BLOW OUT SCORE LINES - NRL CREATED THIS

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okay we lost 66 - 0 with a PARK FOOTY team wearing a BULLDOGS JERSEY. That is the facts, it was not a full strength bulldogs team. So hard to blame a coach when he had 13 Players out of the top team.

The reality is many teams are losing by 40+ every week. (FULL strength teams).
Tigers are full strength and losing consistently by big margin.

Raiders getting smashed by titans who lost by 50 against manly a few weeks back.

Roosters scored 0 against Melbourne. (On paper they will beat most teams)

We can keep going on. Just look at all the results through out the year.

The BULLDOGS at full strength haven't scores a point on 3 or 4 times this year to put in perspective. So what do you expect when they have 13 players out from that team?

You can BLAME anyone but no one could change that result. And you are getting upset as if we LOST 66-0 with a full strength team playing for a top 8 spot.

Parramatta lost 56 Nil a few years back in a semi-final (yeah that is embarrassing)

WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS TEAM on paper is capable of? Why are you upset? NRL CREATED this.

Yeah it sucks but it was very expected considering the players that were in that team.

It does not matter how much effort you have when they players are debutants playing in an already untalented and park football standard team.

Manly are full of internationals and have the fastest backline with the best player in the world who has been demolishing all his opponents including at origin level all year.

What did you expect when TURBO is playing against a PARK FOOTBALL STANDARD TEAM?

Perspective and Context is important in where you choose to aim your anger at and who you start blaming for this to be allowed to happen to begin with.

The NRL should have called the game off as soon as 5 players from 1 team are ruled out due to COVID-19 breaches.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another excuseathon. Why would the NRL call off a game when 5 players go against what they asked players to do. If it was another team I’d say they deserved everything they got.

Maybe we should aim to be one of the better and well managed teams rather than crying about what’s happening. In days past we would be handing out the 60 point thrashings.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The man in charge at NRL H/Q should be hanged they have stuffed this great game would rather 12 - 6 score lines with big hits all day long then a try on every set of six touch footy at its best go the swans

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The shit teams can't slow the play the ball down anymore with the 6 agains time to scrap the 6 again rule
Its not slowing the play the balls down its the lack of stoppages and recovery from fatigue.

Teams are just gassing whilst the team with the ball just keeps rolling.

They need to scrap the rule or refine it.

They need to either limit it to the 20m zone and/or make it whoever scores kicks off to ensure the other teams gets the ball.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The obsession the NRL have with speeding up the game is what is ruining the contest. Thus ruining the game.

I have said it multiple times on here. The six again rule. Is the single worst rule to be bought into our game ever.

We have had what is a joke of a Salary Cap for years. All based around keeping the competition as even as possible.

The six again rule in half a season has undone that ideal concept. It gives the referees way to much influence on the result. Without any justification or accountability on their decisions.

Ending in blow out scores and a clear gap with the top & bottom teams.

We happen to be at the bottom of the pile at the moment so it’s hard to sound neutral when we complain.

The league used to pride itself on every team being in finals contention a long way into the season. Keeping the interest of a maximum amount of fans.

I would say up to 10 teams fans have already lost interest in the game this year.

If this rule isn’t rectified in some way I think the game will head down the same path as Rugby.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We had 6 players out from our best team, Atoni also out but that's Baz's choice. We haven't had RFM and Okunbor all season. The difference between Wakeham and Lewis (who should of played) and Flanagan isn't that significant. A lot of fans would of been happy with a back row of Doorey and Topine (instead of Elliott and RFM). The biggest difference was on the wing with T. Katoa/Allan (Allan isn't a winger) instead of Cotric (who's been MIA all season anyways).

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
We had 6 players out from our best team, Atoni also out but that's Baz's choice. We haven't had RFM and Okunbor all season. The difference between Wakeham and Lewis (who should of played) and Flanagan isn't that significant. A lot of fans would of been happy with a back row of Doorey and Topine (instead of Elliott and RFM). The biggest difference was on the wing with T. Katoa/Allan (Allan isn't a winger) instead of Cotric (who's been MIA all season anyways).
Topine gives out a lot of energy I really like the way he plays.
Allan looks like he plays in slow motion.
Cotric will be a gun next to jack next year.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If it was under previous rules. It probably would of been between 40 and 50 points against us. Still terrible but not as bad as it was

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We also haven’t had a full strength team play all year. When u have the weakest squad in the NRL, it makes it even tougher on u with shit tonne of injuries and stupid suspensions against u

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The obsession the NRL have with speeding up the game is what is ruining the contest. Thus ruining the game.

