Bondi stabbing

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
An acquaintance/fb friend posted yesterday assuring everyone he knows that he and his family were "safe".

Ffs, he lives in the Hills District. This would be like me here in Brisbane assuring people I'm ok when an incident is unfolding on the Gold Coast.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
just sickening what happened yesterday, add that to the stabbing in QLD shopping center a couple of months ago, you start to question if your safe anywhere when going about your business
is it time for security guards to be armed
Thankfully these incidents are few and far between. Last incident like this that I can recall (not counting the Lindt seige which in my view, was different), was Strathfield in 91, and of course, Port Arthur.

Tbh, I don't think giving your average shopping centre security guard a gun would end well.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if we are going to speak in hypotheticals, whats to say this monster wouldnt have been taken out by a sensible gun owner just out doing his or her shopping? may have prevented a lot of pain and heartache. hypothetical of course.:upset:
Lets do another hypothetical.

Sensible gun owner pulls a gun in a high pressure situation like the one at Bondi.

Gets off 3 shots.

Kills the attacker.

The 2 shots that miss kills a mother or a child.

Or 3 sensible gun owners pull their guns at once, how many innocents get killed in the crossfire?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but as you see from my previous posts i am not talking about a non trained/skilled person.
I am talking about someone who is trained and skilled in such scenarios.
You cannot compare a member of society to a trained professional.
Apples and oranges
Even if you were what you think the movie portray when a superhuman shoots a gun (with no recoil LOL). There is a chance you will miss that small, fast moving target.

Now. If you were a marvel superhero who could shoot that well. Although even 10% chance of missing. Would you risk the small, fast moving target. Or go for centre mass?

What you are proposing is out of the realm of reality

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Myself and DoggFather have both been trained in firearms. Definitely not to the level police officers get trained, but enough to know how hard it is to hit a target even in ideal conditions.

You're right about the training part though. They are trained to deal with these things. And from what I understand (again, not a police officer) police are trained to aim for the chest and that's what she did.
Trained to aim for the chest for a reason.

No amount of training will increase the chances of succesfully shooting a leg under pressure and it stopping the target before a knife is in your neck.

If you shoot. It's because you or someone else is in imminent danger. It's not taken lighty. It's not a movie. The person pulling the trigger doesn't want this. Its forced on them because of circumstance.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Trained to aim for the chest for a reason.

No amount of training will increase the chances of succesfully shooting a leg under pressure and it stopping the target before a knife is in your neck.

If you shoot. It's because you or someone else is in imminent danger. It's not taken lighty. It's not a movie. The person pulling the trigger doesn't want this. Its forced on them because of circumstance.
Talking to my detective cousin and colleagues, they dred drawing their guns, on so many different levels.

We aren't murika or back in the cowboys days. Plus I'm sure 99.99% of the trigger happy recruits get weeded out very quickly.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Talking to my detective cousin and colleagues, they dred drawing their guns, on so many different levels.

We aren't murika or back in the cowboys days. Plus I'm sure 99.99% of the trigger happy recruits get weeded out very quickly.
100%.

It just boggles my mind. How people would want a person to significantly increase the risk of their lives (by aiming for a small, fast moving target), rather than to stop the threat with much more certainty. The threat which is putting that person or others in imminent danger.

Keyboard warriors who have no real experience in combat or conflict shouldn't make such outlandish statements without any evidence to back them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lets do another hypothetical.

Sensible gun owner pulls a gun in a high pressure situation like the one at Bondi.

Gets off 3 shots.

Kills the attacker.

The 2 shots that miss kills a mother or a child.

Or 3 sensible gun owners pull their guns at once, how many innocents get killed in the crossfire?
Yep. Remember the Lindt Cafe siege where the woman died? She was killed by a police bullet that ricocheted off a wall. And that was a well trained counter-terrorism police officer.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
An acquaintance/fb friend posted yesterday assuring everyone he knows that he and his family were "safe".

Ffs, he lives in the Hills District. This would be like me here in Brisbane assuring people I'm ok when an incident is unfolding on the Gold Coast.
I had three friends post that. None of them ever go anywhere near Bondi. I have friends that live in Bondi that didn't do that 'cause they know it's stupid.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
See what I mean by dickheads pushing agendas.... like how does that feminist know he was a "misogynist"?

He is a demon **** for sure but why was there need to push her agenda when "reporting" a tradegy.
Ugh dont worry about the site. Pay no attention. I prob shouldnt have posted that one but it was the only one that had his pic.

The other agenda going on with this he picked women as his targets ( as you do) except for the security guard.

But yeah people just go with agendas. I didnt mean to promote that. Just wanted to clarify he was a guard and a visitor here and died doing his job protecting people.

Edit: the re posted tweets are just concentrating on the fallen guard as a hero so thats good.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ugh dont worry about the site. Pay no attention. I prob shouldnt have posted that one but it was the only one that had his pic.

The other agenda going on with this he picked women as his targets ( as you do) except for the security guard.

But yeah people just go with agendas. I didnt mean to promote that. Just wanted to clarify he was a guard and a visitor here and died doing his job protecting people.

Edit: the re posted tweets are just concentrating on the fallen guard as a hero so thats good.
Na wasn't having a go at you at all. Just pointing out gutter "reporting". By adding her opinion she has taken focus away from the poor bloke.

MSM and the alternate media are the same shit.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Na wasn't having a go at you at all. Just pointing out gutter "reporting". By adding her opinion she has taken focus away from the poor bloke.

MSM and the alternate media are the same shit.
Exactly right Ed. I shouldn't have posted really it for sure.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I mentioned before when I first heard of it I thought I'd go into King of knives or a kitchenWare shop and grabbed 2 knives.

But fight or flight is real so I can't judge anyone that was there.
Everyone reacts different when shit goes down. Hard to see women being attacked and not to do anything though.