BLOW OUT SCORE LINES - NRL CREATED THIS

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can someone create a petition to get VLANDY to stand down.
He has done some good things, but does not mean you can do other bad things that is ACTUALITY PUTTING the ACTUAL GAME ON the field into disrepute (changing the games DNA To suite some theory or his own personal ideology)

It would be interesting to see how many signatures it would get.
If it can get some publicity 100K would be the end of him
where do I sign!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Take the bulldogs out of the equation for a minute. As a fan of footy, do you really want to see more blow out score lines than close games? Do you really want to see 50 points being racked up by teams week after week? Look at souths, they are a relatively good team and even they have conceded 50 twice this year.

Surely no genuine footy fan wants to see this msny blow outs. It’s not the footy most of us grew up with.... doesn’t even resemble it.... it’s a circus being overseen by an inept ringmaster.

I lost my uncle to cancer around a month and a half ago. He was a diehard roosters fan who was footy mad and watched every single game every week. Shortly before we lost him he told me he was getting sick of footy because of the amount of blowouts we are seeing. It’s not just fans of the struggling teams who are over it.
First sorry for your loss, I did see your posts about him during that time.

Please don’t get me wrong, the game doesn’t resemble what it used to be. Many people wanted aspects of the game fixed or sped up but it has gone too far but I will say if we were a strong team and putting 50 on other teams consistently I doubt you’d hear much from a lot of our fans.

My interest in league is minimal compared to what it used to be for many reasons including too much tinkering with the game.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Nrl have turned the game into touch football.
I’m bored watching the same sweeping backline moves from every team over and over.

The intensity has gone out of the game - the score-athons are boring.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So now the Dragons have 15 players do the wrong thing. They should all now be suspended / isolated if the NRL are being consistent. So they will play Manly after the bye with all those players missing. Surely Manly could rack up the ton if this happens. But you watch the NRL will make some sort of an excuse & it won't. You heard it here first!
Consistency isn’t a strong point for the NRL or V’landys so nothing would surprise me tbh.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much as I agree that V’Landys has ruined the game with his rule changes , these posts would not exist if we were in 1st spot and towelling up teams by 40 week in week out.
if the rules are hear to stay we will have to adapt . Storm have adapted and so have the Panthers.
Quality players can play under any conditions.
Our biggest issue isn’t the rule changes, it’s our shit roster and the mediocre coaches coaching us the last few years,

Last edited:

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Share this petition and sign it

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As much as I agree that V’Landys has ruined the game with his rule changes , these posts would not exist if we were in 1st spot and towelling up teams by 40 week in week out.
if the rules are hear to stay we will have to adapt . Storm have adapted and so have the Panthers.
Quality players can play under any conditions.
pour biggest issue isn’t the rule changes, it’s our shit roster and the mediocre coaches coaching us the last few years,

Share this and sign it

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okay we lost 66 - 0 with a PARK FOOTY team wearing a BULLDOGS JERSEY. That is the facts, it was not a full strength bulldogs team. So hard to blame a coach when he had 13 Players out of the top team.

The reality is many teams are losing by 40+ every week. (FULL strength teams).
Tigers are full strength and losing consistently by big margin.

Raiders getting smashed by titans who lost by 50 against manly a few weeks back.

Roosters scored 0 against Melbourne. (On paper they will beat most teams)

We can keep going on. Just look at all the results through out the year.

The BULLDOGS at full strength haven't scores a point on 3 or 4 times this year to put in perspective. So what do you expect when they have 13 players out from that team?

You can BLAME anyone but no one could change that result. And you are getting upset as if we LOST 66-0 with a full strength team playing for a top 8 spot.

Parramatta lost 56 Nil a few years back in a semi-final (yeah that is embarrassing)

WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS TEAM on paper is capable of? Why are you upset? NRL CREATED this.

Yeah it sucks but it was very expected considering the players that were in that team.

It does not matter how much effort you have when they players are debutants playing in an already untalented and park football standard team.

Manly are full of internationals and have the fastest backline with the best player in the world who has been demolishing all his opponents including at origin level all year.

What did you expect when TURBO is playing against a PARK FOOTBALL STANDARD TEAM?

Perspective and Context is important in where you choose to aim your anger at and who you start blaming for this to be allowed to happen to begin with.

The NRL should have called the game off as soon as 5 players from 1 team are ruled out due to COVID-19 breaches.
I’d love to blame someone else for our struggles and our poor roster in 2021 but this is repercussions from the Clubs past management and Des Hasler, not the NRL.

Adding that sport is unpredictable, not all games are going to be decided by a point and the customary flogging will happen.

We won’t be coming last next year and hopefully we’ll be shelling out some big wins of our own, keep the faith brother.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Share this petition and sign it

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Players out:
Cotric
Crichton
Deitz
Elliott
RFM
S.Katoa
Napa
Okunbor
Schoupp
Smith
Waddell
Wakeham

That's 12 then you could realistically say we haven't replaced DWZ & we are also 2 down on our 30 man squad before that, so you could say 15.

THEN next week we add Seumanfagai & JMK (both suspended) & that will be 17 out against the Roosters.

AND on top of that we had the weakest squad in the comp, a virtual reserve grade side.

What are the Harold Matts boys doing next weekend?
A lot of those players don't make our best team tho (which is why it's 6 players, Baz chose to play Patolo over Atoni). That's the point I'm making. Also we've had a few of those players pretty much out the whole season, if not the whole season. Some of the players that came in yesterday weren't too much worse than our strongest team. It isn't an excuse for yesterday.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that will work is for all us pissed off supporters to take a stand by organising a mass 'TV Turn Off' over a nominated weekend.

This is the only way we will get change and those turkeys will listen.

They are forcing a glorified version of touch footy down our throat & trying to pass it of as Rugby League - it just ain't footy.

It's time us fans hold a major strike, and switch off to show them armholes how serious we are.

No Fans - No game - No million dollar pay packets for those who made these ridiculous decisions.

They will want to be very careful, a rebel comp played the right way would be quite attractive as an alternative right now.

Last edited:

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Found this online
Petition against VLANDYS

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
First sorry for your loss, I did see your posts about him during that time.

Please don’t get me wrong, the game doesn’t resemble what it used to be. Many people wanted aspects of the game fixed or sped up but it has gone too far but I will say if we were a strong team and putting 50 on other teams consistently I doubt you’d hear much from a lot of our fans.

My interest in league is minimal compared to what it used to be for many reasons including too much tinkering with the game.
Yeah I see your point..... from my POV, I know this team has so many problems it’s enough to drive a fan to depression.... I just don’t care as much as I once would have due to what I see as the total deterioration of the game I grew up loving. Two seperate, but very valid issues, imo.

Thanks for your sympathies. That means a lot. He was living with my mum and I have moved in to help her with the rent for a few months before we both find our own new places. I’m sitting in his old room right now. Still so weird to think that he is gone.,

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss mate. And he was right, the game is being hurt badly by a ring in that thinks he can do what he want to our game….
He sure was. I don’t see how anyone could think so many blowouts could make the game more appealing.

Thsnks for your sympathies, mate. Much appreciated.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The repeat set is the most bullshit rule ever. Where is the advantage to a team who gets a repeat set inside their own 10 meter zone on the first tackle? At least with a proper penalty you get to kick for touch and potentially gain 30-40 meters and it gets you out of trouble.