BMoz to #1, Hoppa to #3 this round - DT

Status
Not open for further replies.

inside-doggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
He also played fb at the dragons and couldn't handle it...he then moved back to the wing lol. We paid stupid money for a 28 year old winger because Des thought he could turn him into a fb...and now the team is worse off because of it.
Brett Morris missed an entire season in 2007 through injury whilst playing on the wing and also had an extensive period on the sidelines in 2014 after injuring himself playing on the wing again. I think he has picked up injuries not because of the position he plays but the type of player that he is and the way he plays the game. FYI he scored 14 tries whilst playing fullback for the dragons in 2012 so I think you're misinformed if you think he "couldn't handle it". The reason he moved back to the wing in 2013 was because the Dragons signed Dugan and opted to play him at fullback. The teams is not worse off for having Brett Morris in it, he is a world class player and has only ever played well whilst on the field for the Dogs. Players go through injury struck periods (Lafai comes to mind), come back healthy and are able to play their best football. Personally IMO I think we should keep Hoppa at fullback and play Brett on the wing, but by no means do I feel as though Brett is liability when it comes to our chances of winning football games, contrary to the belief of some on here.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Brett Morris missed an entire season in 2007 through injury whilst playing on the wing and also had an extensive period on the sidelines in 2014 after injuring himself playing on the wing again. I think he has picked up injuries not because of the position he plays but the type of player that he is and the way he plays the game. FYI he scored 14 tries whilst playing fullback for the dragons in 2012 so I think you're misinformed if you think he "couldn't handle it". The reason he moved back to the wing in 2013 was because the Dragons signed Dugan and opted to play him at fullback. The teams is not worse off for having Brett Morris in it, he is a world class player and has only ever played well whilst on the field for the Dogs. Players go through injury struck periods (Lafai comes to mind), come back healthy and are able to play their best football. Personally IMO I think we should keep Hoppa at fullback and play Brett on the wing, but by no means do I feel as though Brett is liability when it comes to our chances of winning football games, contrary to the belief of some on here.
Why buy Dugan if Brett coud handle the fb role then? He couldn't handle it and his 2 years at the dogs confirm it.

I don't give a shit that he scored 14 trys, we all know he is able to bust open the line and score a try on a consistent basis. My issue is with everthing else. His skillset, his conditioning, his footy sense, etc are all behind Hoppa. Overall Hoppa has him easily covered, and the biggest difference is that he actually compliments the players around him..Brett doesn't do that.

So I can confidently say that with brett at fb we will be a worse team overall. We lose way too much with Hoppa moving away from fb.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
no good putting top dollar players on the wing in our side......................... lesbians see more balls than our wingers

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why buy Dugan if Brett coud handle the fb role then? He couldn't handle it and his 2 years at the dogs confirm it.

I don't give a shit that he scored 14 trys, we all know he is able to bust open the line and score a try on a consistent basis. My issue is with everthing else. His skillset, his conditioning, his footy sense, etc are all behind Hoppa. Overall Hoppa has him easily covered, and the biggest difference is that he actually compliments the players around him..Brett doesn't do that.

So I can confidently say that with brett at fb we will be a worse team overall. We lose way too much with Hoppa moving away from fb.
Marley is right... Hoppa has shown he is more than just a fill in. Hoppa can do it all but most of all he can read a game, even as good as slater i'd say.

For Hasler its a tough choice, he can either have a strong fullback and a weak right edge or a slightly weaker fullback who can do the job but a strong right edge.

Would hate to be a coach on this one but Hasler did it to himself and he needs to find a solution before its too late and below are his options.

Option 1
Bmoz
Rona
Jmoz
Hoppa
Perrett

Option 2
Hoppa
Bmoz
Jmoz
Rona
Perrett

Option 3
Hoppa
Rona
Jmoz
Bmoz
Perrett

I'd try my luck with option 3... If Perrett and Jmoz can form an experienced and lethal right edge then we are sweet as bro!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
why fix whats not broken.

Bmoz coming back and playing fullback for the first time this year.

Hoppa playing centers for first time this year.

Perfect Des!
Des must like virgins

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brett Morris was not good at fullback for the Dragons. He wasn't bad but he wasn't good either. At his best he's the best left winger in the NRL. Just put him there, I guarantee that Josh Morris starts passing the ball more if his brother is outside him.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Brett Morris was not good at fullback for the Dragons. He wasn't bad but he wasn't good either. At his best he's the best left winger in the NRL. Just put him there, I guarantee that Josh Morris starts passing the ball more if his brother is outside him.
How I feel aswell, Hoppa is actually a good fullback we need why change it and weaken two positions?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Everyone is jumping backwards and forwards with their arguments and heaps of valid points on both sides.

For the record I think Hoppa is the better FB, BUT and it's a huge BUT..... Hoppa doesn't play Sunday's so IF we make it to the GF than unless he's a religious hypocrite than he will not be their. So do we get Bmoz comfortable with the FB role again now or change it GF week???? OR will Des do his usual and mix it up every week and every game so neither of them or the team are consistent?

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone is jumping backwards and forwards with their arguments and heaps of valid points on both sides.

For the record I think Hoppa is the better FB, BUT and it's a huge BUT..... Hoppa doesn't play Sunday's so IF we make it to the GF than unless he's a religious hypocrite than he will not be their. So do we get Bmoz comfortable with the FB role again now or change it GF week???? OR will Des do his usual and mix it up every week and every game so neither of them or the team are consistent?
Personally I think that BMoz was still learning the trade at no.1 last year. If he is fit to play, which I doubt, puttimg him at full back against the Broncos would be suicide.

Leave Hoppa there. He's the best we've had in four years. If his religious thing about not playing on Sundays stuffs up our grand final selections it would be Sammy P to no.1 and the rest of the side determined by who's fit to play and who isn't; which really means who Hasler wants in and who he wants out.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa has the potential to get much better at FB IMO, his conditioning in that roll is constantly improving and he seems to be getting a little faster from week to week.

Huge mistake to replace him. I love Perrett but he's not in the same class of winger as Brett Morris, that's the change that should happen.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I've always said Morris should be fullback if fit. But hoppas improved so much each week that I'm starting to change my mind. Both different players. Morris covers him for speed and power and can score long range solo tries. Hoppa plays a better link role and ballplayer. Both extremely safe and good options at the back. Tough call.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact we are debating this is great all round. Hoppa has been great all year and despite his Sundays off has been a superb buy. Maybe using BMoz like Marley suggested in Valentine Holmes type role is the best for the team and we keep Hoppa where he is.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hoppa needs to stay at fullback, he hasn't done anything to get dropped.

I heard on the 5am news that Eastwood will be back on Saturday
Not even close sadly. He's just recovered from surgery and only started running this week. Definitely still in the rehab group, and a few weeks away yet.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Eastwood was meant to be 4 weeks this is what the third? Fourth? Who know's. Let's just hope both B Moz & Eastwood are back in the next week and our roster FINALLY stays healthy in the rest of the season!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bret a World Class Winger at Dragons State and Country for God Knows how long but Fullback would be his preferred position?!?!?!

And Im sure they are both capable of playing in those positions doesn't mean it's the right choice
It probably would be his preferred position he sees more of the football than he does when he's on the wing. The team is more dangerous when this guy gets more of the football its as simple as that and is why he was our best player last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.