News Board anger as Bulldogs director fails to mention pub ownership

A

Alexander the Great

The owners of M&J chicken pay the same amount of money for a sleeve sponsor .
How do you think this is going to come across once this is now in the public that the front jersey sponsor is part owned by a football club official?Yes he may have not had anything to do with it but why are we putting the club in this situation to start with. I understand everyone's point thats its not a huge issue but we have other sponsors involved here that we need to think about. Not just self interest.

500k for a major sponsorship is beyond a joke.

A

Alexander the Great

Are you lot whingeing about the sponsorship deal all suffering from head knocks?

Have you forgotten we’re a club who’ve been in the doldrums for a very long period of time and running last all year, who’d just lost their previous major sponsor through an embarrassing act of stupidity from representatives of the club. Throw in that little minor detail known as a recession with the promise of long term economic volatility. All this considered and the fact that we were currently guaranteed $0 in major sponsorship going forward, I don’t see 500k/year being too bad of a result!
Ask Ed and Fredrick for MJ Chickens what they thinks about that 500k deal Laundy got....

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is signing off on these hit pieces?

So he disclosed it back in 2018, wasn't involved in negotiations and did not benefit in any way from the arrangement.

I am fucking longing for the days where this fractured Bulldogs board finally buries whoever is creating all of this media bullshit so we can focus on the future of the club. It's such a shame that within the space of 24 hours we have the news of the future coaching team coming in, farewelling the players after a dour 2020, then having to deal with this bullshit on top.
Remember parramatta they were almost choked by self interest and greed,they were almost at the point of no return,they went into self administration,if memory serves me right,and I think that was a decision,that they now see,as being the correct one to take,as no more problems are or have been evident,in the last few years,that is the talk from a lot of people in the media,could it be what we need to do ?

A

Alexander the Great

Remember parramatta they were almost choked by self interest and greed,they were almost at the point of no return,they went into self administration,if memory serves me right,and I think that was a decision,that they now see,as being the correct one to take,as no more problems are or have been evident,in the last few years,that is the talk from a lot of people in the media,could it be what we need to do ?

Clean the whole lot out. From top to bottom and hire a new team. The only way out of this fucking mess.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see this Laundy guy taking over the club Uncle Nick style. Whether that's a good thing or not I do not know...
While Laundy made the comparison to Nick and what he's done for the Roosters in the original article about this sponsorship, I genuinely can't see Nick lowballing the Roosters on a sponsorship deal like this. If anything Nick would pay overs just to get the deal and help the club, but then maybe Nick's pockets are a little deeper.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fyi they are paying nothing this year for a front jersey sponsorship. Well done fuckwits.
I think it was about 15 years ago there was a club (can't recall who either Sharks or Tigers) who had no front of jersey sponsor. They agreed to give a sleeve sponsor the front of jersey for the same price and as a club we kicked up a stink, we said it cheapened NRL jerseys by doing it. How times have changed.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The owners of M&J chicken pay the same amount of money for a sleeve sponsor .
How do you think this is going to come across once this is now in the public that the front jersey sponsor is part owned by a football club official?Yes he may have not had anything to do with it but why are we putting the club in this situation to start with. I understand everyone's point thats its not a huge issue but we have other sponsors involved here that we need to think about. Not just self interest.

500k for a major sponsorship is beyond a joke.
You bring up a great point, if everyone knows the going rate for a front of jersey sponsor is $500k per year with an extra half year thrown in for free what do people think the going rate will be now for back of jersey, sleeve and shorts sponsor let alone minor sponsors.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has the club come out and advised that Laundy is sponsoring the Dogs @ 500k a year, or is everyone getting their panties tangled over "reports" about the amount from the "media"?
The club only reports excuses and official announcements. So no.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doesnt that mean Ballesty is putting his own money the club? lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The leagues club pumps so much money into the footy club the footy club would be fucked without it so its a non event really
As the member update from two weeks ago made clear, monies paid from the league club to the footy club stopped in March.

Now we have disgruntlement at the league club and suddenly a negative story about a competitive hospitality group and a director of both the league of footy clubs who was previously already targeted for removal?

Not hard to join the dots if you ask me...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So we take the word from the media instead of waiting for the financial reports?
People can do what they want, not much else to talk about on here.