News Blake Green could reject Canterbury Bulldogs to become a Newcastle Knights coach

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo and Townsend wouldn’t be the worst halves pairing in the comp.It certainly wouldn’t be the best but it would be better than most of the halves pairing we have trotted out the last few years.

Burton would be great but he ain’t no halfback
Much better than what weve had since Hodko left thats for sure

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A man after my own heart. First beer I tasted was at the three swallows in the early 70s and it was a Resches. still love it. Cant get it in QLD. And now its a boutique beer.
I’ve tried to like it so many times but just can’t sorry. It’s liquid gold compared to VB though

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone got an update on Green's injury? I'm assuming he's still coming or the knights would've announced something?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone got an update on Green's injury? I'm assuming he's still coming or the knights would've announced something?
From what I have read Flanagan was always the target for 2022. Green was signed as a stop gap for 2021 because he was the best "available" half on the market at the time.

Since then Green obviously got injured and has now been offered a gig coaching at the Knights. The fact that he has got injured and we have now got Flanagan a year early I would be very, very surprised if he is at the dogs next year.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Another thing would be if Green can be bothered going through all the rehab after getting the Knights offer.
he would do that regardless the rehab, but if he wants to play on then we would have to take him on and honour contract. If he was told he would be playing reserve grade all year he might change his mind

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
he would do that regardless the rehab, but if he wants to play on then we would have to take him on and honour contract. If he was told he would be playing reserve grade all year he might change his mind
The rehab would be totally different and easier if he is retiring as opposed to playing again.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep he would know more than me.

At the end of the day the club cant renege on the contract so if he is fit to honour his contract and wants to do so then I guess we have no choice. It doesnt make much difference in the end. He wouldnt be on much and would provide some good depth and mentoring for the younger blokes if he comes.

But he will miss a chunk of the season and we have Flanagan now so if he doesnt come then no great loss.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The rehab would be totally different and easier if he is retiring as opposed to playing again.
physio etc would be the same, just not the fitness and sprint training if he is not playing again

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

At the end of the day the club cant renege on the contract so if he is fit to honour his contract and wants to do so then I guess we have no choice. It doesnt make much difference in the end. He wouldnt be on much and would provide some good depth and mentoring for the younger blokes if he comes.

But he will miss a chunk of the season and we have Flanagan now so if he doesnt come then no great loss.
I'm not too fussed either way but if he will only miss 6 weeks with his knee he would be good to have around for experience.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

yeh exactly great back up and experience

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully it is resolved in the next week or so by us getting Burton for next season then Green can stay in Newcastle which I'm sure he wants too anyway.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps..but may be not.
Been plenty of people happy to see out the end of a contract in reserves....drag out rehab..
Not sure what $$ he was signed for...
I actually rate him & saw some real positives, particularly for young halves to observe & learn from..