blues forward interrested in dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
just saw an article in stuff.co.nz bout jerome kaino(auk blues loose forward)..has come over to look at bulldogs facilities and talk with CEO..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cant get excited, who the f#ck is he?

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
loose forward..dont know if hes played league b4..mayb as a junior..good ball runner..been overlooked as an AB

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know a thing about Rugby (and am proud of it, terrible sport:grinning: ) but people have said he is quite good and would handle the switch. But I have no doubt it is almost all media BS and he is little genuine chance of coming to the ODgs.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
its not terrible sport..ever played it?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
its not terrible sport..ever played it?
No, and you aren't going to change my mind, I would need 12 lines of cocaine to stay awake during Forcemans Back, I mean Rugby Yawnion. (By the way I don't condone or do drugs that was purely a joke so the Herald and Tele please don't write 8 articles about the Drug culture amongst Bulldogs supporters.)

top_dawg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No, and you aren't going to change my mind, I would need 12 lines of cocaine to stay awake during Forcemans Back, I mean Rugby Yawnion. (By the way I don't condone or do drugs that was purely a joke so the Herald and Tele please don't write 8 articles about the Drug culture amongst Bulldogs supporters.)
lol, gave me a good chuckle that

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
your entitled to ure opinion..even if its wrong:grinning:

Stringer_37

Loving the pest
Reaction score
Would be a good signing , he has also played fullback and center in junior Rugby, but i guess he'd be in the back row (and yes I kno we already have plenty) he's very quick 2.

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad player, as you said halfcast has been overlooked for test teams. Good to hear though.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Googled him and this is what it came up with below. 1.96 metres and 106kg, bit of a monster who has some speed. Could be a good prospect for prop for us if he made a good transition to league.

http://stats.allblacks.com/Profile.asp?ABID=1046

After playing at centre and fullback as a teenager, Jerome Kaino has developed into one of New Zealand’s most promising young loose forwards.

Kaino travelled on the All Blacks end-of-year European Tour in 2004 but is yet to make his Test debut.

The Auckland and Blues blindside flanker has the athleticism to dominate in open play and the size to cover locking duties.

Kaino attended the same high school in Auckland, St Kentigern’s, as flying wing Joe Rokocoko.

2006 Rebel Sport Super 14
Franchise Blues
Games 4
Points -

NZRU Annual Awards
Age Grade Player of the Year, 2004

New Zealand Representative Teams
New Zealand Schools in 2001
New Zealand Under 19 in 2002
New Zealand Under 21 in 2003, 2004
All Blacks in 2004
New Zealand Sevens in 2005
Junior All Blacks in 2005

Career Notes
• Not originally in the Blues’ 2006 Rebel Sport Super 14 squad, he was called back after 2005 All Black Angus Macdonald succumbed to an ACL injury.
• Started the first two matches of the Junior All Blacks tour to Australia in 2005 before returning to play for Auckland against the British & Irish Lions.
• Scored a try in his All Blacks debut against the Barbarians at Twickenham in December 2004.
• Voted IRB Under 21 Player of the Year in 2004 and was Player of the Tournament at the 2004 IRB Under 21 World Championship.

FULL NAME
Jerome Kaino

BORN
Wednesday, 6 April 1983 in Tutuila

PHYSICAL
1.96m, 106kg

POSITION
Flanker

LAST SCHOOL

St Kentigern College

RUGBY CLUB
(First made All Blacks from)
Auckland University

PROVINCE
Auckland

SUPER 12 TEAM
Blues

ALL BLACK DEBUT
Saturday, 4 December 2004
v Barbarians at London
aged 21 years, 242 days

INTERNATIONAL DEBUT
Saturday, 10 June 2006
v Ireland at Hamilton
aged 23 years, 65 days

LAST TEST
Saturday, 17 June 2006
v Ireland at Auckland
aged 23 years, 72 days

ALL BLACK TESTS
2 (0 as Captain)

ALL BLACK GAMES
1 (0 as Captain)

TOTAL ALL BLACK MATCHES
3 (0 as Captain)

ALL BLACK TEST POINTS
0pts

ALL BLACK GAME POINTS
5pts (1t, 0c, 0p, 0dg, 0m)

TOTAL ALL BLACK POINTS
5pts (1t, 0c, 0p, 0dg, 0m)

ALL BLACK NUMBER

The All Black Games that Kaino played.
(+) = substitute; (-) = replaced

Click on the date to be taken to the Match Card.
2004 4 Dec vs Barbarians at London 47-19

2006 10 Jun vs Ireland at Hamilton 34-23 (+)
17 Jun vs Ireland at Auckland 27-17 (-)

Points scored for the All Blacks
t
c
p
dg
pts

vs Barbarians, 4 Dec 2004
-
-
-

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know a thing about Rugby (and am proud of it, terrible sport:grinning: ) but people have said he is quite good and would handle the switch. But I have no doubt it is almost all media BS and he is little genuine chance of coming to the ODgs.
big boy good ball handling skills.funny enogh a lot of the nz rugby players follow the dogs.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh the blues sight it has him at 109kg 1.96.but hes one of an amazing amount of talent.troy flavell(wanted to fight mason) is 120kg 198cm.there are so many good players over ther and a lot of them have played some league...but getting them would be hard.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
leagues much more exciting,but the talent pool in nz and south africa is amazing.the thing is the forwards in rugby are bigger so in most cases a prop is 115kg-130KG AT ABOUT 190CM.the flankers are basically around 190 at 100-115kg and much more mobile,making them a better optioon for league..

Status
Not open for further replies.