Opinion Blues Heirachy = morons

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All the talk about Bellamy retiring in recent years why aren’t these clowns asking the question if he wants a part time gig as NSW coach?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair he was pretty shit for NSW in his last stint.

Freddie would have mates in high places in the NSWRL I'd reckon, the job will be his for a while unfortunately.
Yes Unfortunately is correct !!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
All the talk about Bellamy retiring in recent years why aren’t these clowns asking the question if he wants a part time gig as NSW coach?
What has Bellamy actually achieved in the game that was legit? I'm serious about this. All his Premiership wins as coach of Melbourne are void because:
  • 2007 - team was over the salary cap
  • 2009 - team was over the salary cap
  • 2012 - team under the salary cap, but nucleus of the team (Cronk, Smith, Slater), were the reasons the team was over the salary cap, and they were still in the side
  • 2017 - team under the salary cap, but nucleus of the team (Cronk, Smith, Slater), were the reasons the team was over the salary cap, and they were still in the side
  • 2020 - team under the salary cap, but referees boss Cameron Smith, was a big reason the team was over the salary cap, and he was still in the side
So, Bellamy only won comps with a team that was either over the salary cap, or had a big name player who was illegally retained which resulted in the salary cap breach. Then, when Bellamy had to coach a NSW team against a team that consisted of those very players, he failed miserably.

Now, since the last of the 3 amigos, Cameron Smith, retired, Bellamy has not won a comp or even made a grand final. He is a hack of a coach!

The QLD side he had to coach against was a great side . I think he did come out and say he had no answers on how to beat them ,or words to that effect. Not many coaches would have succeeded against that QLD team .
Exactly. Hack!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What has Bellamy actually achieved in the game that was legit? I'm serious about this. All his Premiership wins as coach of Melbourne are void because:
  • 2012 - team under the salary cap, but nucleus of the team (Cronk, Smith, Slater), were the reasons the team was over the salary cap, and they were still in the side
  • 2017 - team under the salary cap, but nucleus of the team (Cronk, Smith, Slater), were the reasons the team was over the salary cap, and they were still in the side
  • 2020 - team under the salary cap, but referees boss Cameron Smith, was a big reason the team was over the salary cap, and he was still in the side
So, Bellamy only won comps with a team that was either over the salary cap, or had a big name player who was illegally retained which resulted in the salary cap breach. Then, when Bellamy had to coach a NSW team against a team that consisted of those very players, he failed miserably.

Now, since the last of the 3 amigos, Cameron Smith, retired, Bellamy has not won a comp or even made a grand final. He is a hack of a coach!

Exactly. Hack!
So by that logic our 2004 premiership shouldn't count either because we still had most of the squad from the 2002 salary cap rorting?

Melbourne won those comps. You can't change history or what happened no matter how many asterisks you want to add. Like I said, if you do that, then our last comp is tainted too.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So by that logic our 2004 premiership shouldn't count either because we still had most of the squad from the 2002 salary cap rorting?

Melbourne won those comps. You can't change history or what happened no matter how many asterisks you want to add. Like I said, if you do that, then our last comp is tainted too.
Yes I thought about that - however we were only over the cap by $400,000 in 2002. Now you consider the players that left us in 2002 - Smith, Trindal, Rauhihi etc... they would've been over $400,000 combined, and they were not part of our nucleus, meaning they would have been let go and our team from 2003 would've been salary cap compliant.

Had we won the comp in 2002 it would've been tainted, but falling back under the cap the following year with those premiership players retained, well. In addition my brother, acquiring the likes of SBW, Maitua and Willie Tonga were all part of a legitimate team.

However this is about Bellamy as a coach, not our great team of 2004.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty Bellamy has been badly spooled as far as it goes with his rosters over the years.

Like Hasler, Bennett, Cleary and Robinson, the GF wins Bellamy has achieved were with stacked rosters.

So I'm not going to say that Bellamy can't coach. Clearly he can. But if I go into a pushbike race on a souped up motorbike and I'm a half decent rider, I'll win. The bulk of the teams that win GF's in recent years have had big question marks over whether they're cap compliant.

