BMoz to #1, Hoppa to #3 this round - DT

Status
Not open for further replies.

berriesfan

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think with the amount of $ B Moz is on I think Des is backed into a corner to play BMoz at fullback. You cant be paying a winger $500+, playing fullback is the only way to justify the coin he is on. Its the main reason the Dragons released him.
I think Hoppa has been the better all round fullback. They both have good different qualities they bring to the postion.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think Bretts' body can handle playing fullback anymore, just as Inglis has been taken out of fullback because his knee is rooted.

Put him on the wing, Hoppa leave at FB
Inglis is completely fucked.. should have retired a year or so ago and left a legacy intact.

His knees are bone on bone..

Probably uses a zimmer frame to get to / from the stadium and car.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Inglis is completely fucked.. should have retired a year or so ago and left a legacy intact.

Shows that Lamb was better than inglis. Lamb played the last 5 years of his career with shot knees and was still amazing. Lamb had more will and gumption though

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id prefer Bmoz on the wing but tbh I am just happy to see him back if he does return.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why fix whats not broken.

Bmoz coming back and playing fullback for the first time this year.

Hoppa playing centers for first time this year.

Perfect Des!
Come finals s fit bmoz at fullback and hoopa in the centres is our best team. Nowa the time to implement it.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A fullback playing Centre, And a winger playing Fullback? Des and his experiments Fuk me.

Hopefully it works out.. Doubt it.
An outstanding sportsman is capable of transferring their elite ability to perform in other sports.

The position swap wouldn't even be an issue for Bmoz and Hoppa.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jmoz better be playing this is actually a pretty massive game in terms of us closing the gap on brisbane to get a top 4 spot. No question who drops out of the side either its holland every day of the week. Theres more value in having a better attacking player being in the centres to create more opportunities than having someone there who can 'occasionally' slot some kicks from the sideline.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A fullback playing Centre, And a winger playing Fullback? Des and his experiments Fuk me.

Hopefully it works out.. Doubt it.
Hopoates played majority of his first grade career in the centres and brett was player of the year last year from fullback hardly an experiment they're both very capable of playing those positions

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopoates played majority of his first grade career in the centres and brett was player of the year last year from fullback hardly an experiment they're both very capable of playing those positions
Brett has played on thr wing for about a decade and Hoppa has been our most consistent while at fb. Brett doesn't come close to Hoppa as a fb, simple as that.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if we make the big dance on the first weekend of October, we know for a fact that Hoppa wont be there. So why on earth would you have someone in such a crucial position knowing that he wont be there when it counts most .. You spend all year making combinations with a fullback just so he can take a sabbatical when is most important ..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Des is such a ****, didn't name Brett but names a 5 man bench without him? Lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des is such a ****, didn't name Brett but names a 5 man bench without him? Lol.
I'm more confident that's he's playing now then if he actually was named!

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably the wron fn thread and shoot me for being a conspiracy theorist but I don't think morris is properly injured at all. Well not enough to be out of origin anyway. Daley didn't want him in the first place. Was practically forced into it in game 1. This helps him and especially morris save face from being dropped.
Your 100%

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

He still tears NSW a new one at Origin time
Moz is a better returner of the ball and has real speed, he's also a better support player and breaks tackles in traffic.
Hoppa has silkier skills and is a natural FB.
Pretty much a wash IMO.
But throw in the fact that hoppa doesn't play Sunday's and I can guarantee at least a couple of the TBA games will be Sunday and he still hasn't committed to playing Sunday finals, I prefer moz at FB.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Hoopa is a fucking pokemon ffs
This made me lol, maybe cause my 1st born baby boy has just come into the world.. But just for shits and giggles would like to see someone put together a pokemon footy team and list their attributes to justify their position; I might need to brush up on my pokeman caricatures

Status
Not open for further replies.