Bold Bulldogs prediction from Fox sports

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Sexton will get 1st shot at the no 7, but if he is not killing it come round 1 (in training and trials) I think he NRL career is over.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said such thing about Walker and dont recall anyone else doing it either. Hutchison and walkers paths of there first 27yrs are complete opposite

Ur so desperate for an argument or troll session that uve thrown ur rugby league IQ (as little as that might be) right out the window. Stop trolling and ruining thread discussion please. For the good of the forum experience of everyone
@04 Dreaming well said. No doubt they're a troll and multi account with the other True Believers accounts.

Roosters have 26 on the books for next year. Still 4 spots left. They made zero effort to retain Hutchinson and Turpin. They preferred Docker Clay ahead of Turpin. We sign both to 2yr deals.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said such thing about Walker and dont recall anyone else doing it either. Hutchison and walkers paths of there first 27yrs are complete opposite

Ur so desperate for an argument or troll session that uve thrown ur rugby league IQ (as little as that might be) right out the window. Stop trolling and ruining thread discussion please. For the good of the forum experience of everyone
Look, I'm not fluent in IDIOT, but I’ll do my best to spell it out slowly for you ...

Not once have I mentioned that you said anything about Walker ?

I said flaccid dicks “like yourself” we’re saying things ..

I’m not surprised you wouldn’t remember anything being said … you’re clearly not the shiniest penny in the group ..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@04 Dreaming well said. No doubt they're a troll and multi account with the other True Believers accounts.

Roosters have 26 on the books for next year. Still 4 spots left. They made zero effort to retain Hutchinson and Turpin. They preferred Docker Clay ahead of Turpin. We sign both to 2yr deals.
The facts are you have no idea why those two are no longer at the Roosters, you’re just agitating through speculation .. it could also be the Roosters wanted to keep them, but the players felt they had a better chance of playing more games being blocked at their current club .. maybe Roosters have juniors they want to retain and promote .. again, all just speculation … but the below describes you very well ..

VERBAL DIARRHEA

noun: verbal diarrhea
the quality or habit of talking too much.
"most trolls seem to be inflicted with a swollen ego and verbal diarrhoea"

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Sexton will get 1st shot at the no 7, but if he is not killing it come round 1 (in training and trials) I think he NRL career is over.
I don’t know about career over, as that’s a bit extreme, but I believe he has the ability to be a very good hb. The way he started for us was amazing. He played his best game in NRL for his Bulldogs debut. This was also said by the dude on BSB the other day. In the Broncos game, we were in a good contest, then Cobbo was sin binned for fending Sex in the head. Losing him for the rest of the match, we got flogged. Coincidence? Maybe, but I definitely think he’s potentially our long term hb. We’ll find out in a few months.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Then perhaps you can explain how it is that Burton managed;

More try assists that Munster, more than Luai, the same as Dylan Brown and only 1 less than Reynolds.
The same number of line breaks as Cleary, Tino, Manu and NAS.
More line break assists than Tedesco, Wighton, Moses, Grant, Hammer, Dearden and Townsend.

FMD I could easily pull out examples of the stupid shit that Munster did in multiple games, Reynolds dumb arse shorts kick in the GF, Tedesco running around in circles in SOO etc etc, shit that makes anything Burton did pale into insignificance.

The facts were that in our team last season he was heavily marked, we didn't have many other quality players that took the opposition's attention away from him. He was a farkin solo target for the opposition teams in most games. It's rather amazing that he achieved the same number of lines breaks as Cleary and Manu who have quality players around them to attract the opposition defence. More try assists than Munster, FMD considering the quality players Munster has around him to score the tries that he is assisting.

Don't get me wrong, we all know he has a lot of room to improve, but he was far from as bad as some would make out.

Always a Bulldog
Lets forget about Munster, Cleary, Tedesco etc and just look at Burton. Comparing stats to other players is justification, excuses and juts loser mentality to be honest. Burton is being paid potential dollars.

I would think potential means gradual improvement. Add to that he was upgraded.
I dont think its an unrealistic expectation for a bloke being paid on potential to show some improvement.
He is co captain.
He is still making the same rookie errors after 2 years on the field which his team mates have to defend.
After both SOO series he has returned looking totally disinterested for the rest of the year. The Club pushes the pride in the jersey, what it means to wear the jersey fluf. This is footy and there is no hiding behind words when your out there on the footy field.
Preston always gives 100%. Wilson has shortcomings but gave 100%. Reed had a poor year but I never questioned his effort, you could see he gave 100%.
Burton cops what he deserves because of his attitude which is shown by his actions on the footy field.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lets forget about Munster, Cleary, Tedesco etc and just look at Burton. Comparing stats to other players is justification, excuses and juts loser mentality to be honest. Burton is being paid potential dollars.

