News Blake Green could reject Canterbury Bulldogs to become a Newcastle Knights coach

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we offered silly money then great result. Otherwise he might have come in handy if the price was right.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lies. The thing that puzzles me about VB is how they get the cats to piss in the bottles.
And get away with charging more for it! :grinning:

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah why not keep Green and pick up Benji and use them as a 1-2 punch where the teams that need more attack we use Benji and the one where we need a more controlled game we use Green and we can keep Avo at 6 soaking it all up

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It takes a while, players get them all the time.
But people aren't robots and even robots have different degrees of ACL injuries.
Green could be out for 9 months. Maybe 7 months.
Not a lot of time tifference but 7 games is a lot.

So I don't see the point u are trying to make.
I think the point trying to be made is those players on the short side of recovery are younger. Green is an old fart who would likely be retiring end of next year anyway. he will be on the longer side of the scale.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Green did opt for retirement and a coaching role. I'd like to think that perhaps we'd throw Cogger a lifeline if he's willing to return. I've got a feeling that he'll wind up doing really well if a coach offers him a decent chance to establish himself in a good team.

While Marshall might be a decent option, his price tag would be the only question mark for me. Any player on the far side of 30 is not the ideal long term prospect. But if experience is the main criteria we're looking for in a short term half, he's a good candidate.

Malla

Reaction score
If Green did opt for retirement and a coaching role. I'd like to think that perhaps we'd throw Cogger a lifeline if he's willing to return. I've got a feeling that he'll wind up doing really well if a coach offers him a decent chance to establish himself in a good team.

While Marshall might be a decent option, his price tag would be the only question mark for me. Any player on the far side of 30 is not the ideal long term prospect. But if experience is the main criteria we're looking for in a short term half, he's a good candidate.
I like Cogger, but he is nothing more than a reggies player that can do a job in first grade a couple times a year to fill in for injuries. Not the worst option.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like Cogger, but he is nothing more than a reggies player that can do a job in first grade a couple times a year to fill in for injuries. Not the worst option.
I've got a feeling that he'll wind up securing a permanent run on spot eventually and will thrive if he's not looking over his shoulder to watch for competition. Only time will tell though. Hopefully we're not talking about him as another one we let get away.

Malla

Reaction score
I've got a feeling that he'll wind up securing a permanent run on spot eventually and will thrive if he's not looking over his shoulder to watch for competition. Only time will tell though. Hopefully we're not talking about him as another one we let get away.
We'll see.

You would never question his commitment though. He definitely works hard on his craft. If only the rest of the team followed his lead.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Townsend for 2 years could work. He is better than most of the halves being talked about, better if the Sharks are paying some freight

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lies. The thing that puzzles me about VB is how they get the cats to piss in the bottles.
KFC would never employ you Alan, you’d give away the 11 secret herbs and spices...
So that’s what’s in that bottle - thanks.
More than simply the abbreviated ‘Victorian Backwash’. I bet that marketing isn’t working too well for them in a C-19 world :-).

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry mate, old school. VB, XXXX BItter and the love of my life Reschs on tap...

All these new fangled drinks they call beer made by guys with lumberjack beards that dress like barristers, have a place, just not in my fridge.
Ahhh, the silver bullet. I’m with you mate, not much of a craft beer bloke myself. It’s a bit like Chinese food - who needs tofu infused bok choy when you’ve got lemon chicken and mongolian lamb.
Ain’t broke don’t fix! :-).

Last edited:

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put your hands up if you want to play for the Bulldogs, no experience necessary... Short on squad numbers and no one else wants to board the Titanic so this is your chance...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Heaps of talk of Chad Townsend.

Not a bad signing, but depends on how much for. Would be good to pair him with Burton.
Unlikely though? He’s contracted to the end of ‘22 and probably not gobbling cap space. It seems the Sharts are keener on moving on the likes of Moylan, Dugan etc as a higher priority.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should sign Benji regardless of what’s happening with Green. For starters he is cheap, can actually provide some spark in attack and gives us an option to at least have an established half if Green plays on or not.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should sign Benji regardless of what’s happening with Green. For starters he is cheap, can actually provide some spark in attack and gives us an option to at least have an established half if Green plays on or not.
With Arthur being a Tigers and Dogs man I can see him liking the idea of Benji running around with us for a year or so..

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Arthur being a Tigers and Dogs man I can see him liking the idea of Benji running around with us for a year or so..
I think benji is still a good option for the term you stated . We've been down this path before in a transition period with Stuart and kimmorley .
I've said previously that benji could also benefit JMKs dummy half passing. Knowing his brother is the playmaker continually calling for the ball. If he's our starting hooker next year we need to retrain him that there's no Lewis or Tolman confusing him in attacking raids.