Blatant DISCRIMINATION

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I assure you this isn't a personal vendetta against the Melbourne players Smith and Munster for their latest drama.
I am simply stating the obvious...Why the blatant discrimination ???
When a Sydney based team players causes a drama they are always harshly attacked and prejudged by the media and the NRL ?
Yet if players from outside of Sydney do the same or worse they get a feel sorry sweep under the carpet lenient approach !!!
Is it me or is it The greatest Shame of All ? :rage:

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I assure you this isn't a personal vendetta against the Melbourne players Smith and Munster for their latest drama.
When a Sydney based team players causes a drama they are always harshly attacked and prejudged by the media and the NRL ?
Yet if players from outside of Sydney do the same or worse they get a feel sorry sweep under the carpet lenient approach !!!
It's a fair point but I think it is early days to start really blowing up.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I tell you what would be even more interesting...

If that footage was from the day OF the Dally M's...

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs were fined for not taking Lewis off when concussed - will Melbourne be fined for leaving Welch on the field or will Penrith be fined for leaving Cleary on the field when showing signs of concussion?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dogs were fined for not taking Lewis off when concussed - will Melbourne be fined for leaving Welch on the field or will Penrith be fined for leaving Cleary on the field when showing signs of concussion?
I think we all know the answer to that.

And if Cheese was a Bulldog? We know the answer to that as well.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we all know the answer to that.

And if Cheese was a Bulldog? We know the answer to that as well.
Even if Cheese was simply signed and was coming to the Bulldogs next year he would be Front page news for days.

Reported as Bulldogs new signing has done this or that.
Like when someone that played with the dogs years ago gets done for something. They will report it as former bulldog and the photo will be in the Bulldog jersey.

The double standards around reporting are a disgrace.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Even if Cheese was simply signed and was coming to the Bulldogs next year he would be Front page news for days.

Like when someone that played with the dogs years ago gets done for something. They will report it as former bulldog and the photo will be in the Bulldog jersey.

Daily Terrorgraph the catalyst for gutter, gossip journalism IMO. We are their convenient baddies for clicks and societal division.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Daily Terrorgraph the catalyst for gutter, gossip journalism IMO. We are their convenient baddies for clicks and societal division.
Do you remember ?
Approximately 4 years ago a police officer at Cronulla got in trouble breaking the law, she was reported as being a Bulldogs fan, her crime had nothing to do with being a Bulldogs fan yet the media felt the need to mention it in order to tarnish our image !

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, I can see the headline now

"Cocaine Bulldogs"
With a big picture of Naden & Cheese both Photo shopped in a Bulldogs jumper.

Story by Drunkfield

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Luai basically lied during his HIA and the NRL just laughed it off as a post game joke lol

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if the media have been warned by the Storm lawyers to stay away from it until there is more information. They have ben known to do that in the past, they are quick on the litigation button.

Always a Bulldog

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you remember ?
Approximately 4 years ago a police officer at Cronulla got in trouble breaking the law, she was reported as being a Bulldogs fan, her crime had nothing to do with being a Bulldogs fan yet the media felt the need to mention it in order to tarnish our image !
Bulldog and the bomb is still one of my favorites

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If I was a Storm fan I'd be pretty upset, these blokes played their worst game playing to be in the GF. Where is the determination to do better next season? Bad look all round.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s just a fact of life that we are a big club in terms of history and support in the biggest rugby league market there is so of course anything we are involved in will make bigger headlines. I doubt the club is really bothered or keeping score about what’s reported and I wouldn’t hold your breath about anything changing. There’s really no point worrying about this kind of thing now with the amount of incidents it’s just makes all the NRL look bad.

On a Bulldogs perspective you have to count your bias in these things too. You are always going to be paying closer attention to things involving your club. It’s the same as the refs people always think that their club cops the rough end of the stick.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if the media have been warned by the Storm lawyers to stay away from it until there is more information. They have ben known to do that in the past, they are quick on the litigation button.

Always a Bulldog
Typical of criminals !

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
news limited