Bottlegate : Police wish to speak with the following ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
wake up to yourself you think that reporting someone will put the shine back on the logo lol
The SMH is actually running the story as their top story online tonight.

Apparently some plastic bottles thrown by emotional fans is the most important news story in the state/country/world right now.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Its going to remain a debated issue regardless, but my guess is Lichaa and Kas would have got off as their charges where totally ridiculous, even if the other charges where left alone, to accept guilt on those two, then tell the media you had no choice is a cop out... If you where worried as the CEO of the bottle throwing and ref decent, I can see letting the other two go, but to accept Lichaa and Kas where valid was stupid, they clearly where not.

If that was a PR move, it was a bad one, the Bulldogs look worse for accepting all of them where valid. Its not enough to call for Castle's head, but it is a mark against her as CEO imo, that was poor.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Apparently some plastic bottles thrown by emotional fans is the most important news story in the state/country/world right now.
As they would, the attention is gone from the poor performance of the refs and 100% on the Bulldogs...... because Greenberg played it better than Castle did by a long margin.

Greenberg jumped in to protect the NRL for their part, Castle accepted everything that days was our fault. Great for the NRL, bad for the Bulldogs (and reality).

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
I'm saying that Raelene taking a softly softly approach does nothing because regardless of her actions we are going to still be targetted unfairly.
Ok cool , thats your opinion and you're entitled to it , my opinion is that fighting it would create more animosity towards the club from everywhere , media , fans , companies looking to invest via sponsorship and I don't think that is the best way to go about it , you gotta pick your battles and that (again in my opinion) would be a losing one

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
As they would, the attention is gone from the poor performance of the refs and 100% on the Bulldogs...... because Greenberg played it better than Castle did by a long margin.

Greenberg jumped in to protect the NRL for their part, Castle accepted everything that days was our fault. Great for the NRL, bad for the Bulldogs (and reality).
Is this the same ahe cee from 2003/2004 on the kennel??

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
wake up to yourself you think that reporting someone will put the shine back on the logo lol
No I was referring to the "haters can go fu(k em selves" part, it's exactly the reaction the haters want from you .... Rise above & don't bring yourself down to the haters level. No I'm not going to be reporting anyone , I wouldn't know any of them if they stood up in my soup.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Out of our hands. Let them have their glory with stories on the bad dogs. Notice the bali9 duo rarely get a mention. Eventually it will just be another incident in the memory bank. If fans can't stomach the stigma they might be following the wrong club. Sucks that some spectators overstepped the mark though but that's life. They weren't molotov cocktails at least.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I was referring to the "haters can go fu(k em selves" part, it's exactly the reaction the haters want from you .... Rise above & don't bring yourself down to the haters level. No I'm not going to be reporting anyone , I wouldn't know any of them if they stood up in my soup.
I misunderstood your post. My sincere apologies RO11LR

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Indiandog it obvious you're a very passionate fan but your victim mentality will get the club nowhere fast , these idiots throwing bottles have undone a lot of the good work that has been done by the club over the past 10 years that you've mentioned. The sooner these idiots are no longer attending our games the better off the club will be , it doesn't matter which clubs fans have done what previously , this is happening to us now and it needs to be resolved so we can go forward. Many good , well behaved fans don't attend games anymore due to the stigma attached with being a Bulldogs fans and I'm not saying that I agree with this attitude of fans of other clubs saying shit like "all bulldogs fans are the same" etc but it exists and the only way to counter this attitude is for us to show up , support our team in a positive way and not throw things and spit the dummy like little kids that don't get their own way, actions speak louder than words (or emails). It's going to take a while , maybe a few years but we need to stop arming the media, other fans and people in general that think all dogs fans are trouble by acting right.
Parra fans threw coins 3 years ago but their fans still feel safe at games. Why? Because there isn't perpetual outrage attached to every move made by Parra fans. The NRL and the media don't go nuts unless it's Bulldogs fans. A few waterbottles get thrown by Bulldogs fans and suddenly it's the bottle-ocolypse ©.

