Bondi five whacked by Bulldogs for boozy breach

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So has this all been swept under the carpet now? You’d think we would have heard about sanctions by now.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL 2021: Canterbury’s Covid breachers await fate after fronting marathon disciplinary hearings

Already sanctioned by the NRL, the five Canterbury players who breached the Covid bubble last month are now nervously awaiting what punishment the club will dish out.
Canterbury‘s Covid five are now anxiously awaiting their fate after fronting a marathon five-hour board meeting on Tuesday night. The Bulldogs board conducted what was described as “individual disciplinary hearings” for Dylan Napa, Brandon Wakeham, Corey Waddell, Sione Katoa and Aaron Schoupp.
The NRL has sanctioned the five players for breaching the game‘s bio protocols on June 20 by visiting two different pubs in Sydney’s eastern suburbs. But the Bulldogs are yet to hand down the club‘s punishment.
It‘s believed the board will notify each player of any punishment over the violations in the coming days. It is also believed the veteran forward Napa missed training the morning after the drinking session in a move that is unlikely to have gone down well with the club‘s administrators and coaching staff. The NRL has already hit Napa with a $5000 fine.
Wakeham, Waddell, Katoa and Schoupp were also issued individual breach notices with a total of $9750 in fines. The Bulldogs were also whacked with a $50,000 fine after the NRL alleged that the Belmore club failed to explain the change in Covid restrictions leaving players “confused”. The players, minus Wakeham, returned to coach Trent Barrett’s outfit last weekend against the Sydney Roosters after completing 14 days of isolation following the bubble breach.
On the recruitment front, Canterbury are still waiting to hear from the Brisbane Broncos about a possible release for forward Tevita Pangai Jr from the final year of his deal at Red Hill. The Bulldogs are in dialogue with both Pangai Jr and his management after tabling a three-year contract, but from season 2022. While the Broncos are open to an immediate release, the Bulldogs have no appetite for Pangai Jr to make the switch to Belmore this season. One suitor open to taking on Pangai Jr before the deadline for mid-season transfers on August 1 is the Wests Tigers.
Pangai will return from a three-match suspension in round 20, the weekend before the mid-season deadline and when any immediate switch is likely to take place.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
wanted by the club, or NOT, this behaviour is still ridiculous, some people just don’t learn, they are meant to be professional sports players, there are rules with that title, and If you want to be paid good money, to do something you love.. then play by those rules, no excuse, I don’t not turn up to my job, it’s the principle.!!!

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This constant shit tells us there is an issue with our culture.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
wanted by the club, or NOT, this behaviour is still ridiculous, some people just don’t learn, they are meant to be professional sports players, there are rules with that title, and If you want to be paid good money, to do something you love.. then play by those rules, no excuse, I don’t not turn up to my job, it’s the principle.!!!
100 % Scooby and this why Vaughn doesn’t give me a chubby. I am fucking sick of our club bending over and copping it like a bitch.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Already sanctioned by the NRL, the five Canterbury players who breached the Covid bubble last month are now nervously awaiting what punishment the club will dish out.

Canterbury‘s Covid five are now anxiously awaiting their fate after fronting a marathon five-hour board meeting on Tuesday night.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
100 % Scooby and this why Vaughn doesn’t give me a chubby. I am fucking sick of our club bending over and copping it like a bitch.
Yup have to agree mate, I mean Vaughn would be far better upgrade than Napa etc don’t get me wrong, but circumstances make me more hesitant on his signing also..!!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As usual club very slow act,perfect excuse to get rid of Napa,especially after he’s previous efforts.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Keystone cops atm. Probably discipline these blokes then sign Vaughan.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
the club gets fines 50k

then wants to turn around and blame the players

Clowns in the boardroom

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sack Wakeham, Waddell, Napa, and Katoa. Retain Lewis, sign Vaughan, get TPJ over the line.