BLOW OUT SCORE LINES - NRL CREATED THIS

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I agree that V’Landys has ruined the game with his rule changes , these posts would not exist if we were in 1st spot and towelling up teams by 40 week in week out.
if the rules are hear to stay we will have to adapt . Storm have adapted and so have the Panthers.
Quality players can play under any conditions.
pour biggest issue isn’t the rule changes, it’s our shit roster and the mediocre coaches coaching us the last few years,
Manly seem to have adapted also given their start to the season, A new Desball?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
do the men running the NRL care about this?
Their lickspittles in the media get sent out time and time again to say it's not a problem.
The fat frog himself said that the teams at the bottom of the ladder need to adapt and get better so I don't think they do care and won't care unless TV ratings tank and it adversely affects the next TV rights deal.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of those players don't make our best team tho (which is why it's 6 players, Baz chose to play Patolo over Atoni). That's the point I'm making. Also we've had a few of those players pretty much out the whole season, if not the whole season. Some of the players that came in yesterday weren't too much worse than our strongest team. It isn't an excuse for yesterday.
We'll agree to disagree. I'll give you Atoni, but he is still just average, he MAY have done slightly better than Patolo, but the rest is fair IMO. Starting with a poor side & then taking all those out is quite a hole & most teams wouldn't be able to cope with that even though their best teams are far better. We shall see how the Dragons go IF in the unlikely event the NRL make them stand down against Manly.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst I agree the 6 agains has resulted in blowouts …I blame it on the media and coaches .
media would you bat crazy when refs penalised and coaches only coached to break the rules and constantly have a set defence
also not sure how fatigue is being blamed when you have 66 put on you , with the amount of stoppages for each try there should be no fatigue .. especially for so called professional players

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Whilst I agree the 6 agains has resulted in blowouts …I blame it on the media and coaches .
media would you bat crazy when refs penalised and coaches only coached to break the rules and constantly have a set defence
also not sure how fatigue is being blamed when you have 66 put on you , with the amount of stoppages for each try there should be no fatigue .. especially for so called professional players
Mental fatigue exists.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blowout scores

Need to look at the close games and see why they were close games?
Same skillset or comparable athlete players?
50/50 split six again calls?
Penalty count?

Without even doing a comparison i reackon the ref in these games was fair and reasonable and consistent for both sides with no major momentum swings or the canning of one tea.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking awesome post. Soccer (football, wogball, acting school) whatever you want to call it is the perfect example. Here is a game that can go 90 mins for a nil all result where everyone is on the edge of their seat for the entire contest.

Yes it sucks that sometimes there is no result and yes penalty shoot outs in important games are not really the best way to get a result. But V’landys vision is rubbish. Some of the best games of league I have seen over nearly 50 years have ended with score lines like 13-12 or by less than a converted try.
V’landys is wrong and has to be pulled up.
Well said I’m in your boat I want to see a contest not a one sided hammering

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t we get more six again calls then Manly anyways

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why alter rules to aid the shit teams. Why punish Penrith Storm Parra South’s etc..No way can we go back to wrestling. Everyone was turning off because the game was boring. Swans won a game on weekend by 100 points. Shit happens, bet media don’t go on about this like typical league muppets

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t we get more six again calls then Manly anyways
I don’t think so…..but that is part of the issue. You wouldn’t know because these stats disappear.
These stats are hidden away as a small insignificant stat. The referees don’t ever get put under the microscope and questioned or have to justify their decision.

It gives the referees way to much influence on the result. They are not accountable for a decision that has a huge baring on the play.

It’s also where on the field they occur, what tackle they award them.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Found this online
Petition against VLANDYS