Bellamy has shown that when he's not in charge of a fairly superior team in talent levels that he's not a wizard. There are definitely shiy coaches who can do nothing with a decent roster. But at the end of the day the levels of talent in the squad will make or break a coaches success rate.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Exactly. Hack!
Wow
I knew u know nothing about football and everything about other stuff but this has really confirmed it for me

Dumbest of comments our last comp qas literally won the same. Inbetween Melbourne have axed us in being in prelims, grand finals and being winners or minor premiers.

The kicker though
"HES DONE NOTHING SINCE THEY WON THEIR LAST COMP"

IT WAS 2 FUCKING YEARS AGO. ARE U AN ACTUAL MORON?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes I thought about that - however we were only over the cap by $400,000 in 2002. Now you consider the players that left us in 2002 - Smith, Trindal, Rauhihi etc... they would've been over $400,000 combined, and they were not part of our nucleus, meaning they would have been let go and our team from 2003 would've been salary cap compliant.

Had we won the comp in 2002 it would've been tainted, but falling back under the cap the following year with those premiership players retained, well. In addition my brother, acquiring the likes of SBW, Maitua and Willie Tonga were all part of a legitimate team.

400k on what size cap? Less than 3 mil?
Just moron comments
Just insanity. Acquiring them legit? Adding them to an illegally acquired roster?
Wow I just can't get over how dumb your comment is.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Most of our discussions on salaries and caps are based on what we think players are being paid, because nobody on the outside knows for sure what an individual player is getting. The 2002 Bulldogs salary cap scandal was different, insofar as the salaries of the players - both real and as declared in the cap - were made public. After 21 years, I don't remember the numbers, but I'm sure someone on here does!

What struck me at the time (this I do remember) was the way the rorting of the cap did nothing for the many very good players on our roster, who were getting their market value and no more. The three Hughes brothers - 2 reserve graders and one fringe first grader - were all on fabulous off-the-books salaries, and Braith Anasta, who was a good player - just not as good as he thought he was - was getting more money off the books than his declared salary. We did not have to cheat to assemble our 2002 team. We were denied a premiership because the management of the time threw illegal money at players who were simply not worth it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Basically, anyone but Fittler.

If Bellamy was up against a QLD team with Corey Allan at Fullback and Capewell in the centres do you think he would pick 5 fullbacks and lose the series? Would he have picked Addo-Carr over Tupou?

Bellamy > Fittler

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

400k of a $3.25 million cap is more than 10% over.. You can't discredit Bellamy and Melbourne saying their comps don't count without discrediting our title in 2004.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most of our discussions on salaries and caps are based on what we think players are being paid, because nobody on the outside knows for sure what an individual player is getting. The 2002 Bulldogs salary cap scandal was different, insofar as the salaries of the players - both real and as declared in the cap - were made public. After 21 years, I don't remember the numbers, but I'm sure someone on here does!

What struck me at the time (this I do remember) was the way the rorting of the cap did nothing for the many very good players on our roster, who were getting their market value and no more. The three Hughes brothers - 2 reserve graders and one fringe first grader - were all on fabulous off-the-books salaries, and Braith Anasta, who was a good player - just not as good as he thought he was - was getting more money off the books than his declared salary. We did not have to cheat to assemble our 2002 team. We were denied a premiership because the management of the time threw illegal money at players who were simply not worth it.
It doesn't matter who they're cheating the cap for as long as they're cheating the cap. Role players like Corey Hughes who you mentioned still played a key role in the 2004 GF win against the Roosters with some big plays.

Most teams cheat the cap. They just don't get caught. We did and Melbourne did because of disgruntled ex employees uncovering it all, not because the NRL salary cap audting team knew what they were doing.. Which they clearly don't..

I'm not trying to diminish our win or demonish our club or past indiscretions. I'm saying people going after Bellamy or Melbourne are hypocritical if they don't want to tar the Bulldogs with the same brush.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
400k of a $3.25 million cap is more than 10% over.. You can't discredit Bellamy and Melbourne saying their comps don't count without discrediting our title in 2004.
He's literally been caught in his own web of logic.
Absolutely no idea. Bellamy fucked his mum.