BMoz to #1, Hoppa to #3 this round - DT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
As expected, still concerned goal kicking will be the difference so we will need an extra try or too.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe its Hoppa to left centre to cover for JMOZ not Holland
I read this morning that Jmoz isn't a serious injury and the main reason he pulled out of origin was because he couldn't train and should be right for the Broncos.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have we not learnt by now.... 80% of the time, the team on tuesday will not be how they line up come game day.... I'll be dissapointed to see hoppa lose his fb position

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Terrible call if true. Seriously Hoppa is a natural fb and is only getting better, no way does shifting him to the centres help the side ffs.

Des is so set on playing around teams, so I should of expected him to make this call I guess.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury star Brett Morris could play his first NRL game of the season against Brisbane on Saturday.

Morris was struck down with a pre-season knee injury and the NSW representative hasn't featured in the Bulldogs' campaign yet in 2016.

However Bulldogs skipper James Graham said Morris could finally make a return against the Broncos in the round 16 clash at ANZ Stadium.

"He looks like he is training alright with the conditioning staff, I don't think he is too far away," Graham said at Bulldogs training at Belmore Sports Ground on Tuesday.

Josh Morris is also a likely inclusion for the Dogs against last season's grand finalists, despite being ruled out of State of Origin II.

Morris will miss Wednesday's Suncorp Stadium clash but his groin strain is not serious.

He has remained in camp with the Blues and will return to Sydney on Thursday.

"I messaged him to see if he was alright, typical (Josh) Morris response was very short, but hopefully he will be right," Graham said.

Tony Williams will likely retain his spot on the Bulldogs bench after his barnstorming effort in the last-start win over St George Illawarra after a month in reserve grade.

Coach Des Hasler gave his Canterbury players four days off over their bye round last weekend. They returned to training on Tuesday.

Graham said it was a much needed mid-season break.

"It is a bit of a luxury we have had some time off," Graham said.

"It was a nice break to recharge the batteries and get back into it."

Canterbury can move into the top four with a win over Brisbane, who snapped a three-game losing streak with a win over Canberra two weeks ago.

Canterbury have won four of their past five NRL fixtures.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ne-broncos-20160621-gpo0xa.html#ixzz4CAwEG6sg

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Probably the wron fn thread and shoot me for being a conspiracy theorist but I don't think morris is properly injured at all. Well not enough to be out of origin anyway. Daley didn't want him in the first place. Was practically forced into it in game 1. This helps him and especially morris save face from being dropped.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
why fix whats not broken.

Bmoz coming back and playing fullback for the first time this year.

Hoppa playing centers for first time this year.

Perfect Des!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
why fix whats not broken.

Bmoz coming back and playing fullback for the first time this year.

Hoppa playing centers for first time this year.

Perfect Des!
They will probably be rotated imo

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Awesome .. I have a feeling nobody will be complaining about the reshuffle after Saturday.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesn't really bother me as neither Hoppa or Bmoz is a complete fullback. Hoppa has the ball skills but not the tackle busting speed of Bmoz. Seeing as this is Bmoz's first game back from a massive injury break he should be eased back on the wing.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
rather hoppa at FB... but we cant decide wot Des does...
is Jmoz definately out? i hate origin!

dont care if Holland gets dropped and Mbye has to kick...they r both shit goalkickers either way!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So to all the BMoz at Fullback haters.....who do you want to play Fullback if we ever make the Grand Final?
I'm sure Hoppa will play there regardless of his No Sunday thing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Both fit, both are pretty much equal at fb imo
How are they equal? Hoppa has Brett covered in pretty much every area of fb play. Brett is a stronger ball runner and has some real pace but that is about it. Brett doesn't even come close to Hoppa.

Hoppa is a natural fb and can compliment the players around him due to his large skillset and footy sense...Brett can't do any of that and it will hurt the team overall.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
First game back... you'd think he was 100% if he's being thrown into the FB role right after such a long stint on the sideline.

Bmoz is reliable under the high ball and decent in defense, but will he still be the same after being out for so long?
Logic would say put him on the edge and let him get a game or two since we're not desperate for a new fullback as Hoppa's been in good form back there. Let's see how much ball Hoppa gets playing centre now, guessing not much with our style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.