Bottlegate - Refs hit with bottles after Souths game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interchange official (the guy players hand their interchange numbered card to) gone to hospital with suspected broken shoulder. Raelene: "Even though we lost it is unacceptable for fans to throw bottles!! We will work to find the culprits!". Des: "That is not us".

garbo60

Waterboy
Reaction score
Gavin Morris hit in head with a bottle, and another official slipped and injured shoulder.

Nine reporting and blowing it up.

I just hope theres no issues on the trains on the way home..
What total idiots all this has done is taken the spotlight of the corrupt ref and onto the a few idiot fans

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
And the actions of few hot-headed individuals will make it hard for the rest of us fans. We will now cop retribution from every Bulldogs hater out there.

Did it get us back the points for the win? - Look at the scoreboard, it's still the same result. Will it penalise the club and supporters? - you bet it will.

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nine reporting that someone has been injured in a king hit assault after the game, and Police are converging around the stadium.

Watch us lose 2 comp points over this.
We have already had 2 points taken off us tonight

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Can we call it PLASTIC bottle gate.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
under no circumstances is the behavior of any of our fans today acceptable, what happens on the field stays on the field, how many of you saying the officials deserved if children were hurt in todays crap. would you be proud to have your kids with you today and thrown bottles onto the field, would you want to take your family to the footy again knowing that bulldogs fans condone this crap

ffs wake up to yourselves if thats how you want to behave go support another team and stop dragging our club through the mud, we will for months on now be scrutinized to the point of having police in every section of the stadium, and we will be over policed for every chant every action everything.

yes it was a dud call and we might have got screwed, but have a look back a few minutes art how we got into that situation as ask yourselves were we robbed

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just noticed the clumsy f**k fell over walking down the tunnel and hit the wall and did his shoulder.

Unless someone dug a hole in the stands and tossed a bottle down there it was his own doing, slipping on a wet floor.

A

Alexander the Great

The media all jizzed in each others mouths as soon as the first bottle was thrown, THE MEDIA were/are waiting for these headlines.... they will redirect the publics attention and focus on how bad our fans are
The way i see it....

The club his tried hard and so the fans to clean our image for years...but for years wr have taken shit. Bad calls and the bullshit gf last year wit the bell ringing...

Enough is enough.
Fuk the nrl and the other fans.
Why should we sit here and take the dick an not fight back...

Fuk em

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually I don't condone shit like this but when a referee rips you off like that it's hard not to retaliate. People pay good money for tickets, transport, parking & food to get to games to watch their teams play and getting ripped off like that is a spit in the face of all the supporters.
I feel pretty much the same but you just can't do it. I had an almost empty water bottle in my hand and almost threw it, but didn't. At the end of the day it only makes the situation worse, as we will see. The media backlash is already bad. It's even worse because it came from the members area.

I agree with the sentiment about paying and making effort etc. though. I live 4 hours away and mainly came down for the game. It was raining too but the fans made the effort to go out there and the way the game played out, it's easy to understand why some people couldn't control their anger. I've been to hundreds of games and have probably never felt so ripped off.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sportsbet are refunding bets for bulldogs to win and win 1-12. How unusual is this?

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
We dominated the whole game and the referee was the one that kept them so close. This reaction was not because of this dud call. It was the way he kept on screwing us and then that topped it off. Theres only so much some people can take. I hope the NRL can see where that fan is coming from and can come out and say that the referee is not up to NRL standard. This happens week in week out and a lot of people are sick of it. People are walking away from the game because the refs are incompetent.
under no circumstances is the behavior of any of our fans today acceptable, what happens on the field stays on the field, how many of you saying the officials deserved if children were hurt in todays crap. would you be proud to have your kids with you today and thrown bottles onto the field, would you want to take your family to the footy again knowing that bulldogs fans condone this crap

ffs wake up to yourselves if thats how you want to behave go support another team and stop dragging our club through the mud, we will for months on now be scrutinized to the point of having police in every section of the stadium, and we will be over policed for every chant every action everything.

yes it was a dud call and we might have got screwed, but have a look back a few minutes art how we got into that situation as ask yourselves were we robbed

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gavin Morris hit in head with a bottle, and another official slipped and injured shoulder.

Nine reporting and blowing it up.

I just hope theres no issues on the trains on the way home..
The same thing happened last week against the Tigers, And a guy took on the cops after attacking the refs and was arrested, surely someone has this footage? It was right on full time and I'm certain bottles were thrown

Last edited by a moderator:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
IF Klemmer doesn't blow his nut, and IF Graham managed to stay a little calmer, and IF a few people in the audience had managed to hang onto their water, we might right now be looking at Dessie ripping the NRL+Refs a new one.

The behaviour of a few players and the fans has robbed him of that, instead he has had to backtrack and eat humble pie. I'm sure he'll still be swapping a few emails with Tony Archer this week, but even they are going to be watered down. For a small moment there we could have had the vast majority of everyone associated with the NRL - officials, players, fans, in our corner. Instead we've gone from being victims to badguys in the space of a few minutes.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately no good will come out of this for our club.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not the real Brandy according to him on the Johns show the other day.

I was about to say, "I wonder if he felt the same a few years ago when penrith fans threw coins at people", but then remembered him saying he's not on twitter.

While it's unfortunate that some people threw bottles at the refs, most teams' fans have done it at some point. The fact the bloke slipped and dislocated or broke his shoulder makes it much worse though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't condone this in anyway. I condone Graham and Klemmer losing it on the field and I think Des should have lost it in the press conference but the poor decision is no excuse for poor fan behaviour.

We would be looking at a week of the media digging in to the refs but instead we'll be looking at a week of the media digging in the fans, all of us. They'll paint us all as scum because some poor fans lost their minds.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't condone this in anyway. I condone Graham and Klemmer losing it on the field and I think Des should have lost it in the press conference but the poor decision is no excuse for poor fan behaviour.

We would be looking at a week of the media digging in to the refs but instead we'll be looking at a week of the media digging in the fans, all of us. They'll paint us all as scum because some poor fans lost their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.