• Dylan Napa $600k

Votes: 70 41.4%

• Total voters

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They (and othes) should never have been signed for those ridiculous amounts in the first place.

The accummulative effects of all these bad buys are on the Boards who signed them. That is where the shocking damage to the club's fortunes, and responsibilities, lie...not with the individual players who naturally accepted the coin.

Their responsibility was to play to their best ability, and form shown elsewhere...none did, so that's on us as well as them I'm afraid.

Standards fell and hence we are where we are.

Finally the long slow grind to get back starts next year...(yet again) but surely Gus' plan has us on a firmer footing to achieve it this time.

Next year is basics, defence systems and clearing more deadwood, and buying the best available to do the job.

It might take a while to rebuild the roster to a standard of Top 4 club from where we are now.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I was excited about Napa then I saw his first game.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Foran was worst value for money followed by she rex

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tony Williams $600k
Was very disappointing. The only great year he had was the year of his last contract with Manly & we bought him off that.

Nick Cotric $650k
Desperate times call for desperate measures & we had to pay overs to get talented players to us at the time. We took a gamble on a winger becoming a centre & it failed miserably, BUT his signing helped us get others.

TPJ $750k
Is he injured? If so, why is he playing? Get him fit for next year. Has done some good things & certainly better than She-Rex. But he is only in his first year & we can only hope Ciraldo puts a fire under him in pre-season.

Luke Thompson $800k
Got off to a rocky start being in lockdown by himself & under pressure after being dubbed the Worlds best prop. Suspensions & concussion have been major issues for him but before the concussions, hadn't delivered enough & is undersized in the NRL.

Corey Allan $500k
Got selected as FB in a very weak QLD side (once) that somehow beat NSW & someone stupidly though he was the answer to our FB problems. Injuries & poor form has shown that this was a bad purchase. Hopefully Wayne Bennett will get desperate enough to send an SOS to help out Redcliffe.

Dylan Napa $600k
This wasn't a disappointment for me, this is what I expected. Another desperation signing after being shown the door by the Roosters. That alone should have told administrators something.

So my vote has to go to Thompson because he has not been anywhere near expectations (probably media based) & struggled in a stronger competition week to week. He has 1 more season to prove himself (that's if he isn't traded elsewhere) but I can't see him re-signing with the Bulldogs. I wish him well with his concussions & his Mum's health.

2 others that should have been on this list are Foran & Woods. Would have been better flushing the money down the toilet.

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They (and othes) should never have been signed for those ridiculous amounts in the first place.

The accummulative effects of all these bad buys are on the Boards who signed them. That is where the shocking damage to the club's fortunes, and responsibilities, lie...not with the individual players who naturally accepted the coin.

Their responsibility was to play to their best ability, and form shown elsewhere...none did, so that's on us as well as them I'm afraid.

Standards fell and hence we are where we are.

Finally the long slow grind to get back starts next year...(yet again) but surely Gus' plan has us on a firmer footing to achieve it this time.

Next year is basics, defence systems and clearing more deadwood, and buying the best available to do the job.

It might take a while to rebuild the roster to a standard of Top 4 club from where we are now.
The problem started with the Hasler, Dib, Greenberg reign & others afterwards got desperate to turn things around & had to pay overs for players BUT signing Napa was a REALLY dumb move.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Main signing tier list from 2010-
After factoring in salary, performance, longevity. King and RFM have potential to move up a tier but at this point you can't put them any higher

A tier - Guns:
Graham
B tier - Good signing:
Tolman, Pritchard, Perrett, Rona, JAC
C tier - Satisfactory/Pass:
CHN, Inu, M. King, Vaughan, Hodkinson, Burton
D tier - Bad signings:
RFM, JMK, B. Moz,
F Tier - flat out fails:
Allan, Thompson, Cotric, Hopoate, DWZ, Stimson, Waddell, Hetherington, Dufty,
P Tier - for the most putrid of signings:
Napa, T-Rex, Foran, Lichaa, Woods, Flanagan, TPJ

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After factoring in salary, performance, longevity. King and RFM have potential to move up a tier but at this point you can't put them any higher

A tier - Guns:
Graham
B tier - Good signing:
D tier - Bad signings:
RFM, JMK, B. Moz,
F Tier - flat out fails:
Hopoate got our player of the year so he cant be flat out fail - he played a year too long but he was much more of a pass than CHN. I would swap TPJ and Stimson too

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score

A tier - Guns:
Graham
B tier - Good signing:
D tier - Bad signings:
RFM, JMK, B. Moz,
F Tier - flat out fails:
Max king has been excellent. Big massive for us on next to nothing

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Max king has been excellent. Big massive for us on next to nothing
Has been this year. 1 year wasted though u fortunately but think he pushes up a tier or 2 over the next 12-18 months

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wonder how much we’ll be paying TPJ to play at another club next season.