I dont think its an unrealistic expectation for a bloke being paid on potential to show some improvement.
He is co captain.
He is still making the same rookie errors after 2 years on the field which his team mates have to defend.
After both SOO series he has returned looking totally disinterested for the rest of the year. The Club pushes the pride in the jersey, what it means to wear the jersey fluf. This is footy and there is no hiding behind words when your out there on the footy field.
Preston always gives 100%. Wilson has shortcomings but gave 100%. Reed had a poor year but I never questioned his effort, you could see he gave 100%.
Burton cops what he deserves because of his attitude which is shown by his actions on the footy field.
Have to disagree about burton effort, that should not be in question. Yes his execution was not where it should be but he was always trying

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have to disagree about burton effort, that should not be in question. Yes his execution was not where it should be but he was always trying
Fair enough. I disagree but thats your opinion.
What area of his game has improved in the last 2 years?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

He is co captain.
Burton’s attitude is something you (and some others) are judging based on your expectations of what the appropriate attitude should be. But as everyone knows, as individuals we all have different attitudes AND then people interpret and judge those different attitudes based on their own personal perceptions. A highly inaccurate basis for judgement.

I understand why you want to ignore facts about other comparable players but they are actually very relevant. The fact is Reynolds has admitted that he made “rookie errors” in the grand final and he’s had far more experience than Burton. NRL players make mistakes, they are human, as they gain more physical fitness, more mental fitness, more NRL experience the rookie errors decrease, but they never disappear. Fatigue both physical and mental affects NRL Players, that’s a fact and it takes years to learn how to work through that so it doesn’t affect their game as much. But it still will never get to zero, just ask the Donkeys, they made shitloads of rookie mistakes in the last 20 minutes due to fatigue.

Always a Bulldog

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton’s attitude is something you (and some others) are judging based on your expectations of what the appropriate attitude should be. But as everyone knows, as individuals we all have different attitudes AND then people interpret and judge those different attitudes based on their own personal perceptions. A highly inaccurate basis for judgement.

I understand why you want to ignore facts about other comparable players but they are actually very relevant. The fact is Reynolds has admitted that he made “rookie errors” in the grand final and he’s had far more experience than Burton. NRL players make mistakes, they are human, as they gain more physical fitness, more mental fitness, more NRL experience the rookie errors decrease, but they never disappear. Fatigue both physical and mental affects NRL Players, that’s a fact and it takes years to learn how to work through that so it doesn’t affect their game as much. But it still will never get to zero, just ask the Donkeys, they made shitloads of rookie mistakes in the last 20 minutes due to fatigue.

Always a Bulldog
I dont care about other teams. My expectation has never changed. It is incremental improvement. Not an unrealistic expectation at all.
Ive been watching the Dogs 40+ years so I dont think Im totally clueless. Anyways we obviously have a different opinion on the matter.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've been one of Burton's biggest supporters since we signed him but there's no doubting that last year he had multiple games where he had repeated shocking and lazy efforts in defence where he wasn't trying or putting his body on the line..

You could say that about several other players too, but Burton was one of the worst culprits in that regard last year and was repeatedly targeted by other teams in defence for that reason. Hopefully he and the coaches have worked hard on holding him accountable for that this preseason, because for him to become the player he can be, he needs to sort out his defence first.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree....his defence at times was paper thin which put us under pressure time and time again

Being a co captain I would have liked to see a bit more desperation and commitment in defence

RFM as well never showed the effort or commitment of a leader

Reed Mahoney on the other hand, you couldn't question his effort or commitment to the point where he was trying too hard on some occasions

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
@04 Dreaming I rate Toby Sexton. Good halfback. Not getting a go at Titans a reflection on what a bad coach Holbrook is and nothing to do with Toby. They win a lot of games if he was the halfback instead of Boyd.
also they recently changed holbrooks name to des hasler. shows the faith the club had in their temporary coach

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fair enough. I disagree but thats your opinion.
What area of his game has improved in the last 2 years?
Im not talking about improvement you questioned his effort and dedication to the team. You clearly dont understand team sports, no one enters the field in that manner. Really is a stupid comment if i am being honest