I have said it multiple times on here. The six again rule. Is the single worst rule to be bought into our game ever.

We have had what is a joke of a Salary Cap for years. All based around keeping the competition as even as possible.

The six again rule in half a season has undone that ideal concept. It gives the referees way to much influence on the result. Without any justification or accountability on their decisions.

We happen to be at the bottom of the pile at the moment so it’s hard to sound neutral when we complain.

The league used to pride itself on every team being in finals contention a long way into the season. Keeping the interest of a maximum amount of fans.

I would say up to 10 teams fans have already lost interest in the game this year.

If this rule isn’t rectified in some way I think the game will head down the same path as Rugby.
Fucking awesome post. Soccer (football, wogball, acting school) whatever you want to call it is the perfect example. Here is a game that can go 90 mins for a nil all result where everyone is on the edge of their seat for the entire contest.

Yes it sucks that sometimes there is no result and yes penalty shoot outs in important games are not really the best way to get a result. But V’landys vision is rubbish. Some of the best games of league I have seen over nearly 50 years have ended with score lines like 13-12 or by less than a converted try.
V’landys is wrong and has to be pulled up.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have said it before and ill say it yet again, the NRL is making the game only playable by only the most elite of athletes.
There was also a time when there was a place on the field for every shape and size, from the skinny little whippet to the big boofy guy. Now the game is best suited to players who are big, fast, and athletic, like Sonny Bill etc, this is bad for the development of the game at the grassroots level in the long run as kids who are keen and want to progress to higher levels but don't have the required athletic build and stamina to complete satisfactorily will all fall by the wayside.
Now only Rugby Union can cater to all shapes and sizes from U6 mini through to senior grade and this has a lot of appeal for kids left behind by Soccer and Ausy rules and now, unfortunately, league.

Last edited:

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can someone create a petition to get VLANDY to stand down.
He has done some good things, but does not mean you can do other bad things that is ACTUALITY PUTTING the ACTUAL GAME ON the field into disrepute (changing the games DNA To suite some theory or his own personal ideology)

It would be interesting to see how many signatures it would get.
If it can get some publicity 100K would be the end of him

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another excuseathon. Why would the NRL call off a game when 5 players go against what they asked players to do. If it was another team I’d say they deserved everything they got.

Maybe we should aim to be one of the better and well managed teams rather than crying about what’s happening. In days past we would be handing out the 60 point thrashings.
So now the Dragons have 15 players do the wrong thing. They should all now be suspended / isolated if the NRL are being consistent. So they will play Manly after the bye with all those players missing. Surely Manly could rack up the ton if this happens. But you watch the NRL will make some sort of an excuse & it won't. You heard it here first!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Take the bulldogs out of the equation for a minute. As a fan of footy, do you really want to see more blow out score lines than close games? Do you really want to see 50 points being racked up by teams week after week? Look at souths, they are a relatively good team and even they have conceded 50 twice this year.

Surely no genuine footy fan wants to see this msny blow outs. It’s not the footy most of us grew up with.... doesn’t even resemble it.... it’s a circus being overseen by an inept ringmaster.

I lost my uncle to cancer around a month and a half ago. He was a diehard roosters fan who was footy mad and watched every single game every week. Shortly before we lost him he told me he was getting sick of footy because of the amount of blowouts we are seeing. It’s not just fans of the struggling teams who are over it.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Take the bulldogs out of the equation for a minute. As a fan of footy, do you really want to see more blow out score lines than close games? Do you really want to see 50 points being racked up by teams week after week? Look at souths, they are a relatively good team and even they have conceded 50 twice this year.

Surely no genuine footy fan wants to see this msny blow outs. It’s not the footy most of us grew up with.... doesn’t even resemble it.... it’s a circus being overseen by an inept ringmaster.

I lost my uncle to cancer around a month and a half ago. He was a diehard roosters fan who was footy mad and watched every single game every week. Shortly before we lost him he told me he was getting sick of footy because of the amount of blowouts we are seeing. It’s not just fans of the struggling teams who are over it.
Sorry for your loss mate. And he was right, the game is being hurt badly by a ring in that thinks he can do what he want to our game….

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Players out:
Cotric
Crichton
Deitz
Elliott
RFM
S.Katoa
Napa
Okunbor
Schoupp
Smith
Waddell
Wakeham

That's 12 then you could realistically say we haven't replaced DWZ & we are also 2 down on our 30 man squad before that, so you could say 15.

THEN next week we add Seumanfagai & JMK (both suspended) & that will be 17 out against the Roosters.

AND on top of that we had the weakest squad in the comp, a virtual reserve grade side.

What are the Harold Matts boys doing next weekend?