News Bought not bred: Stray Bulldogs have lost their way by losing sight of what made their club great

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The way our lower grades were neglected for a decade, mostly by Hasler, we didnt have enough bred players to make a FG side up, unless we ran even worse players than we have had. Just as much work has been done stacking our lower grades as FG recently, so hopefully that will mean we can breed some better players, as they will have better players around them, so they will all do better.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I managed to read the headline...
Read this truth now
What Greenberg & Hasler did to destroy our pathways,
Gus & Co are doing the opposite to fix it !!!
So stop Roaring your BULLSHIT.
Amen. Never a truer word spoken.

I laugh at people that want to sack Gus. Fair enough it’s taking A while which he has said all along. Who do you replace him with. Last time we had strong juniors was 2009-2012 and made 2 gfs on the back of that, before the team was ripped apart due to poor cap management. Yet the master of talent identification and a great mind of the game and world in general needs to be sacked :sweatsmile: lol.

Last edited:

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I’m optimistic that round 1 attack was just a bad day, if by round 3 we look no different then I’d say it’s time for ciro to go.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a load of crap…. The Storm are not full of Jr’s!
I think they’ve also got just one or two Jr’s that have come thru their systems…. The rest are imports!

It’s the way it is…. It’ll be another 2 or 3 years before the next crop of ACTUAL Jr’s from our SG Ball/Flegg get a gig in 1st grade

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Roar really is bottom of the barrell stuff.
I guess the sentiment from other fans is that you can't mass change your squad...
If you suck too bad, gotta keep the shit players forever and always suck so you keep your soul...
Fucking degenerate dribblers.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Amen. Never a truer word spoken.

I laugh at people that want to sack Gus. Fair enough it’s taking A while which he has said all along. Who do you replace him with. Last time we had strong juniors was 2009-2012 and made 2 gfs on the back of that, before the team was ripped apart due to poor cap management. Yet the master of talent identification and a great mind of the game and world is general needs to be sacked :sweatsmile: lol.
People some of whom supposedly are supporters are constantly attacking Gus,
Have these people ever asked why does News Crap people keep on attacking him, more importantly why they have been attacking our club for almost 3 decades,
Simple answer to that, they want us destroyed or weakened to the point that we will be forced to amalgamate or relocate.
Anyone tells you we are totally safe doesn't know their intentions, there is still the belief that there are too many teams in Sydney and the game needs to be spread Nationally.
By fixing our pathways and roster GUS has become a stumbling block, he is upsetting them, the reason why they are upset with us is for refusing to sign off Souffs, I wish the Souffs fans acknowledged our sacrifice !!!

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've stopped reading newspapers, The Roar and other crap written by supposed journalists (who, in my opinion, are as honest and factual as used car salesmen).

But it seems like every day I open TK there is a new (often regurgitated) article bagging the Dogs. Are other teams getting anywhere near as much attention in the media?

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
WE are certainly breeding thank you very much, our juniors are winning comps. In a couple of years it will come to light. Meanwhile i agree with Cameron, there were a lot of positives on Saturday. Defence was very good understanding our technique used. A few positional changes recommended, however i think we are on course.

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
From the listed top 30 squad, the local juniors are;
Kiraz, Patolo, Topine and Xerri, who played for Moorebank Rams as a junior.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fu<k me, one loss away from home in Parra’s backyard with a mere 41% possession and all the media outlets are making us out to be a sh!tshow.

Mind you, Titans and Dolphins got their arses handed to them in their backyard….

We’re either an extremely popular club to pick on based on click bait or everyone just hates us, of which, I kind of like that adversity (it’s flattering).
Do you think this is because we lost just once? Nothing to do the last 10 years? Hmm

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Could we please not have any more garbage tier opinion pieces by The Roar (and similar pretend sites). It's NOT news and shouldn't be labelled as news. It's pure crap and a waste of everyone's time.
What’s the difference between the opinion of that person and the 10,000 word dribble threads from 1967? It’s all discussion

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What's that got to do with this article that you posted and what was the motivation for posting it in the first place?

At least stay on topic with the article you posted and address the bullshit they wrote about if you're going to start a thread about it..
That's not dweebles style, he can only copy and paste what he reads

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From the listed top 30 squad, the local juniors are;
Kiraz, Patolo, Topine and Xerri, who played for Moorebank Rams as a junior.
Nothing new, forever we have relied on juniors from country NSW, Qld and NZ, played them in our junior teams system and called them OURS, Greenberg & Hasler abandoned that system.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you think this is because we lost just once? Nothing to do the last 10 years? Hmm
New season, last year means nothing in 2024. Some teams are protected, we cop the brunt of any negative sh!t. The only way this stops is by winning games, end of story.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
New season, last year means nothing in 2024. Some teams are protected, we cop the brunt of any negative sh!t. The only way this stops is by winning games, end of story.
Well Redcliffe and Titans are new Queensland based teams with the smallest market and fan bases hence the lack of attention. Maybe go read the Courier-Mail for their stories?