News Bought not bred: Stray Bulldogs have lost their way by losing sight of what made their club great

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well Redcliffe and Titans are new Queensland based teams with the smallest market and fan bases hence the lack of attention. Maybe go read the Courier-Mail for their stories?
No thanks champ.

Confident we will get back to the promised land, I don’t know when, but it will happen - fact remains, for the club to stop copping sh!t from the media and some supporters, we need to win games.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Plenty of talented youngsters yet to play NRL. This year look for Kaotoga, Papali'i, Haywood, maybe Todd and O'Niel. After that there is still Woods, Conti, Marshall. KO who has already made his debut and will be back in 25. Have not given up on Patolo and Morrin either, I may be optimistic but surely at least one of them will still be at the club in the years to come. Fifita from the bunnies might also turn into a steller signing.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bred not bought is not a thing any more. We do need strong lower grades sure in case of injury, and the odd great player will come from there, but teams cant keep all their bred players or wait years if they have poor lower grades, for new players. And half the lower grades came from somewhere else anyway.

There isnt a side in the comp that only has bred players, and a lot of the players we shed were not bred bulldogs anyway. So its a stupid and outdated article

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do these idiots in the media realise we did what we had to do as our juniors aren't ready yet or did they really expect us to play 10-12 kids this year and be 6m under the cap.
A win vs Sharks at Shark Park will drown out all this noise and one noise in particular, that salty pr!ck Buzz who lives in this forum under several alias names

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone who continually posts these pathetic Roar articles that make zero sense should be permabanned..

This article is all over the place.. They said Blake Wilson is a local junior. He's from QLD.. They also ignore that we won Matts and Flegg last year and soon will have a production line of junior talent that is promoted from within.
Completely agree. It's getting ridiculous now with these posts. Saw the title and didn't even bother reading.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do these idiots in the media realise we did what we had to do as our juniors aren't ready yet or did they really expect us to play 10-12 kids this year and be 6m under the cap.
No but Gould is definitely an easy target for them. While it's waaaaay to early criticise the NRL side there was allot of PR work done by the club during pre season again, the same as the year before.

Journos don't need much incentive to stick it to Gould and the NRL squad.

If we can beat the sharks which we should do this week with a decent performance you'll be reading very different articles next week. Victory is the best medicine to turn this negative reporting around.

6 tries to 2 win coming up if its dry
3 to 1 if it's raining.

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have I missed half a season or something? It's 1 round ffs !!! More concerning should be the performance of the Panthers on the weekend, and to a lesser extent the Dolphins