Bondi stabbing

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Some dude goes nuts with a knife. Within minutes my missus is calling me telling me there's a terrorist attack at Bondi. 10 mins later its multiple crack heads. 10 minutes after that the terrorists have guns.

Social media is populated by fckwits. Just another example. My missus is not excluded.

Fair play to the chick cop. Goes in to the centre by herself and unloads on the fckr. Give her a medal.

So, since some here are more than happy to point at this religious group or that ethnicity for the cause, when it comes out (most likely) it was a mental health episode - are we going to smash this govt and previous govts for diminishing mental health care year after year? No. Not sexy for social media I guess.

Thats all I want to say.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Single attacker according to Police, no motive known at this stage.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What were security doing at the time, makes me wonder.

Makes more sense to have armed guards in public places because security did shit all.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What were security doing at the time, makes me wonder.

Makes more sense to have armed guards in public places because security did shit all.
Security don't handle situations like this. They're actively encouraged to not engage even if the guy is stabbing people. And even if they were told to engage, most security workers are underpaid and often they came to Australia on a work visa. They wouldn't put their lives at risk for this role. And they're not expected to.

Armed guards is a good idea, but it's just not viable in Australia. Armed security guards require special licenses and training that aren't easy to get. The result is that armed guards are paid much more than normal guards.

Security guards in Australia act as deterrance. If any real situation starts, they call police and they get the hell out of there. But it varies by role. Event or pub security for example are usually encouraged to deal with hostile situations, but they're also paid more than mall or commercial security guards.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Security don't handle situations like this. They're actively encouraged to not engage even if the guy is stabbing people. And even if they were told to engage, most security workers are underpaid and often they came to Australia on a work visa. They wouldn't put their lives at risk for this role. And they're not expected to.

Armed guards is a good idea, but it's just not viable in Australia. Armed security guards require special licenses and training that aren't easy to get. The result is that armed guards are paid much more than normal guards.

Security guards in Australia act as deterrance. If any real situation starts, they call police and they get the hell out of there. But it varies by role. Event or pub security for example are usually encouraged to deal with hostile situations, but they're also paid more than mall or commercial security guards.
Yeah those guys are on peanuts.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Hard to believe that a group of people couldnt over power him or grab a metal object, chair, table or anything to pin him down or knock him out, very sad to hear that the vunerable appear to have been left behind while everyone ran away.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad the **** is dead and was footage of him dead on the ground with the hero officer standing over him doing the John cena you can’t see me wave!

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heart breaking stuff. Sending the best to everyone down in Sydney and hoping that your family and friends aren't caught up in this nightmare.