.

Come on, lafam, if the players aren't up for the fight, there is one bloke who is responsible for that. There's no point asking players to be there all day if you can't sell them on your vision because you don't have one and can't even decide who your best 17 is.

Ciraldo is utterly hopeless.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I think the biggest problem is CC isn’t inspiring them.
Yeh the defence suggests they arent motivated, and motivation is a coach's primary job. Its ciraldos first year so he gets a pass but if we continue with the same next year, no excuses and he has to go

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do you think Burton and Mahoney whinged about having to do work at their previous clubs, which both made grand finals?

I think blaming the players is a cop out. The players are obviously demotivated and uninspired because the coach is a clueless halfwit. Just look at the way he chops and changes the lineup every week. Look at how enthusiastic our players were last year under Potter and compare it to the zombies we're seeing on the field this year.

Come on, lafam, if the players aren't up for the fight, there is one bloke who is responsible for that. There's no point asking players to be there all day if you can't sell them on your vision because you don't have one and can't even decide who your best 17 is.

Ciraldo is utterly hopeless.
There's no denying that this must be a fairly big factor in what's going on. It is part of the problem that must be dealt with after Sunday when the review and carnage looks like it needs to begin.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Embarrassing. Bring on the football club elections. This club needs change fast to stop us from slipping further to even greater depths of misery. Its absolutely clear we are fucked under the current personnel.

Khoury must go and let the dominos fall.

Rethink, recharge, rebuild
Thanks for your input Raymond.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

@wendog33 my biggest issue is, at least to my mind, this board/exec are the least worst we've had, and that's saying something.

Another administration, again?! What could go wrong? We think we're bad now. We'll be dragons/tigers bad if the front office is fractured again or managed like theirs. IMHO anyway

I think it's this; if it's pathways, our expectations for next year should be no higher than this year. You cannot simply convert '20's talent to first grade in 24 months. The problem is measuring Gus and CC on '23,'24 results when their play is for '26, '27. If they're gone we'll never know. Good, bad or indifferent.

In my line of work, it's actually a simple decision tree;

We believe in pathways/Gus/CC and we're prepared to hurt for a while. No more talk or sack this or sack that. It's gonna hurt, hang in there. The years before them are sunk cost, so they don't count against the new administration, whether we like it or not.

Or,

We actually really want immediate results and all the talk is nice to hear, but time for a new administration. Then I would sack the lot, including the exec/board/Gus/CC, because there's no way Gus and CC stay with a new administration that is looking to do the opposite of what they are doing now. You just become the tigers then

I don't mind what they choose, but they can't choose both. Hurt now, win later (if you believe in the "P" word model Gus espouses), or try and get good now because the broncs did it