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What other game in the world fucks around with their rules as much as the NRL?
A couple of tweaks to rules is ok, things like 40/20 kicks and limit interchange a bit is fine. Yeah reduce scrums in the game, but this 6 again rule is ridiculously ruining the game. It has deadset turned the game into touch football with teams being taken out of the contest within moments.
In any ball game, possession of the ball is everything. Constantly defending and being pushed back tires you out very quickly which is leading to more and more minor infringement (6 again), careless tackles from tired back peddling players and injuries.
This is also generating sin bins and send offs.
If it wasn’t hard enough defending repeat sets, try defending repeat sets with players missing in the bin.
it’s outrageous.
The contest is being rubbed out of the game.
When you look at each weeks round of footy, you want to believe each game can be a contest.
At the moment, Apart from 1 or two games, it’s pretty obvious who will win.
Fans are walking out of games, turning off the tv, or not even bothering to watch. Fans are increasingly confused with decisions and angry with bias as decisions go one way and not the other.
The game can be taken away in a heartbeat and is no longer an 80min contest.
There needs to be a partition to oust this six again rule. It’s fucked the game and has to go immediately.
Really NRL, is this what you wanted the game to look like?
Unfair contests and pushing fans away is not the way forward for our game not to mention promotion of this game to new fans.
Surely they know they have fucked it up and need to put their hand up and change it back but they have to have some balls to admit it was a mistake.
It has to be fixed now.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vlandys is in the paper saying the rule stays for all my life ive always looked forward to a footy seasin win lose or draw not any more i know the rabbits won yesterday i couldnt be fucked knowing the score that where im at im pretty much done with the game

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL partly to blame for our scorelines. Our crappy team and coach is the other part.

Vlandys seriously needs to stick to the administration, which is his strength and leave the footy side to people who know. Viewers tune out when the score blows out, which completely negates the point of the 6 again rule.

Vlandys needs to show us that he's more than just a quick buck merchant. And that he can position the game for long term success. So far he's done very well in some areas. Completely woeful when it comes to the rule changes. He's now getting the reputation that he'd do anything to the game to make quick sponsor bucks. Needs some long term strategic thinking, not opportunism that Vlandys seems to be bringing now.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think so…..but that is part of the issue. You wouldn’t know because these stats disappear.
These stats are hidden away as a small insignificant stat. The referees don’t ever get put under the microscope and questioned or have to justify their decision.

It gives the referees way to much influence on the result. They are not accountable for a decision that has a huge baring on the play.

It’s also where on the field they occur, what tackle they award them.
Pretty sure this all would have come from the broadcasters. Our product was boring as watching paint dry. A directive would have been given to make the game more entertaining or forget about massive broadcast deals

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Miss when you could watch a footy game that was tight. A game where it required actual skill not the refs running the game and deciding the score line. There wasn’t an issue with the game so why the fuck turn it into touch footy what a joke

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What other game in the world fucks around with their rules as much as the NRL?
A couple of tweaks to rules is ok, things like 40/20 kicks and limit interchange a bit is fine. Yeah reduce scrums in the game, but this 6 again rule is ridiculously ruining the game. It has deadset turned the game into touch football with teams being taken out of the contest within moments.
In any ball game, possession of the ball is everything. Constantly defending and being pushed back tires you out very quickly which is leading to more and more minor infringement (6 again), careless tackles from tired back peddling players and injuries.
This is also generating sin bins and send offs.
If it wasn’t hard enough defending repeat sets, try defending repeat sets with players missing in the bin.
it’s outrageous.
The contest is being rubbed out of the game.
When you look at each weeks round of footy, you want to believe each game can be a contest.
At the moment, Apart from 1 or two games, it’s pretty obvious who will win.
Fans are walking out of games, turning off the tv, or not even bothering to watch. Fans are increasingly confused with decisions and angry with bias as decisions go one way and not the other.
The game can be taken away in a heartbeat and is no longer an 80min contest.
There needs to be a partition to oust this six again rule. It’s fucked the game and has to go immediately.
Really NRL, is this what you wanted the game to look like?
Unfair contests and pushing fans away is not the way forward for our game not to mention promotion of this game to new fans.
Surely they know they have fucked it up and need to put their hand up and change it back but they have to have some balls to admit it was a mistake.
It has to be fixed now.
Good point. It wasn’t broken - why all the tinkering?

It’s as if a load of insecure kids run the game and have to be the one who changed something. I mean every year new rules?? Wtf is that?

Eg: we got rid of 2 point field goal to keep the points focus on scoring tries, now we brought it back IF it’s from far out - what a pointless thing to do.
The 6 again rule is madness. The speed & fatigue is killing the game - now we’re are at pathetic blow outs.

Bring back 10-8, 16-10, 14-12 I want the edge of seat intensity again.

Last edited:

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am not a punter at all but do these blow out scores affect betting ie the betting agencies increasing their profits Could it be these new rules were put in place to help them? Would mr Vlandys know this?