• NSW Cup

Votes: 22 12.8%

• Total voters

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we land Koloamatangi, then Rabbitohs fans will be fuming. He's a bankstown boy and grew up in the area. Used to support us when he was young.
If we put an offer on the table, there is no way he's refusing that. With how the Rabbitohs are performing, i think he wants to leave the club.
He’s a weapon alright, great player.. another I would love to see at the club !! Brilliant if this happened.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s so hard to make sense of? We are getting Taaffe for around half of what the Dolphins are paying Averillo. It’s called sound salary cap management.
You’re also getting half the player. You gotta spend the cap somehow so making “budget” signings all throughout the squad will not make you competitive. Tell me who the roosters or panthers have in their backline on $200k?

Roscothebulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
You’re also getting half the player. You gotta spend the cap somehow so making “budget” signings all throughout the squad will not make you competitive. Tell me who the roosters or panthers have in their backline on $200k?
If you think Taaffe is half the player Averillo is then your eyes must be painted on.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swear I saw a stat last night that Taffe has played 10 games and averages 74m per game. That’s kinda low for a FB, right?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I still can't make any sense of losing Averillo and gaining Taaffe. I've tried being delusional & positive but I can't do it any more.

Bulldogs are in a mess and who knows when the hell we are getting out.
Who knows the negotiations. Averillo prob wanted to play 1 position and wanted certain amount of $. Taaffe is happy to be a utility and comes at half that value. Salary cap juggles. Currently we have 3 better centre than averillo. 1 may play fullback the other is playing 6. If taaffe plays 6 Burton in centre than Jake is bench. If taaffe plays 1 and critta plays centre Jake misses out. If Jake took less than he would have been re signed but dolphins have cap money and prob have gave $450- 500k.

Last edited:

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As poor as our season has been i feel good inside knowing souths and parras season is done already, with all the depth and talent they have and neither team making the 8 !
Our win against souths made a difference to them.
Ba haaaaaaa

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Kiraz
2. Skelton/Wilson
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Addo Carr
6. Burton
7. Taaffe

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I swear I saw a stat last night that Taffe has played 10 games and averages 74m per game. That’s kinda low for a FB, right?
It is probably still better than Loltrell.

If you are talking top fullbacks of recent years, Tedesco & Edwards are all around 200m in finals games. Even CNK who is very underrated gives you strong carries and is mistake free usually. He was very good at the Raiders and has found his form again at the Warriors. CNK would probably be 150+

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you think Taaffe is half the player Averillo is then your eyes must be painted on.
Averillo has the edge, he has a proven record in FG of playing multiple positions. He has played well considering the loser stench at our club. Where as Taaffe has had a lot better players around him in FG and only played FB.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Averillo has the edge, he has a proven record in FG of playing multiple positions. He has played well considering the loser stench at our club. Where as Taaffe has had a lot better players around him in FG and only played FB.
Averillo has more pace and agility. But Taaffe looks to have better tempo, positioning and pass selection.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taffe would make more metres if he was given the ball.
Remember one game recently walker gave it to.him taffe and set up try bang bang.
Never passed to.him again all game .. go figure

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he will be from the bench as a utility