News Blake Green could reject Canterbury Bulldogs to become a Newcastle Knights coach

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Best thing for us is he and us agree he stays at knights.

Get burton signed. Get addo carr signed. Figure out how to get them here ASAP.

Smith to storm.
Give panthers the $ they want to make it happen.

Addo carr
Burton
Flanagan

We have a deadly spine if we can land Clarke Smith or grant for 2022

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've said this before we need Marshall.
We can pick him up cheap, hit the pause button for a year then pick up Burton
What is wrong with t h is idea he comes cheap, will help JMK by just being there, it's a confidence thing. Solves a lot of problems.
Maybe Steve Hansen can bring us one of the Barrett brother's
Last thing we need is a turnstile like Benji in the team with his wildly inconsistent attacking play.

There's nothing to suggest having him there will improve JMK either. Getting Benji is waste of a roster spot and cap space.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope so. Hopefully it doesn’t drag on and on. He either needs to come out and commit to us or say he’s retiring
Exactly. We did the right thing by not trying to nullify his contract when it became clear he might miss a big chunk of playing time of his one year deal. He should show us the same respect by making his position clear soon.

I've said this before we need Marshall.
We can pick him up cheap, hit the pause button for a year then pick up Burton
What is wrong with t h is idea he comes cheap, will help JMK by just being there, it's a confidence thing. Solves a lot of problems.
Maybe Steve Hansen can bring us one of the Barrett brother's
I think Marshall has signed for a year with the Cowboys. I'm not 100% certain on that. But from memory he's committed to them.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news - Newcastle, meanwhile, will console itself with the signature of Blake Green for next season, although he will miss the start of the year as he recovers from knee surgery. Green has been released from his one-year deal at Canterbury to stay at the Knights, where he will eventually join the coaching staff.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Good news - Newcastle, meanwhile, will console itself with the signature of Blake Green for next season, although he will miss the start of the year as he recovers from knee surgery. Green has been released from his one-year deal at Canterbury to stay at the Knights, where he will eventually join the coaching staff.
Source ? Sounds like confirmation?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hallelujah brother, God be praised :grinning:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. We did the right thing by not trying to nullify his contract when it became clear he might miss a big chunk of playing time of his one year deal. He should show us the same respect by making his position clear soon.

I think Marshall has signed for a year with the Cowboys. I'm not 100% certain on that. But from memory he's committed to them.
I heard he rejected the Cowboys offer. Wanted something like $400k.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't want Benji, but I don't think he's after that much to play at a Sydney club, I just don't think he really wants to move up to QLD (unless it's a good offer, e.g. 400k).

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't want Benji, but I don't think he's after that much to play at a Sydney club, I just don't think he really wants to move up to QLD (unless it's a good offer, e.g. 400k).
Yeah fair enough.
Don’t see many Sydney clubs offering anything near that anyway.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok. I recall the article I read speculating that his signing might have a flow on effect with a few others moving around. Thought he'd signed.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Now that Greeny is staying in the Hunter and Burton might not be getting a release for 21 it’ll be interesting to see what Baz will do. Avo and Flanno? Wakes and Flanno? Or TK MVP Lachlan Lewis and Flanno? LOL

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Now that Greeny is staying in the Hunter and Burton might not be getting a release for 21 it’ll be interesting to see what Baz will do. Avo and Flanno? Wakes and Flanno? Or TK MVP Lachlan Lewis and Flanno? LOL
I'd say it'd be Flanagan and Lewis only because there's no point playing Averillo five-eighth if Burton's coming in 2022, we might as well start playing Averillo at fullback. We really need Burton. Wakeham did himself no favours this year and he's behind Lewis in the packing order. If Bailey Biondi-Odo got to play this year (no reserve grade) he might of been ready for next year.