News Board unrest

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
this is decided by the members in the end I guess, but I think it has to.
The current board is in place until Feb 2023 and yeah maybe they want to keep their hands on the levers of power I don't know.
I'm hopeful however that they do the right thing by the club. Personally I think Lynne should step down in 2023.
Feb 2022 mate. Elections are every 2 years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know why there would be board unrest when we've been overachieving for three straight seasons.

Lynne is crunching more numbers as we speak and admiring other teams from afar so I don't know what everyone is complaining about.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good post. Obviously a dollop (or maybe a scoop) of cynicism but you’re right - warring factions are going to do more harm than good. My view is that after 4 years (come next election) it’s inevitable that there is (and should be) an alternative ticket to test the incumbents and outline their vision for the club. The members will decide accordingly. For whatever reason no alternative ticket stood just 5 months ago but suddenly there’s so much noise. I think the talk of an EGM is overstated and whoever feels they can assemble a better approach from 2022, well get planning and let’s hear it. I’ll certainly listen but for the sake of the club the current agitation should stop.
I see the current agitation as a good thing to be honest it removes any comfort zone the board may have had from not having to face a rival ticket at the last election.

With the current state of the club there is always going to be differing opinions on how and who is the running the place.

The current board have been shown a lot of patience since 2018 and now they have their time to shine they can shut down the noise pretty easily by making some moves.

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seems like Raymond Dib along with his cronies, have been sharing some cold winter nights by the camp fire and bottles of Jack Daniels with Buzz Rothfield.

Buzz Rothfield will go down as the greatest alcoholic degenerate in Rugby League journalism, while Raymond Dib will go down as the man who brought the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs to their knees.

Has their been any legal action taken against Raymond Dib for all of the millions of dollars he has cost the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
this is decided by the members in the end I guess, but I think it has to.
The current board is in place until Feb 2023 and yeah maybe they want to keep their hands on the levers of power I don't know.
I'm hopeful however that they do the right thing by the club. Personally I think Lynne should step down in 2023.
The members can only vote for whoever puts their hand up though. If the only people that want to run the place are part of factions there's not much the members can do.

I'd be surprised if Lynne lasts to the next election to be honest.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I see the current agitation as a good thing to be honest it removes any comfort zone the board may have had from not having to face a rival ticket at the last election.

With the current state of the club there is always going to be differing opinions on how and who is the running the place.

The current board have been shown a lot of patience since 2018 and now they have their time to shine they can shut down the noise pretty easily by making some moves.
I hear what you’re saying but if they thought they were comfortable that’s pretty poor. They simply must expect opposition next time. There’s still so much to accomplish before anyone could consider their tenure a success. Just wondering if there’s a top hat or an ace that no-one else has seen yet...

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The members can only vote for whoever puts their hand up though. If the only people that want to run the place are part of factions there's not much the members can do.

I'd be surprised if Lynne lasts to the next election to be honest.
hey mate what's the story with Steve Price, is he still working at home from Queensland?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Steve is a quality human, a no-nonsense leader and a Bankstown boy to boot. Not sure what it would take to prise him away from his role at CA, but raising the profile of those associated with the club at board and exec level would likely be a good thing - not unlike what the Chooks did with another Canterbury district junior - Mark Bouris.
I was listening to a podcast about Bouris a few months ago and he loved the Dogs until Super League and his old man is still a huge fan. He fell out of love when we signed with Super League and that's when Packer and Politis turned him to the dark side.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
nah @DinkumDog he's, just as bad,

plays the role of politician too much, never forms his own opinion and when questioned says I never said that...
One of your best Godfather :-).
Have you joined the club yet?
Nah, didn’t think so...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
hey mate what's the story with Steve Price, is he still working at home from Queensland?
Price is back at Belmore now he was up in QLD for a very long time though. Something about that doesn't seem right to me.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hear what you’re saying but if they thought they were comfortable that’s pretty poor. They simply must expect opposition next time. There’s still so much to accomplish before anyone could consider their tenure a success. Just wondering if there’s a top hat or an ace that no-one else has seen yet...
If they have something up their sleeve now would be the time to play it because the pressure is only going to increase with so many things up in the air.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I was listening to a podcast about Bouris a few months ago and he loved the Dogs until Super League and his old man is still a huge fan. He fell out of love when we signed with super League and that;s when Packer and Politis turned him to the dark side.

