Blake Wilson

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kid needs to be in the blue and white. I rate him up there and could potentially be our fb for a long time. Yes we have a couple of gun juniors who can slot into the 1 but if we let this guy go I think we will regret it. Has he signed on for a top 30 spot next year?

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's under contract for next year
There are plenty of players with a contract for 2024 that will "disappear" by the time the top 30 is required to be announced.
That we have excess flexibility in our cap spend means this is even more likely.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he is a little raw but what do people expect? A superstar instantly… he has every attribute a gun footballer can have early on in his grade year.. he has speed, strength and footy smarts… mark my words this kid will be a gun wing/fullback in the near future

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There are plenty of players with a contract for 2024 that will "disappear" by the time the top 30 is required to be announced.
That we have excess flexibility in our cap spend means this is even more likely.
I doubt Wilson is one of them. He has potential and has some good games mixed in with bad ones. At least he keeps playing hard and tries to make up for mistakes.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a depth player at best.

He gives his his all so cannot question his attitude. He is good minimum wage cover for the odd game. But isn’t a week in week out NRL level player.

However his game awareness and footy IQ let him down hugely. The ability to read the game and anticipate what’s happening are attributes that are more natural in a player than coached into them.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I doubt Wilson is one of them. He has potential and has some good games mixed in with bad ones. At least he keeps playing hard and tries to make up for mistakes.
I think he is in the favoured group. I expect him to stay.
I don't think he has had any "bad games". I have seen plenty of good things, plenty of potential, plenty of NRL qualities, combined with some lesser performances & some mistakes you would expect from a rookie, especially one finding their feet in a struggling team.

It's a pity we have chosen to throw other rookies under the bus so quickly in favour of tried and tested hacks that we then go on to let go anyway.
But then, our Head Coach is a rookie too, so patience...I guess.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This kid needs to be in the blue and white. I rate him up there and could potentially be our fb for a long time. Yes we have a couple of gun juniors who can slot into the 1 but if we let this guy go I think we will regret it. Has he signed on for a top 30 spot next year?
100% . He needs to be retained

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
CC clearly loves him moved Jac to right ring just to give him a few extra games at his preferred left wing. So say we keep him. In the last game he was solid on the right wing. CC clearly has him above Skelton as next man up. Was awesome at fb in Reggie's as well ran hard and straight so is a back up option there as well. He did bomb a few tries in NRL, but worked hard to get back in the game. Won't run through the whole team like Jac can and maybe Skelton but has enough pace. We are pretty stacked for backs but depending how things shake out could drag the right wing spot.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good instincts, very quick, deceptively strong and tough.

They are pretty good attributes!

If he was playing in a top side he would be scoring close to a try a game!

Also makes the hard yards and is good defensively - I really want to see him given an opportunity at fullback.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BW is one of the only players in the team with an absolutely killer step, add to that his speed some brains and the fact he has a go.

A good pre season and I think he’d kill it on the right side wing next to Crichton next year .. let’s hope they know what they’re doing in regards to his development ..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I disagree about him being our long term fullback. Joash Papali'i is already better & he's 4 years younger than Blake Wilson. I don't mind him being in our top 30 squad though.