It's not a victim mentality to request equal treatment.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Parra fans threw coins 3 years ago but their fans still feel safe at games. Why? Because there isn't perpetual outrage attached to every move made by Parra fans. The NRL and the media don't go nuts unless it's Bulldogs fans. A few waterbottles get thrown by Bulldogs fans and suddenly it's the bottle-ocolypse ©.

Well done Symm, couldnt have said better.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, although even back when scrums where real and you didn't get a few week ban for accidentally hurting someone in a tackle, it still wasn't allowed (and, you don't have to look that far back to see when its happened before).

Personally, I'm not looking to defend anyone who did it, I more so just don't really care.... its the NRL and the media building it up like its a first, and the biggest deal in the world. Seriously, they where water bottles.... where it not for a clumsy ref trying to dodge one, slip and break a bone, we wouldn't even he hearing about it.

I say ANZ are behind pumping up the story to avoid the clear OH&S issue with a ref slipping on the flooring and breaking a bone to avoid a compo claim.

Throw a half empty water bottle at me right now.... I'll say "ow" then move on, its really not such a deadly weapon :p
Well said. I don't support or justify the throwing of things onto the field, or at the refs, but the hysteria over it is alarming and ridiculous. It was made out to be MUCH worse than it really is.

Also, I was there and the thought went through my head. I don't think it ever has in the hundreds of other games I've attended. This is why I won't label those responsible as "scum" etc. in the heat of that moment, most of us were fuming.

I also understand the frustration that similar incidents haven't been dealt with the same. It's not justification for throwing things (I don't think anyone has said that) but it's unfair to be treated more harshly. Simple as that. That being said I don't think I've seen that many things thrown since the SOO we've mentioned.

Ahecee makes a good point too, re: those unsafe tiles they had out there. It doesn't take Einstein to figure out they'd be unsafe when wet.

Anyway, much like Ahecee I don't really care. I'm not happy it happened and it was stupid, but the way it's being treated as a horrible crime is laughable.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
Indiandog it obvious you're a very passionate fan but your victim mentality will get the club nowhere fast , these idiots throwing bottles have undone a lot of the good work that has been done by the club over the past 10 years that you've mentioned. The sooner these idiots are no longer attending our games the better off the club will be , it doesn't matter which clubs fans have done what previously , this is happening to us now and it needs to be resolved so we can go forward. Many good , well behaved fans don't attend games anymore due to the stigma attached with being a Bulldogs fans and I'm not saying that I agree with this attitude of fans of other clubs saying shit like "all bulldogs fans are the same" etc but it exists and the only way to counter this attitude is for us to show up , support our team in a positive way and not throw things and spit the dummy like little kids that don't get their own way, actions speak louder than words (or emails). It's going to take a while , maybe a few years but we need to stop arming the media, other fans and people in general that think all dogs fans are trouble by acting right.

Well if Bulldogs fans don't throw said bottles there is no need to request equal treatment , yes ?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its going to remain a debated issue regardless, but my guess is Lichaa and Kas would have got off as their charges where totally ridiculous, even if the other charges where left alone, to accept guilt on those two, then tell the media you had no choice is a cop out... If you where worried as the CEO of the bottle throwing and ref decent, I can see letting the other two go, but to accept Lichaa and Kas where valid was stupid, they clearly where not.

If that was a PR move, it was a bad one, the Bulldogs look worse for accepting all of them where valid. Its not enough to call for Castle's head, but it is a mark against her as CEO imo, that was poor.

acceptance of punishment is acceptance of guilt. period.

Accepting 9 weeks of suspension with a smile on the face is even worse and People thought coping it all from NRL will make the issue go away, guess what its still making head lines.

Why we didnt protest against the suspension cos some members of the public who threw bottles were wearing bulldogs gear then this is piss weak excuse cos next time Eric Grothe will be wearing a bulldog jersey and throwing bottles in the ground. I wonder what Raylene would do then?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well if Bulldogs fans don't throw said bottles there is no need to request equal treatment , yes ?

so its ok to throw coins? not the water bottles

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think a few posters on here threw bottles ahahaha

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
so its ok to throw coins? not the water bottles
No , you're putting words in my mouth , if our fans don't throw bottles then we are better than fans that throw anything , those that threw the bottles are bring themselves and the rest of us down to their level , I don't want that.

Calm down mate , no need to be so mad all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.