Bouris is a scumbag, I had the displeasure of dealing with him when he owned Wizard home loans when I worked for GE.
People who change football teams are like people to give up their dogs to the pound/lost dogs home, scumbags.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s still so much to accomplish before anyone could consider their tenure a success. Just wondering if there’s a top hat or an ace that no-one else has seen yet...
Dinkum, if there is even a tiny bit of truth or realty regarding aces up the sleeve then I cant repeat Kenny Rogers loud enough.. "you gotta know when to hold em know when to walk away know when to run.."

Some good news is better than none and if they dont have a plan B and are scrambling but do have an ace up the sleeve
(coach appointment, big player signing, coaching staff addition, sponsor etc..) then need to PLAY it now.

Only positive news will stop the fire from growing.

Edit. just saw Spoonmans quote saying the same thing and I absolutely agree as per above.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dinkum, if there is even a tiny bit of truth or realty regarding aces up the sleeve then I cant repeat Kenny Rogers loud enough.. "you gotta know when to hold em know when to walk away know when to run.."

Some good news is better than none and if they dont have a plan B and are scrambling but do have an ace up the sleeve
(coach appointment, big player signing, coaching staff addition, sponsor etc..) then need to PLAY it now.

Edit. just saw Spoonmans quote saying the same thing and I absolutely agree as per above.
Exactly right. if they are holding onto an ace they need to play it now. They are so reactive in responding to rumours about the club for example Bellamy and Mitchell if they follow this way of responding they would be playing there trump card to keep everyone off their back.......................... so that leave one scenario really......they dont have an ace card yet.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think even making a call on Pay would simmer things down to some extent.

The Kennel would go bonkers if he's re-signed but it would stop the media narrative about poor Pay being screwed over in it's tracks and if they sacked/didn't re-sign him things would calm down after a few days.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its good to see that youre wondering (questioning) it shows that you can see that they not done as much as they set out they would.... put our cap situation aside for a sec....

what have they actually done to make us the "best sporting brand in Australia" as they said they would? very easy to talk big in a letter in a time when we wanted change... but the time for writing fancy letters is over, and they really have done nothing..

As mentioned; they set out to make Fiji a feeder club for us, that ended up going to the Sharks. They said the same with PNG, all we do is community work, yet souths sign Gebbie...
Our social media pages are woeful, communication from the club to our fans is terrible....
Now, the cap... they did come out and say, we might not be able to buy established talent, BUT we are able to scout the hottest prospects coming through the ranks..... we signed NO ONE OF THAT CALIBRE.

this is my gripe, surely you are seeing this, I have read your posts where you are still holding out till 2021 to see who they sign, but surely you can see they have not delivered on their other promises.

I agree, there is sooo much to accomplish, but this mob, none of it will be.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have the joker card instead of the ace card
Exactly right. if they are holding onto an ace they need to play it now. They are so reactive in responding to rumours about the club for example Bellamy and Mitchell if they follow this way of responding they would be playing there trump card to keep everyone off their back.......................... so that leave one scenario really......they dont have an ace card yet.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

The mail I continue to hear is that there are a couple of key player signings that are as good as done however certain representatives on each side of the deal wish to refrain from making an announcement at this point of the season.

Obviously the clubs that the players involved are from want to prevent any form of unrest mid-season that could stem from the announcement. Meanwhile at our end, we’ve got a number of players off contract who we’d like to keep motivated to perform as best they can for the duration of the season.

Based on this, I’m expecting the major signing announcements to come out around September onwards.